Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo: Paste audio from system clipboard?

edited October 2023 in App Tips and Tricks

Is it possible to paste audio from the system clipboard into one of Drambo’s samplers?

Comments

• Did you find out?

• No, I don’t think it is possible, but I’m curious: how would you even get audio on the clipboard to begin with? I don’t know of any apps that do it. Does twistedwave or some other audio editing app offer this functionality? Between apps, I mean.

• I guess there is no way to paste from the clipboard, but in split view you can drag and drop files from the files app to the Drambo sampler.

• @pedro said:
    No, I don’t think it is possible, but I’m curious: how would you even get audio on the clipboard to begin with? I don’t know of any apps that do it. Does twistedwave or some other audio editing app offer this functionality? Between apps, I mean.

Loopy Pro can copy/paste from the system clipboard. Auditor can. I think Neon can. AudioShare can (there is a Copy command in the share sheet)

• You can actually drag and drop between apps.

I screen recorded myself showing this between Koala and Files. I don’t have Drambo, but it should work the same.

And this is an iPhone so I’m sure it works on an iPad if you need to do it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/GN5dnJOKNWc?si=GK8Vqz378doAJewk

30 second demonstration there with commentary via microphone

• It would have been better if I recorded myself with another device, but you basically tap, hold, use other hand to switch apps, then drag and drop.

• @espiegel123 said:

@pedro said:
    No, I don’t think it is possible, but I’m curious: how would you even get audio on the clipboard to begin with? I don’t know of any apps that do it. Does twistedwave or some other audio editing app offer this functionality? Between apps, I mean.

Loopy Pro can copy/paste from the system clipboard. Auditor can. I think Neon can. AudioShare can (there is a Copy command in the share sheet)

I thought OP meant copy/paste audio, like a selection from a longer recording. Not audio files which as has been pointed out can be dragged

• @pedro said:

@espiegel123 said:

@pedro said:

I thought OP meant copy/paste audio, like a selection from a longer recording. Not audio files which as has been pointed out can be dragged

I am talking about audio data copied to the system clipboard.