Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Busy Busy Busy

“Busy busy busy” is what we Bokononists whisper whenever we think of how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle

Comments

  • The percussion at the 1:00 mark gives the flavor of “ machinery” to match your quote and the ensuing guitar riffs add a great energy. A great mix as usual. Good stuff Paul.

  • @MadeofWax said:
    The percussion at the 1:00 mark gives the flavor of “ machinery” to match your quote and the ensuing guitar riffs add a great energy. A great mix as usual. Good stuff Paul.

    Hi Mac! Hope things are going well. We’re having pot roast and potatoes tonight. Gotta love that. Peace, bro.

  • A favorite book of my youth. That photo must have inspired you. 😎

  • Great composition and performance. Me like!

  • edited February 11

    @MadeofWax Sorry I didn’t have time to say much. Dinner was on the table! I think you’re right about the machinery feel. I didn’t do it on purpose, it just came up as I was writing it. Glad you liked it.

    I just posted a new track on SoundCloud. I think it would be perfect for some of your video magic. It’s called Demolition Crazy, and it’s unlike anything I have ever done. It’s extreme heavy thrash metal. My ears are still ringing! Although it’s really intense, the “lyrics” have a very positive message. The whole thing is a complete contradiction.

    If you are ever looking for an excuse to just vent and blow off some steam, this could be the one! We’re praying for you, bud. Have a great day!

    It’s available for download if you ever get the urge.

  • @Stochastically said:
    A favorite book of my youth. That photo must have inspired you. 😎

    I love all of Vonnegut’s books, but Cat’s Cradle was one of my favorites. I did a track called Ice Nine about a year ago. I started something called San Lorenzo, but I put it aside for now.

    Kurt Vonnegut had a real talent for coming up with great ideas and turning them into great literature, with some subtle comedy mixed in. He had some great one liners. Two of my favorites are…

    The universe is a really big place, perhaps the biggest.

    And…

    All those who believe in telekinesis… raise my hand.

    Thanks for listening and commenting!

  • @Pxlhg said:
    Great composition and performance. Me like!

    Thank you for calling it composition! I’ll take that as a compliment. I had fun with this one. Glad you enjoyed it . Have a great day, my friend.

  • @Paulieworld said:

    @Pxlhg said:
    Great composition and performance. Me like!

    Thank you for calling it composition! I’ll take that as a compliment. I had fun with this one. Glad you enjoyed it . Have a great day, my friend.

    It's more than that.
    Great ideas, put together very well!
    Have a great Sunday.

  • @rs2000 Thank you. You made my day! Have a great one, too.

  • DavDav
    edited February 11

    Well put together! Is that a blocs wave vocal? Really like how you mix the percussion instruments in, especially like the little sticks rolling + hihat grove going on around the 2 min mark. I’ve never heard a bad song from you. It ended too quick!

  • edited February 11

    @Dav said:
    Well put together! Is that a blocs wave vocal? Really like how you mix the percussion instruments in, especially like the little sticks rolling + hihat grove going on around the 2 min mark. I’ve never heard a bad song from you. It ended too quick!

    Yes. Blocs Wave is a great source for both vocals and inspiration for new ideas. I started this about two years ago before I ever heard of Riffler and Riffler Flow. When I overlayed a few bars it seemed to work so I just decided to finish it.

    I actually just posted something really awful on SoundCloud. I decided not to post it on ABF because it’s so horrendous. It’s called Demolition Crazy, and the title fits.

    I have never heard a bad track from you! Looking forward to your next. Thanks for listening.

  • @Paulieworld said:
    ...
    I actually just posted something really awful on SoundCloud. I decided not to post it on ABF because it’s so horrendous. It’s called Demolition Crazy, and the title fits.

    Without the vocals, I find that track actually quite cool!
    I can imagine you adding a nice floating, clean, long-release tones Strat guitar melody on top (on the more laid back parts of the song) to contrast with the power of distortion and heavy beats :)

  • @rs2000 Thanks. I think I was just curious to see how many plays it would get. People seem to like this high energy stuff. I’m working on something now that most would consider to be “metal”, but it’s got a lot of different parts and uses Riffler and Flow for both audio and MIDI. If nothing else, I think it’s musically interesting.

    Thanks for listening and enduring 4 minutes of nonsense.

  • it’s a great world you created here. I think Pot Roast and Potatoes would have been a better title, though.
    Music you can eat as in Breakfast of Champions. 😉🙏

  • edited February 12

    @LinearLineman said:
    it’s a great world you created here. I think Pot Roast and Potatoes would have been a better title, though.
    Music you can eat as in Breakfast of Champions. 😉🙏

    Thanks Mike. Credit to Olivia for coming up with Paulieworld. I think I might name my next project after one of my favorite treats. Stay tuned.

