Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Running Garage Band Samples in Loopy Pro

Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

Comments

  • @jred said:
    Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

    Can you say more about what you mean? You can use Loopy Pro as an audio unit in GarageBand to sample from GarageBand into Loopy. You can then open that project in Loopy standalone.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @jred said:
    Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

    Can you say more about what you mean? You can use Loopy Pro as an audio unit in GarageBand to sample from GarageBand into Loopy. You can then open that project in Loopy standalone.

    …or he means if he can use Apple Loops from Garageband into Loopy Pro immediately…

    I say yes if he duplicate the Apple Loop files, and then rename the duplicated files from x.caf to x.wav…

  • @HolyMoses said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @jred said:
    Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

    Can you say more about what you mean? You can use Loopy Pro as an audio unit in GarageBand to sample from GarageBand into Loopy. You can then open that project in Loopy standalone.

    …or he means if he can use Apple Loops from Garageband into Loopy Pro immediately…

    I say yes if he duplicate the Apple Loop files, and then rename the duplicated files from x.caf to x.wav…

    If they are caf files, do not change the name to wav. caf and wav are different file formats. Some apps will have trouble with files if you give them the wrong file extension.

    Loopy can import .caf files, by the way.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @HolyMoses said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @jred said:
    Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

    Can you say more about what you mean? You can use Loopy Pro as an audio unit in GarageBand to sample from GarageBand into Loopy. You can then open that project in Loopy standalone.

    …or he means if he can use Apple Loops from Garageband into Loopy Pro immediately…

    I say yes if he duplicate the Apple Loop files, and then rename the duplicated files from x.caf to x.wav…

    If they are caf files, do not change the name to wav. caf and wav are different file formats. Some apps will have trouble with files if you give them the wrong file extension.

    Loopy can import .caf files, by the way.

    Yeah, I really knew that (thanks anyway) - but I use all my collections of great Apple Loops in Korg Gadgets this way - duplicate them and rename them, and then Korg Sydney happily use them…

  • @HolyMoses said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @HolyMoses said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @jred said:
    Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

    Can you say more about what you mean? You can use Loopy Pro as an audio unit in GarageBand to sample from GarageBand into Loopy. You can then open that project in Loopy standalone.

    …or he means if he can use Apple Loops from Garageband into Loopy Pro immediately…

    I say yes if he duplicate the Apple Loop files, and then rename the duplicated files from x.caf to x.wav…

    If they are caf files, do not change the name to wav. caf and wav are different file formats. Some apps will have trouble with files if you give them the wrong file extension.

    Loopy can import .caf files, by the way.

    Yeah, I really knew that (thanks anyway) - but I use all my collections of great Apple Loops in Korg Gadgets this way - duplicate them and rename them, and then Korg Sydney happily use them…

    No need to do to do that for Loopy

  • I am really just looking for a way to use the Garage Band virtual instruments in Loopy.

  • wimwim
    edited January 17

    @jred said:
    I am really just looking for a way to use the Garage Band virtual instruments in Loopy.

    Oh, that's a different story. @espiegel123 gave you the most direct answer - using Loopy as an Audio Unit FX plugin in GarageBand, saving the project, then opening it in standalone if you like.

    There is another way but it isn't as tidy. There is a plugin called "Loopback" in the KQ Voice Plugins suite. You can place a Loopback In instance as an FX on a GarageBand track, then add a corresponding Loopback Out plugin as an Audio Unit Input in Loopy pro. That will bring the track audio into Loopy.

    It's not 100% great as there is a little latency, and you still have the problem of controlling GarageBand while triggering loops.

    It sounds as though you'd like to use GarageBand itself or its instruments directly in Loopy. Because of GarageBand limitations, that's not possible.

  • @jred said:
    I am really just looking for a way to use the Garage Band virtual instruments in Loopy.

    You would have to run loopy as an AU effect in GarageBand and capture the audio there as GarageBand won’t send its audio to other apps.

    Another possibility would be to use the Loopback plugin that comes with KQ Voice Plug-ins . You put it in an effects bus in GarageBand and load it as in instrument in Loopy.

    Probably, using Loopy as an AU in GarageBand is easiest.

  • @jred said:
    I am really just looking for a way to use the Garage Band virtual instruments in Loopy.

    The samples and the virtual instruments are different.

    If you’re just using Apple Loops you can find workarounds…But yeah, GarageBand doesn’t let You run a ‘virtual output’ , so unless you have a workaround like the others discussed, the only other way to use the GarageBand virtual instruments in something like loopy would be to use a physical audio interface and run them on separate devices, like two iPads or your phone and an iPad, and physically plug the device that’s running GarageBand into the audio interface with your other device that’s recording loops, etc. or I guess you could record / export tracks from GarageBand and then load them into loopy… I’ve done that a few years with some projects but it takes me out of the “creative flow”

  • Here is the workaround I use to import Apple Loops in Loopy Pro. If you have access to a Mac, go in the in the /library/audio folder, then copy all Apple Loops to your iPad.
    Then you can use any of the Apple Loops with Loopy pro. Hope it’ll help

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @jred said:
    Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

    Can you say more about what you mean? You can use Loopy Pro as an audio unit in GarageBand to sample from GarageBand into Loopy. You can then open that project in Loopy standalone.

    I want to try that -- looks like a great way to grab some interesting loops.

  • @tubespace said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @jred said:
    Is there a way to run Garage Band samples in Loopy Pro?

    Can you say more about what you mean? You can use Loopy Pro as an audio unit in GarageBand to sample from GarageBand into Loopy. You can then open that project in Loopy standalone.

    I want to try that -- looks like a great way to grab some interesting loops.

    It is also a handy way to get some samples of the GB drummers.

  • Thanks for all the help! you have saved me tons of time!

Sign In or Register to comment.