Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How many forum visitors have been here since 2013?

13»

Comments

  • I’ve been a lurker since the beginning.

    Made an account and joined the band in May 2015, when I finally had a question to ask about AudioBus.

    One of these days we should start scheduling meets for our select areas, and have everyone show up with their iPads for a big jam session. We could have it catered. @LinearLineman said he’d be happy to have us all at his place.

    j/k Mike 😂

  • @Edward_Alexander said:
    I’ve been a lurker since the beginning.

    Made an account and joined the band in May 2015, when I finally had a question to ask about AudioBus.

    One of these days we should start scheduling meets for our select areas, and have everyone show up with their iPads for a big jam session. We could have it catered. @LinearLineman said he’d be happy to have us all at his place.

    j/k Mike 😂

    Hahaha let’s do it 😂

    Also I think I was the same way. Lurked for multiple years until I finally need to ask something and then made my account/first post.

  • @tja said:

    @HotStrange said:
    I wonder, what was the first big music and big synth app and who was the developer? I know a lot of the early ones but now I’m curious what came first. NLog?

    I thought, BeatMaker

    Oh wow was it? I didn’t realize the first Beatmaker was that long ago.

  • @Edward_Alexander said:
    I’ve been a lurker since the beginning.

    That was pretty much me, and I generally came here just to check compatible apps or read the manual.

    The forum came much later as I was very focused on desktop as I didn’t own an iPad and there wasn’t much that would run on my phone.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’m fairly certain I joined in December of 2012 right when the forum first started.

  • @yowza said:
    I’m fairly certain I joined in December of 2012 right when the forum first started.

    YOWZA! -- lol

  • Is this an on the spot critical thinking question like how many windows are in New York City? Lol.

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    Is this an on the spot critical thinking question like how many windows are in New York City? Lol.

    Yes

  • I really thought I over-visited this forum but

    Joined
    July 2019
    Visits
    2,519

    This pales in comparison to all the regulars here (of which I don’t count myself).

    But here’s my confession: I’ve never actually used Audiobus. I bought it to support Michael though. I doubt I’m alone in that though. Seems like it was a useful app before AUM. Or maybe still is. That’s not an insult. I’m sorry for over sharing.

  • @animalelder said:
    I really thought I over-visited this forum but

    Joined
    July 2019
    Visits
    2,519

    This pales in comparison to all the regulars here (of which I don’t count myself).

    But here’s my confession: I’ve never actually used Audiobus. I bought it to support Michael though. I doubt I’m alone in that though. Seems like it was a useful app before AUM. Or maybe still is. That’s not an insult. I’m sorry for over sharing.

    I’d consider you at least semi-regular lol

    I only used Audiobus up until a year or 2 ago when I got fully into AUM. It’s great. Not as easy as AUM but not a bad app at all and it did a lot for the platform as a whole. I still use it occasionally to pipe apps into Cubasis 3 and even less occasionally just to break it out again for fun lol

  • July 2013, way past time I shared some music lol

  • @HotStrange said:

    @animalelder said:
    I really thought I over-visited this forum but

    Joined
    July 2019
    Visits
    2,519

    This pales in comparison to all the regulars here (of which I don’t count myself).

    But here’s my confession: I’ve never actually used Audiobus. I bought it to support Michael though. I doubt I’m alone in that though. Seems like it was a useful app before AUM. Or maybe still is. That’s not an insult. I’m sorry for over sharing.

    I’d consider you at least semi-regular lol

    I only used Audiobus up until a year or 2 ago when I got fully into AUM. It’s great. Not as easy as AUM but not a bad app at all and it did a lot for the platform as a whole. I still use it occasionally to pipe apps into Cubasis 3 and even less occasionally just to break it out again for fun lol

    You may already know this, but you can send audio from AUM into Cubasis. Doug’s got an old tutorial.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

    @HotStrange said:

    @animalelder said:
    I really thought I over-visited this forum but

    Joined
    July 2019
    Visits
    2,519

    This pales in comparison to all the regulars here (of which I don’t count myself).

    But here’s my confession: I’ve never actually used Audiobus. I bought it to support Michael though. I doubt I’m alone in that though. Seems like it was a useful app before AUM. Or maybe still is. That’s not an insult. I’m sorry for over sharing.

    I’d consider you at least semi-regular lol

    I only used Audiobus up until a year or 2 ago when I got fully into AUM. It’s great. Not as easy as AUM but not a bad app at all and it did a lot for the platform as a whole. I still use it occasionally to pipe apps into Cubasis 3 and even less occasionally just to break it out again for fun lol

    You may already know this, but you can send audio from AUM into Cubasis. Doug’s got an old tutorial.

    No kidding. Directly from AUM? I always thought you had to do AUM - Audiobus - C3 so I never bothered. Thanks for the tip, I’ll check that out later tonight.

  • April 2014 here

  • @HotStrange said:
    I’d consider you at least semi-regular lol

    Haha thanks, I appreciate you saying that. I don’t know why, but I tend to assume that no one notices me lol

  • @animalelder said:

    @HotStrange said:
    I’d consider you at least semi-regular lol

    Haha thanks, I appreciate you saying that. I don’t know why, but I tend to assume that no one notices me lol

    Nah we’ve had some good convos so far, I definitely have noticed you lol

  • @HotStrange said:

    @animalelder said:

    @HotStrange said:
    I’d consider you at least semi-regular lol

    Haha thanks, I appreciate you saying that. I don’t know why, but I tend to assume that no one notices me lol

    Nah we’ve had some good convos so far, I definitely have noticed you lol

    I gotta say, I have been feeling the same way lol nice

Sign In or Register to comment.