Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus not playing nicely on iPad 3 7.1.2 with SDK 2.1 apps

Hmmmmm... Audiobus isn't playing nicely on my iPad 3 (7.1.2) either right now. Rebooted iPad 3. Launched Audiobus. Launched (latest) Nave in input slot, (latest) Cubasis in ouput slot. Both show up as still sleeping. Zzzzz

I removed and reinstalled Audiobus - restored purchase too. Started Animoog (not yet AB 2.1 SDK ready) in the input slot, and it shows up - i.e. not sleeping. BUT no AB tab to switch back to it. Went via home button. Started Cubasis in output slot. Starts, but shows sleeping.

I went back to another iPad 3 - also 7.1.2 - where I have the older Nave, but current Audiobus. Sadly no Cubasis on that iPad so I can't tell on that without installing the latest Cubasis. Anyhow. Started AB, then started (the older) Nave. Shows up just fine in the AB input slot. Not snoozing. So, something is up with iPad 3 + AB + the SDK 2.1 transition for at least some SDK 2.1 ready apps on 7.1.2

Anyone else able to confirm the above kind of behavior with an iPad 3 / 7.1.2 ?

Comments

• But, you have install iOS 8 and comeback to 7.1.2???

• No - not at all @Sinapsya - not going near iOS 8 on any iPad / iPhone until at least 8.0.1 (if then) and all the apps I use and rely on for day-to-day music making have been updated. No intention of touching iOS 8.0 ever.

• My 4 iOS 7.1.2 works good (all apps updated)

• Right @Sinapsya - works fine on an iPad mini original / 7.1.2 and an iPad mini Retina / 7.1.2 but not an iPad 3 / 7.1.2

Seems to be an iPad 3 specific issue here. Not good - I have two of those on which I still rely. :-/

• edited September 2014

I just tried on my ipad 3 (ios 7.1.2) nave into cubasis via audiobus. Didn't experience the sleeping problem.

• edited September 2014

Derek, I tried this with an iPad 2, iOS 7.12, and the newest Nave and Cubasis. Did not get the zzzz behavior, but had strangeness with the AB control panels in both apps. At first they showed blank icons, then the proper little pictures appeared, but THEN the control panels dissapeared completely and would not return.

EDIT- a reboot seemed to fix it. Seems to work correctly now. Except for the fancy animation in Nave, which is broken but I can live with that.

• So, still seems to be iPad 3 specific @Zymos - at least that's eliminated another model. Thanks. (I guessed the iPad 2 would work because the iPad mini original does).

• Errrrrrr why respond to zymos' comment re ipad2 but not acknowledge mine re it working on ipad 3?

• Didn't see it @BiancaNeve - reading back....

OK. So, You have the latest Nave and the latest Cubasis that updated today?

• Yup and the latest version of Audiobus

• Hmmmm. So, what steps do you suggest @BiancaNeve ? Open to ideas here... :-)

• @MusicInclusive use IAA before they fix it :-)

• You know I can't @Sinapsya ;-)

• Aha!

Taking what someone else said and doing it reverse seems to have "fixed" things. Someone had their cellular data off. They turned it on - it worked.

I am wifi only on this device however.

But - I turned Airplane mode ON and it worked.

So, something goofy going on there...

I turned airplane mode back OFF and it's still working.

So, something very goofy going on there! :-)

• Hmmm. I'm of a mind this might be apps playing catchup with the AB registry or something like that and the above is just coincidence. Just updated Nave on another identically setup iPad 3 - and - it showed up in AB without me changing a thing.

• Just give it a few days. Lots of developers updating stuff right now. Some little glitches in iOS still... But please keep an eye on it.

• Weird stuff indeed , glad it's working for you now :):

• Various updated apps (including Cubasis) working ok (so far) on iPad 2 with iOS 7.1.1 and AB1.