Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog not working

edited September 2014 in Support and Feedback

hi I updated to ISO 8, and animoog don't open now, is this audiobus or something else, just posting has peeps say wait they sort it... How long does it normally take I got things to compose on my iPad Air.

Comments

• While waiting Animoog for iphone works fine on ipad ios8

• The Moog website says the fixes are done and they are testing before submitting to Apple.Should be within a week or so.Hang in there!

• iPhone version was updated last week (same day the guy from Moog said they were still testing the updates) It doesn't specifically say anything in the AppStore description about iOS 8, but it definitely works perfectly well in ios8 both with AB and standalone.

• BTW, app review turnaround at Apple is currently running at 10 days average, I believe

• Animoog for iphone on the iTunes description (UK) says ios8 not'officially' supported but it seems to work. Perhaps covering themselves.

• Sometimes Animoog refuses to update for me from iTunes sync; after a failed attempt it just stays greyed out and 'Waiting…', and cannot be deleted either. By signing into App Store directly on the iDevice and going to Updates, Animoog shows up there, and clicking update fixes things.

• I've been testing the next version of Animoog (2.2.3) and it is far more stable than 2.2.2. It's still not what it was before the iOS 8 mess, but it's getting better. Much better.

• AdamMatza1967, thanks for the Animoog update!Do you know if Midi Out is fixed? I really miss layering Animoog with Sunrizer etc. I'm still on IPad Air 7.12 until things get more stable.Thanks and sorry to hear about your ios8 problems.Oh and if it's more stable on IOS 8 is it less stable on 7? Thanks again

• Animoog still crashed on my Air2 iOS8...
    can open it but if i change the sound and hit the first note its immediately crashed....

• Prompted by this thread I dug up animoog and starting with the default patch I tried to modify the wavetable by simply selecting from the row on the right. Well, nothing happens. Checked help in the top right corner but it didn't help. Anyone experiencing this? Is this a new 'feature'? I'm on 7.1.2 iPad Air

• @supadom said:

Anyone experiencing this? Is this a new 'feature'?

Yeah, they changed it for some reason. See this: http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/6735/animoog-why-cant-i-change-timbres/p1

• If you can, how does one install old working apps with ifunbox. I have no idea which files to backup to be able to go back and install working apps. Thanks in advance.

@supadom said:

• When you back up your device (when you chose the option to back up apps as well as other data) your computer will save it in: user -> music -> iTunes -> iTunes media -> mobile applications (this is osx, not sure about windows). To install you start ifunbox, wait until your device is found by the program, then click on instal app from the top bar. Then you point it to the above destination folder and the rest should happen automatically.

I'm not completely sure here but I think then your device will load your user stuff from your icloud back up if it is enabled in the icloud settings.

Hope this makes sense.

• Ah, ok. Thanks @telecharge. I tried it but find it super awkward in use. I'm going to roll it back unless the newest version has some amazing stuff.

• R_2R_2
    edited January 2015

Do other people's IAP timbres have the 'com.moogmusic.animoog...' stuff before the actual timbre name? See my attached pic.
    Reinstalling the app doesn't fix it.

I'm also disappointed the B.A.S.E doesn't restore anymore...

• @supadom said:

When you back up your device (when you chose the option to back up apps as well as other data) your computer will save it in: user -> music -> iTunes -> iTunes media -> mobile applications (this is osx, not sure about windows). To install you start ifunbox, wait until your device is found by the program, then click on instal app from the top bar. Then you point it to the above destination folder and the rest should happen automatically.

I'm not completely sure here but I think then your device will load your user stuff from your icloud back up if it is enabled in the icloud settings.

Hope this makes sense.

Just to confirm (as although I've got both an iTunes and an iFunbox backup of my .ipa files I've never used them to roll back) does this method let you just roll back a single app rather than re-syncing the whole backup folder?

• @R_2 said:

Do other people's IAP timbres have the 'com.moogmusic.animoog...' stuff ...

now that is annoying :-/ I heard it mentioned somewhere else, but had not seen a screenshot.

one more reason I'm glad I'm on 2.1.1

• Yes @xen, you can install old apps one by one. I actually ripped entire folders of my favourite apps using ifunbox so every time I reinstall using the above method I copy and replace all of the contents of apps folder and I always end up with the app being exactly as before with all my settings etc. Using icloud backup has the advantage of more frequent backups but I have issues trusting it completely with important stuff.

• @supadom - thanks, that's good to know.

• Thanks man!
    That's what I'll do from now on. I think backing up the whole folder sounds like the plan. Also, with icloud you can choose what to load up back in the iPad.
    I guess I should have created folders named based on the OS they were working on. Will do from now on. :)

• See what works for you. I have 7 apps that I can't afford to lose and these are: loopy, samplr, sunrizer, turnado, magellan, impaktor and audiobus. So they are the apps that I back up this way. Everything else, no worries. I wouldn't do this with too many apps as if you did it once a month or two it could get tedious. Small numbers, definitely doable.

• Hmmm, I'll have to do this as I'm afraid to lose my version of anytune. It's extremely useful for me in it's YouTube enabled version.