Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Perfect loops creation??

edited March 2013 in App Tips and Tricks

Hey erybody,
How do you go about creating perfect loops. So far audioshare has best trimming to get perfect loops,
but is there an iOS DAW that excels at this because so far I am having very limited success with, Beatmaker, Loopy HD, and
DAW.
Any suggestions, anything with threshold based recording start?
Put

Comments

• edited March 2013

Are you trying to loop a Beat rhythmically or a part of a sound? To me Beatmaker2 is great for either case!

• The question is how to efficiently get hold of an audio file that represents the loop.
    I also have this question and I am trimming away in Audioshare. Can it be that hard to send a trigger for start and stop to the record function in Audiobus that drives the output app?

• Ooooooold thread.
    So, what’s your favorite way to create a loop recording directly from Audiobus?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited October 2018

Yep. AUM auto starts and stops on bar boundaries if you set the Sync Quantum in the metronome settings. Of course if your material isn’t timed well or doesn’t itself loop well, AUM can’t help you.

Loopy and Group the Loop are handy too. QuantiLoop I’m still coming to terms with.

One thing I especially appreciate about Loopy is the ability to easily adjust the start timing by rotating the clip.

• Edit? Blocs wave...

• GarageBand too.

• Blocs Wave. Don’t knock it till you try it.

• AUM can be configured to record loops of a given size, without the need to slice anything.

Cubasis still has a bug that adds a little bit of silence to any recorded audio, which can be annoying or worse, esp. when you need to glue together lots of loops.

I think, this is on the to-be-fixed list.