Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Cue Mix Monitoring Routing Setup Help
I've been trying to come up with a way to create a "Cue Mix" monitoring/routing setup with Loopy Pro - where I can solo an instrument (or subgroup of instruments) to just my headphones, while ducking the main mix - without effecting the master mix at all. Some might call this PFL on a mixing console.
Now - I'm aware of roadmap features that could help achieve this (sending subgroups into subgroups for ex) but as far as with the recent release of LP - here's what I've come up with (still need to test):
- Set Headphones to Monitor on (3/4)
- Duplicate the main mix to a sub output (5/6)
- Hardware patch Output (5/6) back into interface and monitor on Headphones (3/4)
- Create new "Cue-Mix" color that only routes to (3/4) post fader so you can attenuate it and send any instruments/subgroups there (turning on monitoring through that color)
- Create an action that un mutes that color, and lowers the volume of the master mix by X dBs
Any thoughts on a better way to achieve this?