  • @Paulieworld said:
    “Busy busy busy” is what we Bokononists whisper whenever we think of how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle

    Love it almost as much as Ice 9!! (My old music project lol, inside joke to myself)

    Those guitars sound real man. Were you playing them or is it samples!

    awesome track

  • @Paulieworld said:
    “Busy busy busy” is what we Bokononists whisper whenever we think of how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle

    Cool track. Nicely schizophrenic :-)

  • @dreamcartel Thanks! The newest guitars are Riffler and Riffler Flow. I started this a long time ago and whatever I used, I froze as audio, so I'm not really sure. I layer a lot of stuff, so it's probably a combination of several synths and audio loops. I only use my iPad and an Apple Pencil. I promised my wife I wouldn't get back into buying external gear such as keys and guitars. It limits me in ways, but it's also fun. Ironic since I played keys and bass in bands for most of my life. Mom started me on accordian when I was 7, and I had been playing one thing or another up until 2004. That's when everything came to a halt. Long, sad story, better left for another day. In 2018 my wife told me about people making music on iPads, so I started doing that... and here I am! Ta da!

    Thanks for listening. Have a great day.

  • @klownshed said:

    @Paulieworld said:
    “Busy busy busy” is what we Bokononists whisper whenever we think of how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is.

    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle

    Cool track. Nicely schizophrenic :-)

    I like that description! Thanks for listening.

  • Hiya @Paulieworld ! Great to be back and listening to one of your highly original and expertly crafted musical compositions. As ever I have no idea how you did it, but that’s not really the point…love it

  • @BillS said:
    Hiya @Paulieworld ! Great to be back and listening to one of your highly original and expertly crafted musical compositions. As ever I have no idea how you did it, but that’s not really the point…love it

    Hi Bill! Great to hear from you. Hope you're having some nice weather in Spain. Our groundhog says 5 more weeks until spring. We're hoping for sooner. Glad you liked my little tune. Thanks for listening. Have a good one!

  • Yes… the ABF is a “karass”:

    karass (plural karasses)
    A network or group of people who are somehow affiliated or linked spiritually.

    You bet your karasses. we are. I still haven’t listened to the track yet… “I’ll be bok” - A. Schwarzenegger

  • edited February 13

    @McD said:
    Yes… the ABF is a “karass”:

    karass (plural karasses)
    A network or group of people who are somehow affiliated or linked spiritually.

    You bet your karasses. we are. I still haven’t listened to the track yet… “I’ll be bok” - A. Schwarzenegger

    Are we a Karass or a Granfalloon? Our devices are just Wampeters. Embrace the Foma.

  • @Paulieworld said:
    Are we a Karass or a Granfalloon? Our devices are just Wampeters. Embrace the Foma.

    Let’s vote:

    • karass (plural karasses) A network or group of people who are somehow affiliated or linked spiritually.
    • granfalloon is defined as a "false karass". That is, it is a group of people who affect a shared identity or purpose, but whose mutual association is meaningless.

    Should be an interesting split since we are definately a karass but everyone will decide for themselves if it’s meaningless. The answer probably depends on recent interactions here if there’s any meaning to this forum.

  • Great track, nicely mixed. The stereo panning around 3:30 was a great touch too.

  • @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great track, nicely mixed. The stereo panning around 3:30 was a great touch too.

    Hi Colin. Thank you for noticing that! I am flattered that someone is listening that closely. There is a little bit of jiggery pokery involved. There are actually several cymbal tracks, each with a different panning. I could have done it with automation, but that seems to slow the mixdown process a lot. The end result is the same, but I don't have to wait 5 minutes to hear it.

    I really appreciate your comments and always welcome your thoughts. Thanks for listening. Have a wonderful day!

    @McD I vote for karass.

  • @Paulieworld said:

    @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great track, nicely mixed. The stereo panning around 3:30 was a great touch too.

    Hi Colin. Thank you for noticing that! I am flattered that someone is listening that closely. There is a little bit of jiggery pokery involved. There are actually several cymbal tracks, each with a different panning. I could have done it with automation, but that seems to slow the mixdown process a lot. The end result is the same, but I don't have to wait 5 minutes to hear it.

    I really appreciate your comments and always welcome your thoughts. Thanks for listening. Have a wonderful day!

    @McD I vote for karass.

    And yet… it could still be a granfalloon… ask any ABF widow to vote and we’re all chastened.

    OK, I’m listening. The Didgeridoo bass at the start is so good. Is that a sample I could access somewhere… it’s very present.

    OK… I’m firing the tambourine player at 2:40. We need to ability to nudge tracks to fix glaring groove downers like that.

    Thanks for bring “Cat’s Cradle” and its prophetic message back to my internal dialog. Truly epic piece of fiction writing by a great thinker on how to live a good life. Definately much better philosophy than Scientology and the other modern religious inventions.

  • I did the original tracks a while ago, so I will have to look around to see it I can find it. I'm not very good at documenting things unless it involves my money. It would be easy to recreate it using just about any synth sound and Other Desert Cities. Just punch in some random MIDI notes and play with it until something clicks. I actually sort of liked that slightly off beat thing. It added some tension. Something is not quite right. A little WTF.

    Have you read Sirens Of Titan? That's another good one with some great expressions. You gotta love "chrono-synclastic infundibulum".

    Oh well, "Salesman of the Year" just walked in and spoiled the moment. Have a good one!

  • You are indeed a busy, busy, busy man. Keep them coming, especially when they are as good as this 🙏

Sign In or Register to comment.