Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MidiSequencer v1.7 (free) update out now

Finally, Apple approved the update - the Lite version should follow early next week.

This update aimed mainly at those of us using midiSequencer to control hardware devices.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midisequencer/id787934896?ls=1&mt=8

Here is what's in this free update(In case you missed it):

Complete reworking of midi CC's - now you can have 16 per step - choose from CC(with some hardware mappings - e.g. Virus TI), NRPN, RPN, Program changes, Aftertouch (mono/poly), sysex (or any 76 bytes you want or more if you define consecutive controllers)

Latching steps - for those people that like drones - this doesn't send the midi off message!

40 snapshots (up from 20) per bank

2 note tremolo ornament - useful for simulating a digital delay/syncopation effect.

repeat steps up to x8 (was x4 before). This repeats the whole step (chords, ornaments etc) before moving on.

Soft limit on controls - useful for making data entry easier and clamping 16 controls to upper or lower values.

smaller banks (1/7th size of v1.6)

sort (bank) file list by name or last modified date

better slow tempo resolution (clock multipliers of 1/2,1/3 & 1/4)

chord save - enables you to save added notes for a chord on one step and load it for another.

and last, but no means least - the monitor button to enable you to 1) play interactively with a sequence 2) audition notes & CC's during setup and 3) use midiSequencer as a CC control surface.

++++++v1.8 (another free update) is almost ready too! This brings:

Latest Audiobus 2.1.3 sdk

State saving - so a preset will remember the bank and snapshot loaded and attempt to load it when you click 'reload' in AB.

Midi Learn - control tempo, transpose, loop type, step data (note, velocity, gate%, midi channel), etc all with midi CCs. You can set/reset these manually (drag the number) or listen to midi input to map. They are saved and restored next time you load midiSequencer.

Comments

• Thank you!

• Huzzah! Thank you!

"smaller banks (1/7th size of v1.6)" had to feel really good. Personally looking forward to monitoring.

• Thanks very much

• 1/7th size means quicker loading too for automated snapshot loading :)

• Thanks. It works even better!

• I like this a lot...

Really looking forward to 'Rack-Mode' and 'Song-Mode'(for triggering paralell single Sequences and 'Racks'(grouped sequences) with playback parameters like transpose) for really complex sequencing :)

Maybe it's out of scope for this version of MidiSequencer but since it's already possible to use 'chords' a Grid-Editor would be nice (Nope, no need to have all the options available for each note, that would be too much and too complicated right?).

The 'Grid-Style' editor could be useful to for triggering other sequences and give a better overview (I'm still missing Amiga Music-X Style triggering of patterns with playback parameters. 'special-notes' could trigger a pattern (maximum playback was 20 patterns at once for Music-X).

Thanks again for this update!

• @samu - me too - it means I no longer need to buy all those expensive hardware sequencers - I couldn't play them anyway without conform to scale!

I was aiming to stick to a Reason style rack system (so slim row of 16 controls per sequence) for this rather than presenting all notes in a grid.

I have another app in development (and nearing completion) to do the grid editing (based on midi file tracks). That will eventually feature the ability to chain small patterns together. MidiSequencer is more focused on 16 notes (which you can break down into smaller note groups) and the logic for each - the way most analog step sequencers. It will start to inherit alot of features found on other sequencers (e.g. midibox sequencer).

• Thanks Tony!