Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Use MIDI Messenger App to "catch" all messages coming in from my MIDI Controller

Hi,
I use a Morningstar MC6 Pro to send messages to Loopy to do things like trigger buttons, and switches....
I am wondering... is there a way to use my MIDI monitor app to "catch" or also "catch" MIDI message for like trouble shooting? It can not be "put" up in the UI, because it's a app /plugin not a widget.

Thanks
AJ

Comments

• @Vmusic said:
    Hi,
    I use a Morningstar MC6 Pro to send messages to Loopy to do things like trigger buttons, and switches....
    I am wondering... is there a way to use my MIDI monitor app to "catch" or also "catch" MIDI message for like trouble shooting? It can not be "put" up in the UI, because it's a app /plugin not a widget.

Thanks
    AJ

I am unclear what you mean. There are midi monitor AUv3 you could use to see the midi: ShowMIDI, streambyter, mfxmonitor.

There is a section about using midi monitors on the Loopy Pro troubleshooting page of the Audiobus Forum wiki.

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=loopy_pro_troubleshooting&s[]=loopy&s[]=troubleshooting

• @Vmusic said:
    Hi,

Thanks
    AJ

I believe this is a hardware MIDI controller, connected by USB. You should be able to see it as a MIDI input in Loopy Pro, and route it to a MIDI monitor, as already suggested. Or you could load a stand-alone MIDI monitor, like MIDI Wrench, and it will log all events passing through Core MIDI. This is less convenient, and unlikely to yield any more info.