Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Amplifind now free (Spotify to AB)

edited September 2014 in General App Discussion

Just noticed that Amplifind is now free. If you have a pro Spotify account, you can use this to sample Spotify into AB.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplifind-music-player-visualizer/id705587544?mt=8

Comments

• @gburks Thanks for the tip.

• Or, for more fun, AudioBus: Amplifind (Spotify) > Loopy, and iMPC Pro sample Loopy as IAA. Spotify sample and chop!

• edited September 2014

Beatblaster is free, too (sorry for hijacking).

No AB, but lovely interface:

https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/the-beatblaster/id493081063?mt=8

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Bluring things.

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Hehe, couldnt wait.

• I’m pretty sure when you load up Spotify, Amplifind disables it’s Audiobus output.

Check your AudioShare recording... it’s probably blank.

• I mean I would love to be proven wrong, but that’s what I remember last time I tried.

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

I wanted to use FAC Maxima as Equalizer :)

• Holy it crap it does work now!

Delete this thread before they catch on...

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Blur

• DCJDCJ
    edited March 2018

Actually, it stopped working. Completely. Even outside of AB. Sad.

Edit: turns out it doesn’t work through AB with lightening headphones. Probably due to the fact that it forces 48k sample rate. Works otherwise.

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

Strange.

I also got a "turning wheel" for Spotify within the "other" app after some time. But i played around with AudioBus and AUM and lots of other AU effects.

Will watch this for some time.

P.S. I have normal headphones.

• Weird, I tested this a few days ago in response to another thread and it wasn’t working for Spotify.

Recording OK now for me (AB, AudioShare, etc).

• I know most already know this but for the few who don't impc pro 2 lets you sample any Spotify song even without a paid account. Only catch is it use a random needle drop approach. So you can't sample a specific part of a song.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    I know most already know this but for the few who don't impc pro 2 lets you sample any Spotify song even without a paid account. Only catch is it use a random needle drop approach. So you can't sample a specific part of a song.

No offence but I don’t see how this is useful? It would drive me crazy...

• Amplifind & Spotify in AB used to work for me. Just tested it and it seems shaky indeed. Amplifind -> AUM -> AB seems fine though...

• I think, this comes from Amplifind itself - or Spotify itself, when used over Amplifind.

I had this effect even when just using Amplifind without other apps.
    After some time, the Spotify tab in Amplifind just shows the turning wheel.

When i then restart Amplifind, it shows that the App is logged out of Spotify and you can login again!

• NOTE! Don't download impc pro 2 for the sampling feature! It doesn't work. I assume there is a licensing issue since only a few songs are available to sample from, and as mentioned above, you cannot even select the part you want since it is solely a random snippet available.

My recommendation is to PUT PRESSURE on the developers and the consent from artists! There is always going to be work arounds. My solution: I have a mobile sound card that doesn't take up more space in my pocket than an iphone which lets me sample a digital clean signal from one unit to another so F**U towards the people trying to make restrictions in usability :smile: The user always wins

As for amplifind, yeah it's a bummer. One cannot complete the connection to spotify. Needs a fix. I have sent a mail to them. I recommend all of you who reads this do so aswell to:
    http://www.amplifindapp.com/index.php?si=2

• edited January 2019

@Robbiedob50

I have a mobile sound card that doesn't take up more space in my pocket than an iphone which lets me sample a digital clean signal from one unit to another so ...

What would that be by the way the
    Behringer UFO202 External Sound Card?

• (I really don't want to shout "buy this and this" so I won't).
    If you don't mind sampling in mono (which a lot of beatmakers/producers do anyway and so do I) then you have many options out there.

My setup looks like this: Phone nr1 > Interface > Phone nr2
    I personally use the phone-jack from my second device with contains the sound source, the signal then goes into my interface with a single line-in jack and on the other end it has a lightning connector that goes into my phone.
    The common denominator though is to have a second device to sample from. (this setup is in mono and applies slight compression to the signal from the phone jack but it is insignificant to my standards and i get great results since the quality of the interface is top notch)

There are several solutions out there so happy hunting! The option you mentioned should be viable with a lightning to usb 2 or/and 3 connector adaptor (if you don't get the error message in your device due to insufficient power or compatibility). Reach out to them and ask if it is compatible with ios devices. It is cheap compared to other interfaces though so try and share your experience!

• edited January 2019

Want to share a discovery! I erased and restored my phone. But that didn't work, until i deleted spotify and tried to connect to it via amplifind without spotify installed. That worked for me! (i then reinstalled spot)