Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
SFM Tutorials: Phase Monkey
iOS - Sketch Audio Phase Monkey - Tutorial and Demo (Giveaway in the video description)
Phase Monkey is a polyphonic synthesizer inspired by the classic phase distortion synthesizers of the mid-1980s. However, instead of being a direct copy, Phase Monkey presents a fresh take on the classic sound engine, including the rare eight-stage envelopes.
The result is a surprisingly versatile digital instrument that can produce anything from warm pads to shimmering leads to snarling basses.
Whatever you do, don't have fun with it!
- Focused, fun, and characterful synth engine
- Touch-first design, almost the entire screen is part of a control
- Runs standalone or as AUv3 plug-in (in compatible host)
- Universal purchase on Apple platforms: runs on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Presets synced across your devices via iCloud
- Hook up a MIDI controller to play with a keyboard (optional)
- Eight classic phase distortion waveforms
- Dedicated modulation oscillator for rina or noise modulation
- Three rare eight-stage envelopes
- Complex modulation of pitch and timbre possible via envelopes
- LFO with five waveforms for classic modulation sounds
- Master controls: portamento, random voice pan, onboard chorus, gain
- Key behavior modes: poly, monophonic retrig, monophonic legato
- Additional MIDI modulation sources: mod wheel, pitch bend, velocity, aftertouch (channel), key follow
- Includes 40 highly usable factory presets to get you started making music
The video covers the following:
- Introduction to the User Interface and controls
- Browse presets
- How to change the oscilaltors setup
- How to act and define the 8 stages 3 envelopes
- How to use the LFO
- How to add portamento, random pan, chorus and gain and adjust the type of portamento and brightness
- How to change the type of oscillators, ring modulation detuning
I hope you enjoy the tutorial and find it useful.
Do not forget to subscribe.