Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A tribute to BANDIT112

edited January 25 in Creations

The other day, I felt a bit nostalgic and listened to some of the music of one of the band I was playing in, almost 20 years ago. Then I realised that none of those recordings were available online. They are now.
Nothing iOS related here as we were only recording live during studio sessions but I thought some of you might be interested in listening.
So here it is: a tribute to BANDIT112.
When we started this short lived band, we decided not to rely on any effect like reverb or delay or modulations, and only focus on band dynamic, so it's pretty raw. I also chose to upload the original masters.

NO PEAVEY AMPS WERE HARMED DURING THE RECORDINGS !!!

https://bandit112.bandcamp.com/album/animals-first

Comments

  • Some good stuff there dude, 'Taste The Snow' put a smile on my face as I really like slow intros with exploding, erupting things following. Do you have stems to play around with? (not for me, just curious)

  • Dude what? This is freakin excellent 🤩🙏 hits hard, sounds great, super energetic, awesome album cover and track to track flow. Awesome stuff my friend 🤙🏼

  • edited January 26

    They call it the poor man's Marshall I think but I love my Bandit112 regardless. Still gets a lot of use here.

    That's some seriously good music. I love it.

  • The band sounds incredibly tight and the performances are flawless. The recording and production quality also sound great, especially for live recordings.

  • Just listened all the way through, I loved the dynamics in Hypocrite Song, and the change of pace in Waltz Normande and Taste The Snow.

  • @Pxlhg said:
    Some good stuff there dude, 'Taste The Snow' put a smile on my face as I really like slow intros with exploding, erupting things following. Do you have stems to play around with? (not for me, just curious)

    Thank you for listening. Glad you listened until the last track. I also really love the explosion on "Taste the Snow".
    Unfortunately I don't have the audio stems. These are still in the studio where we recorded. Could be nice to have them!
    I also uploaded our first EP1 decided a year before on bandcamp but this album is fast more intense!

  • @HotStrange said:
    Dude what? This is freakin excellent 🤩🙏 hits hard, sounds great, super energetic, awesome album cover and track to track flow. Awesome stuff my friend 🤙🏼

    Glad you're digging it. Yeah I love this artwork. Would look great on a T-Shirt !

  • An amazing sounding and very well produced album! And I love the album cover artwork. @JanKun

    @Ailerom said:
    They call it the poor man's Marshall I think but I love my Bandit112 regardless. Still gets a lot of use here.

    I haven’t used mine in years, but I also still have a Peavy Bandit 112 (Red Stripe) which has always been a great, reliable little amp. And LOUD AF! The clean channel is great as a pedal platform.

  • @Edward_Alexander said:
    An amazing sounding and very well produced album! And I love the album cover artwork. @JanKun

    @Ailerom said:
    They call it the poor man's Marshall I think but I love my Bandit112 regardless. Still gets a lot of use here.

    I haven’t used mine in years, but I also still have a Peavy Bandit 112 (Red Stripe) which has always been a great, reliable little amp. And LOUD AF! The clean channel is great as a pedal platform.

    I know. It really is an amazing amp. Like you said, LOUD AF. But the clincher is obviously the sound. The clean is amazing to me. And the dirty channel is pretty heavy if you want it. I'll never sell it. In fact it encouraged me to buy more, like the amazing for it's size Rage 158.

  • Pure explosive along with the cover artwork! 🤩

  • edited January 27

    This is grrrreat!. Excellent songs, performing, production. As it’s inevitable to compare, it reminds me of Fugazi, Cursive, Quicksand, Soulwax…
    Oh, and the artwork. It’s crazy good!.
    I’m proud and honored to have collaborated with you, @JanKun. You really are a superb musician. And another example of how unfair life is sometimes, you definitely should be living a successful musical career, with all the touring and fanfare. But selfishly, we’re very lucky to have you hear instead. Respect 🙌

  • @Ailerom said:
    They call it the poor man's Marshall I think but I love my Bandit112 regardless. Still gets a lot of use here.

    That's some seriously good music. I love it.

    Thank you for listening.
    Yeah the poor man's Marshall! I never understood this name. I never owned any, but I remember playing one owned by a friend. Such a great versatile amp for a beginner !

  • edited January 27

    @richardyot said:
    Just listened all the way through, I loved the dynamics in Hypocrite Song, and the change of pace in Waltz Normande and Taste The Snow.

    Thank you for listening Richard.
    There was no space for improvisation as everything had to be square and neat to keep the dynamic we had in mind. The band was very tight simply because we were rehearsing a lot. In average 2 times a week, 4 hours per session usually in real live conditions with wedges monitors for vocals. It is exactly like you with songwriting. Consistency pays off at the end. All you have to do is having a clear goal and being patient and diligent.
    For Hypocrite Song we tried to create a guitar soundscape à la Sonic Youth on the verses and then mix it with a Fugazi style on the other parts. I think you're also a fan of Sonic Youth, that could explain why it caught your attention. I remember breaking my voice shouting in a nice vintage Neumann U87 (!!!) on this one. you can hear the result around 2:22 😄.
    I had a hard time with the lyrics on that song because my English was a lot worse than today, but I was very proud of those lines on the last verse: "All I can see, A city is all made of bleeding stones and mineral men". Probably hard to understand for a native speaker, but what I meant is that sometimes a city seems more alive than its inhabitants. 🤔

  • edited January 28

    @Edward_Alexander said:
    An amazing sounding and very well produced album! And I love the album cover artwork. @JanKun

    @Ailerom said:
    They call it the poor man's Marshall I think but I love my Bandit112 regardless. Still gets a lot of use here.

