Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JamUp Pro 2.3 Teaser

https://www.facebook.com/positivegrid

Wow, looks like Positive Grid is adding a cool multitrack recorder to JamUp Pro really soon! They've been teasing some 3D renditions on their Facebook page and I definitely like what they're showing! Now that this fantastic update is coming down the road, I won't even consider purchasing Amplitube's 8 track recorder. It just makes more sense, as I've already purchased most of JamUp Pro's amp & fx bundles (the same goes for AmpKit)...but nothing yet from IK Multimedia. Having owned many reel-to-reel tape recorders throughout the years, I have been sorely tempted by the nicely rendered interface of Amplitube's 8 track recorder...but now, I can go ahead and spend my meager app allowance money on something else that will probably prove more useful. Hooray!!!

Comments

• ...but now, I can go ahead and spend my meager app allowance money on something else that will probably prove more useful. Hooray!!!

Haha, "app allowance." That's a term I really should get familiar with. ;-)

• In trying to be a responsible consumer (and not get too carried away, as in months past), I had allotted 20.00 to purchase AmpliTube's Fender bundle & the 8-track Recorder (both were on sale). By the time I tried to seal the deal, I missed out on the Recorder because of how IK Multimedia calculates their US time zones (anyone to the west of the eastern seaboard is basically screwed if you try to buy something within the last 3 hours of the cutoff date)! I have used several of their desktop software products but have yet to bite on any of their iOS offerings. My initial disappointment was quickly alleviated by Positive Grid's upcoming news...and now I can spend my 20.00 on elephantcandy's just released Level.24 and a couple of other goodies!

• Might still have to spend some of it on Jamup. Maybe the multitrack is an IAP? I haven't seen any info to suggest it will be, but just wanting to save you that 'wtf moment' when you realise your allowance has gone and you still have no recorder. Kinda humorous to picture that though, in a completely non-spiteful way. :))

• edited March 2013

Even if the new Recorder is an IAP, that's ok...as I've already established JamUp Pro as my main guitar app...and have purchased most of their bundles, which are reasonably priced. I also appreciate their customer support, which has always been prompt and extremely courteous (the same goes for Sonoma Wire Works, another company I've dealt with in the past). I've also invested in AmpKit+ and several of their bundles because I like their stereo fx and just having some different choices. Another app that I really like is Mobile POD by Line 6...even though I'll never buy their required interface (I'm using Behringer's Guitar Link USB), the app is like an exhaustive encyclopedia of guitar tones that can serve as an excellent reference for creating presets in the other apps I use (one can explore the presets using 4 different guitar riffs). I've used this technique in the past with all my Boss & Roland guitar processors and multitracks because they shared some common fx algorithms, or could be adapted fairly easily. Just one more thing to do while watching some mindless reality show on evening TV!

• Yep. I love Jamup and have most of the gear too. For me, it has the best tones and UI layout.

It just sounded like you were about to blow your allowance elsewhere and I thought a suggestion of putting on the brakes might be a good idea. :)

Will check out MobilePod.

• My app allowance happens to be an arbitrary line in the sand which can be crossed or erased at any time, as the need arises! Basically, it's just there so I can attempt to be more thoughtful and analytical about my purchases, to at least demonstrate that I can exercise some modicum of restraint! In reality...it's a hopeless cause.

• Haha, yeah, sand gets blown away easily.

Has there been any other details about the recorder besides the teaser pic?

• Nothing, except that they're also working on an Acoustic Pack, as well as creating new pedals! Can't wait!!!

• I thought a more sophisticated recorder is redundant in Jamup, because of AB. But I changed my mind now. Unless there will be some improvement that could reduce the latency.

• edited March 2013

jamup is awsome