Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Mariana & Relic Waves: Heart Like A Hand Grenade

edited December 2023 in Creations

“My heart is like a hand grenade, honey, I’m primed to explode…static in the rhythms, chaos in the rhyme, I’m the grit in the pearl of the paradigm.” - The Mad Bomber.

Been away, making up for lost time now…

So: Mariana is good, isn’t it? And Relic Waves is totally in my wheel house. Fractal Beats was already my go-to for, er, beats, but Relic Waves is great for glitchy held down extended bursts of interesting noise and texture. I suspect my biggest risk will be in using it too much… I played the little bass riff live into Atom via KB1, then improvised live with Relic Waves over the top into a File Player loop. BLEASS Sidekick kicking, Lunar Lander, Speakers and Alteza for FX. Live mixed a little into AudioShare after. Very simple and quick. This one can’t be called dark ambient, so maybe… ‘industrial dub’ ?

As ever, I trust you will enjoy, or at least tell me why you didn’t, pop pickers… :)

Comments

• I like this a lot listening to it on my phone speakers, but I have definitely got to play this on some bigger speakers.

That’s some great use of Relic Waves. I wasn’t sure whether I would get it, but think I definitely will now.

• edited December 2023

You don’t make music I would typically listen to but there’s no doubt you’re one of the most talented creators on this forum. Nice track as usual.

• For some reason I had spatialize stereo turned on, which usually doesn’t do any good to music recorded in stereo, but here : holy F! It sounds insanely good.

• Was wondering when I’d get the hear your take on Relic Waves :)

This is one of my favorites of yours I would say. I love tracks with a kick that just chugs along like that. Great stuff 👍🏻

• Loving this one a lot. Some half spoken half sung lyrics on top would be killer !

• @JanKun said:
    Loving this one a lot. Some half spoken half sung lyrics on top would be killer !

Also really enjoyed this, had a listen yesterday and forgot to comment, but I had the same thought - it is crying out for some vocals, in a way that Svetlovska tracks rarely do.

• This is so fun!!!!

• edited December 2023

Hi all, and thanks for your comments and valuable feedback. Don’t say I never listen to constructive advice @JanKun & @Gavinski! :) At your special request, here’s a version with a vocal added (starts half way through.) :)

The vocal is AI, of course, Elevenlabs’ free ‘Charlotte’ that I repitched chopped and messed with a little to aid the phrasing. It is really good, with a natural humanness of articulation, but for some reason I had to spell out the words ‘rough’ and ‘machine’ - and just those - phonetically to get her/it to pronounce them correctly. Judging from that, probably best we don’t give the AIs the nuclear launch codes just yet. They are still a teensy bit unpredictable.

• Great experimental work!

• I like it. Stuff is happening! I enjoy the theatricality, the mystery and menace.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Hi all, and thanks for your comments and valuable feedback. Don’t say I never listen to constructive advice @JanKun & @Gavinski! :) At your special request, here’s a version with a vocal added (starts half way through.) :)

The vocal is AI, of course, Elevenlabs’ free ‘Charlotte’ that I repitched chopped and messed with a little to aid the phrasing. It is really good, with a natural humanness of articulation, but for some reason I had to spell out the words ‘rough’ and ‘machine’ - and just those - phonetically to get her/it to pronounce them correctly. Judging from that, probably best we don’t give the AIs the nuclear launch codes just yet. They are still a teensy bit unpredictable.

Nice! That voice is good, wow.

• @Gavinski said:

@Svetlovska said:

Nice! That voice is good, wow.

Sounds great!

• Impressive and unusual… as usual… now your even playing keyboards 🎹
    Nice find on the free voice front !