    I haven’t used mine in years, but I also still have a Peavy Bandit 112 (Red Stripe) which has always been a great, reliable little amp. And LOUD AF! The clean channel is great as a pedal platform.

    Thank you for listening. Glad you enjoyed Alexander! Any peace of gear has something great to offer. Have you seen the incredible price jump of the Peavey Decade 10 after Josh Homme revealed it was used to get some of his legendary sounds on "Songs for the Deaf"?

  • @JanKun said:

    @Ailerom said:
    They call it the poor man's Marshall I think but I love my Bandit112 regardless. Still gets a lot of use here.

    That's some seriously good music. I love it.

    Thank you for listening.
    Yeah the poor man's Marshall! I never understood this name. I never owned any, but I remember playing one owned by a friend. Such a great versatile amp for a beginner !

    or the Mississippi Marshall
    Peavey originated in Meridian,Miss.

    Your music is fantastic. I’m only halfway through. It is so good that I am doling it out so that I can savor it like candy or drugs.
    Seriously, you are a fierce talent.

  • @JeffChasteen said:
    or the Mississippi Marshall
    Peavey originated in Meridian,Miss.

    I like that. Might use it over poor man's Marshall.

  • @Luxthor said:
    Pure explosive along with the cover artwork! 🤩

    Did it blow your mind 😉?

  • @JanKun said:

    @Luxthor said:
    Pure explosive along with the cover artwork! 🤩

    Did it blow your mind 😉?

    Only chair was left, haha! 😂

  • edited January 30

    @tahiche said:
    This is grrrreat!. Excellent songs, performing, production. As it’s inevitable to compare, it reminds me of Fugazi, Cursive, Quicksand, Soulwax…
    Oh, and the artwork. It’s crazy good!.
    I’m proud and honored to have collaborated with you, @JanKun. You really are a superb musician. And another example of how unfair life is sometimes, you definitely should be living a successful musical career, with all the touring and fanfare. But selfishly, we’re very lucky to have you hear instead. Respect 🙌

    Wow that's too much praise, Tahiche but thank you !

    I would probably be dead if I stayed on the same track I was on that time ! I am glad to be where I am now !
    I Recognised the references you mentioned, the major for this band were Fugazi, Sonic Youth and 31Knots, this amazing band from Portland, have you heard of them?We had the chance to open for them once, it was a magical evening!
    Glad we collaborated too. Can't wait for us to release the track. Hoping the video is coming smoothly !

  • @JeffChasteen said:

    @JanKun said:

    @Ailerom said:
    They call it the poor man's Marshall I think but I love my Bandit112 regardless. Still gets a lot of use here.

    That's some seriously good music. I love it.

    Thank you for listening.
    Yeah the poor man's Marshall! I never understood this name. I never owned any, but I remember playing one owned by a friend. Such a great versatile amp for a beginner !

    or the Mississippi Marshall
    Peavey originated in Meridian,Miss.

    Your music is fantastic. I’m only halfway through. It is so good that I am doling it out so that I can savor it like candy or drugs.
    Seriously, you are a fierce talent.

    I just noticed your comment! Sorry for the late reply! I am really glad you enjoyed it. You're one of my all time hero on this forum. Do you have any music cooking at the moment ? It's been a long time since you shared something here, and I loved everything I heard. And if you're up to Collab, please consider putting me on your list 😉

  • I’m not familiar with Fugazi, Sonic Youth or 31Knots… First track I immediately thought of King Crimson and some of the tracks reminded me of early Yes. I think it’s the Chris Squire sounding Bass + guitars.
    Irrespective of all of this it’s a great piece of work. Thoroughly enjoyed it 🙏

  • Great sound, every musician, the bass player stands out to me. This is what my band (30 years previously) wished we sounded like.

  • @GeoTony said:
    I’m not familiar with Fugazi, Sonic Youth or 31Knots… First track I immediately thought of King Crimson and some of the tracks reminded me of early Yes. I think it’s the Chris Squire sounding Bass + guitars.
    Irrespective of all of this it’s a great piece of work. Thoroughly enjoyed it 🙏

    Thank you for listening, Tony. Which period of King Crimson are your referring to? The most recent iteration including Andrew Below?

  • @Stochastically said:
    Great sound, every musician, the bass player stands out to me. This is what my band (30 years previously) wished we sounded like.

    Thank you for the kind words. One ingredient for the bass sound was a Sovtek guitar amp head through an old Gibson cabinet. The other ingredient was a neurotic right hand armed with a pick 😉

  • I think in my mind the repeated guitar riff took me back to larks’ tongues … and the vocals reminded of Greg Lakes more shouty parts on Court on the Crimson King.

  • An electric jolt for my bored mind. Filled me with nostalgia about good old days when I was slamming on math rock gigs.

  • @Jack_Wabba said:
    An electric jolt for my bored mind. Filled me with nostalgia about good old days when I was slamming on math rock gigs.

    Don Caballero and Faraquet 4ever 🤘

  • Great track. I love the art too
    You’re a guitarist primarily ?

  • @dreamcartel said:
    Great track. I love the art too
    You’re a guitarist primarily ?

    Yep! Guitar is my main instrument. Still in love with it after almost 35 years. I guess you are a guitarist too.
    Read in another thread you're planning to leave. But if you're planning to come back why not just keep your profile and just change it to your new project/artist name ?

Sign In or Register to comment.