Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 2: I just bought it. Any advises?

edited September 2014 in General App Discussion

I bought it for the chop featuresl to try and use it as a drum machine to work with my Akai mpk mini .mk2.

Any advise?

Comments

• By the way. Where's the function to mute a pad when playing another?

Thanks

• In the drum sampler's trigger menu, assign 2 pads to the same X group. This will cut the sound from one pad when another in the same group is triggered.

My first step would be to move folders containing my favorite drum and instrument samples into BM2 via iFunbox (Dropbox would also work but not as quick and easy). Step 2 would be to create and save drum kits and keyboard instruments from those samples. After that it's just a matter of learning the program and hopefully having fun :)

• Take it slow ;)

• Thank you very much!

The pads aren't responding perfectly. Has that got to do with ios8?

• Why do you say that, @Supadom?

• I know you're a big fan, by the way. :)

• @supadom said:

Take it slow ;)

Was going to advise the same. Patience.

• edited September 2014

+1 for patience, it's very deep, rich software. The Manual might not be your learning style, try YouTube too...there's tons of stuff, I've learned plenty there

• Damn. Now I got it!

I've worked with just a few apps but man! I'm biting myself already! I know it will sink in and I'll love this app but it's being really hard to start.

I'm going back in there and just fry my brain just trying to record a bar.

By the way... Thank you guys for helping.

• You can get really decent mixes out of this by recording mix automation of vol, pan, fx parameters of each track. Chop lab is great. Use a blank keyboard instrument to control other apps and record the midi in to BM2. There is so much this app can do that Cubasis and Auria cannot yet. It takes some time to learn but once you get aclimated is pretty easy to use.

• Thank you @RedSkyLullaby!

I'm sure I'll find it a wonderful app. It's getting better already. I hope I find easy to accomplish my objective of using it as a drum machine. I want to be able to import some recordings, including wild perc from Loopy HD and build my drums on my Mpk mini mk2 for export to Auria. A good midi integration was necessary and there's no app that does this best. Rec>chop>play(externally)>rec.

I'm happy!