Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

possibility of a Feature request in loopy pro?? if it doesnt already exist?? and quick introduction

edited February 29 in Loopy Pro

Hi, im new to the audiobus forums... i been doing occasional searches for ipad music apps etc and it regularly points me to the audiobus forums when searching on google!
i normally hang out in the Maschine & Reaper forums... so from that you should be able to gauge some of the gear i use..

concerning Loopy pro, which i purchased after seeing all the great videos on youtube...

i was wondering if you can offset the start of a sample by 1/4 of the loop length of the sample/loop... that way when you trigger a sample or loop, the start point is shifted by a 1/4 of the size of the loop??
thus a 1/4... 1/2... 3/4... would also make sense
it would make sense to have a line illustrating where the current offset is situated??
anyway just a random thought that popped into my head LOL
cheeRs

Comments

• @triple7 said:
    Hi, im new to the audiobus forums... i been doing occasional searches for ipad music apps etc and it regularly points me to the audiobus forums when searching on google!
    i normally hang out in the Maschine & Reaper forums... so from that you should be able to gauge some of the gear i use..

concerning Loopy pro, which i purchased after seeing all the great videos on youtube...

i was wondering if you can offset the start of a sample by 1/4 of the loop length of the sample/loop... that way when you trigger a sample or loop, the start point is shifted by a 1/4 of the size of the loop??
    thus a 1/4... 1/2... 3/4... would also make sense
    it would make sense to have a line illustrating where the current offset is situated??
    anyway just a random thought that popped into my head LOL
    cheeRs

Currently, you can rotate a loop manually to move its start point. There is also an adjust playhead action that will jump the playhead.

There isn’t yet a way to change the start point by a specific amount.

There are some related planned requests on the roadmap site which you may want to upvote

The roadmap is at https://roadmap.loopypro.com

• wimwim
    edited February 29

As mentioned, Loopy Pro has some but not all of those capabilities. Enso Looper is a plugin you might want to take a look at for some loop shenanigans a bit more like you've referenced.

• @espiegel123
    i will look into moving its start point and see what can be done ...
    thanks for the headsup
    @wim
    i'll have a look at enso looper too
    thanks

• @espiegel123 said:
    Currently, you can rotate a loop manually to move its start point. There is also an adjust playhead action that will jump the playhead.

There isn’t yet a way to change the start point by a specific amount.

There are some related planned requests on the roadmap site which you may want to upvote

The roadmap is at https://roadmap.loopypro.com

very interesting looking at the roadmap of loopypro... the developer definately got his hands full.....

• @espiegel123
    which menu is the adjustment of the start point found??

@wim
    purchased the enso looper on the ipad, i also used it as a inputfx within reaper... i managed to get the levels working... it seemed a little buggy when using it as a Au fx... *shrugs
    whats your experience been with Enso looper?...(something i shouldve asked first before purchasing LOL)

• @triple7 said:
    @espiegel123
    which menu is the adjustment of the start point found??

It isn’t in a menu. Use two fingers to twist the loop.

@wim
    purchased the enso looper on the ipad, i also used it as a inputfx within reaper... i managed to get the levels working... it seemed a little buggy when using it as a Au fx... *shrugs
    whats your experience been with Enso looper?...(something i shouldve asked first before purchasing LOL)

• I haven’t had problems myself with Enso, but I know others have mentioned issues.

I always enable the setting that uses expanded ram.