Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
SFM Tutorials: Blip Box
iOS - Sketch Audio Blip Box - Tutorial and Demo (Giveaway in the video description)
Blip Box is a sixteen voice drum synthesizer that may look nice but can sound mean. Blip Box takes inspiration from a variety of synths, both analog and digital.
We pulled together all the things we love about drum synthesis: complex audio rate modulation, snappy envelopes, harsh effects; and put them together in a compact, touch-friendly package. The result is a truly unique digital sound engine that has taken on a life of its own.
Whatever you do, don't have fun with it!
- Focused, fun, and characterful synth engine
- Touch-first design, almost the entire screen is part of a control
- Runs standalone or as AUv3 plug-in (in compatible host)
- Universal purchase on Apple platforms: runs on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Presets svnced across vour devices via iCloud
- Hook up a MIDI controller to play with a keyboard (optional)
- Pure synthesis engine, no samples
- Complex digital oscillator with two-way frequency modulation
- White noise source
- Two snappy AD envelopes with variable shape
- Unique mix control for pure oscillator sound or ring mod mayhem
- "Choose-your-own-adventure" effect: analog (ish) wavefolder or digital degradation
- State variable filter for tone shaping
- Envelopes can be routed to modulate oscillator shape, pitch, or filter cutoff
- Mix to filter cutoff modulation available for crispy filter FM
- Velocity responsive, either in traditional level (gain) mode or brightness mode
- Multi-out mode available when running in AUv3 mode
- Master tune for keeping tonal drum sounds in tune with your song
- Includes 13 inventive and usable factory kits to get you started making music
The video covers the following:
- Introduction to the User Interface and controls
- Browse Presets
- How to select each oscillator
- How to change the shape and pitch of each oscillator
- How to use oscillator 1 to modulate oscillator 2 and the opposite
- How to use noise
- How to balance the mix between oscillators and do ring modulation
- How to use the two Attack Decay Envelope
- How to use distortion and wavefolding
- How to use the lowpass, bandpass and high pass filters and change the cutoff frequence and resonance
- How to change the overall gain
- How to use the envelope to modulate shape and pitch
- How to modulate the envelope 1 to modulate cutoff
- How to modulate using the Mixer output
I hope you enjoy the tutorial and find it useful.
Do not forget to subscribe.