Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Filtering out the Sustain Pedal MIDI Message

I'm trying to set up a split patch. I've got my MIDI keyboard set up to split in the middle with the top half going to one Korg ModulePro sound and the lower half going to a different KMP sound. That bit I've done easily enough. However, I need to stop the Sustain Pedal working for the top sound. Is there a way to filter out the Sustain Pedal MIDI command? Thanks

Comments

• @chrisbarnettuk said:
    I'm trying to set up a split patch. I've got my MIDI keyboard set up to split in the middle with the top half going to one Korg ModulePro sound and the lower half going to a different KMP sound. That bit I've done easily enough. However, I need to stop the Sustain Pedal working for the top sound. Is there a way to filter out the Sustain Pedal MIDI command? Thanks

You will need to use streambyter or mozaic or similar midi filter auv3. Load the midi filter using Add Midi. Make it the destination of the keyboard and make the desired instrument the midi filter's destination.

Streambyter is free.

• wimwim
    edited February 13

Loopy doesn't have midi message filtering other than by channel. You'll need to use an app to block it. Streambyter is a free one you can use by installing a single line of code:

BX 40 = XX +B

Route the keyboard midi to streambyter and streambyter midi output to the app for which you want to block sustain pedal. Route the keyboard midi directly to the app you want to use sustain pedal.

You can save a preset in Streambyter so that you don't need to re-enter the code every time.

• edited February 13

Was literally about to ask for this.

@chrisbarnettuk, note that because it's swimming in the entrails of MIDI, StreamByter numbers are in hexadecimal, so if it looks completely bonkers, rest assured that CC parameter 64 becomes "BX 40".

• Think I've solved it with StreamByter. I've also upvoted the feature request on the Roadmap page - would be great to have that kind of flexibility built in. Thanks for all your help guys.