Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Auria in the input and output position

Hi guys,

I've been messing around with Auria and have reached the point where I'd like to use Auria in the input and output position simultaneously to use FX from other apps (no bass amp in Overloud or JamUp plugins unfortunately). I've read that if you choose Auria as an input in Audiobus before launching it you can then choose it as an output but I haven't had any luck doing it this way. Does this still work with the latest version of Audiobus? If not, which other DAWs allow this?

Comments

• The order shouldn't matter, just don't wake either one up until you have both slots filled.

• It doesn't seem to work on my iPad 2 (6.1). The Auria icon is grey on which ever slot is selected second.

• Auria on an iPad 2 will not work too well since it needs a lot of RAM and only the iPad 3 has 1GB, the iPad 2 only has 512mb.

• It appears that this is not just an iPad 2 issue. thatsRayor has an identical thread over at the Auria forum and even an iPad 4 can no longer do this.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10293&sid=1ff9f81920296618ba17eb9b79b05ec3

• An update from the Auria thread linked above:

"I just spoke with Michael from Audiobus, and apparently he says it was a bug in the earlier versions of the Audiobus app. This is something that's allowed in Audiobus, but an app must specifically enable it, and Auria never has. Earlier versions of the Audiobus app ignored the setting, and allowed all apps to use this feature.

I've made to change for 1.07.

Rim"

• Great news! Thanks for the update, MrNezumi :)

• I've changed a setting in our app database and it should work now, even before the Auria 1.07 update. But you'll have to glitch it into working like in the previous version of Audiobus. Once Auria updates you'll be able to put it in both slots even when Auria is already running.

• Wow it works! What kind of sorcery is this?! Thanks Sebastian :)