Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 17 - iPhone/iPad (Is out now)

2

Comments

  • What would be been kind of cool is if the lightning to USB c cable worked without needing the camera usb adapter.

  • edited September 2023

    Now I can expand Cubasis 3 to fill as much of the screen on extended display as on mirror.

    It still needs to be launched on the iPad first then sent over to the extended display for the UI to load without a display error.

    Once it loads the UI on extended display clicking and dragging either the left or right edge outwards maximizes the app window on the external display. However the same aspect ratio as full screen mirror with pillar box is maintained on external display with the app full screen on a 16:9 display monitor.

  • edited September 2023

    I always keep automatic app updates turned off. After updating to iOS17, while I notice that it hasn’t changed that setting, if I look at my appstore account, there are NO apps needing updating. Before updating there were at least one or two hundred apps in there saying that updates were available. Now, in that list, all I have is a list of some recently updated apps, no list whatsoever of apps requiring updates. Can anyone explain this?

    After checking one or two apps that I remember not having updated, it seems like it has gone and auto updated all the apps I hadn’t bothered to update. That’s not cool

  • Weird not at all seeing that here. Been traveling and haven’t been able to update apps all week. After downloading the new iOS update and waiting a good long while, those apps all still need to be updated.

  • @Tarekith said:
    Weird not at all seeing that here. Been traveling and haven’t been able to update apps all week. After downloading the new iOS update and waiting a good long while, those apps all still need to be updated.

    Interesting! Thnx Tarekith. Do you use a 3rd party keyboard by the way? I also seem to have lost AUBE keyboard access from that too, and it does not appear in the choices when I press the external keyboard 🌐 symbol. Now on my external keyboard that symbol just toggles emojis on and off, caps lock just toggles between English and Chinese. Previously that 🌐 button would toggle between my language keyboards, emoji keyboards and AUBE…AUBE now only appears as a possible choice to be added to the internal keyboard, not the external one

  • @Strizbiz said:
    I don’t see anything on the IPad side that stands out as far as music production goes, it’s got some new things for sure, but I don’t see anything that says they had IPad producers/Musicians in mind. I’ll probably update my IPhone just for the hell of it but I’ll wait as far as my IPad goes, at least until I’m sure it doesn’t break anything that’s not broken……as they say…if it ain’t broke 🤷🏽‍♂️

    Very wise words 🙂

  • @Gavinski said:

    @Tarekith said:
    Weird not at all seeing that here. Been traveling and haven’t been able to update apps all week. After downloading the new iOS update and waiting a good long while, those apps all still need to be updated.

    Interesting! Thnx Tarekith. Do you use a 3rd party keyboard by the way? I also seem to have lost AUBE keyboard access from that too, and it does not appear in the choices when I press the external keyboard 🌐 symbol. Now on my external keyboard that symbol just toggles emojis on and off, caps lock just toggles between English and Chinese. Previously that 🌐 button would toggle between my language keyboards, emoji keyboards and AUBE…AUBE now only appears as a possible choice to be added to the internal keyboard, not the external one

    That problem with updated apps seems to have resolved itself - the old apps that were not updated are now appearing in the list of updateable apps on the Store. Earlier, it seems that the ‘available updates’ list was not visible. Only the ‘recently updated’ list. Very very strange. Anyway, resolved now!

  • All I want is a way to have iphone apps as slideovers

  • edited September 2023

    Nice to see iOS 17 finally has a GarageBand update (at least on my iPhone) :D ... this might push me over the edge to finally update my ancient iPad Pro.

    https://www.techradar.com/news/ipad-pro-2023

  • @NeuM said:
    Nice to see iOS 17 finally has a GarageBand update (at least on my iPhone) :D ... this might push me over the edge to finally update my ancient iPad Pro.

    https://www.techradar.com/news/ipad-pro-2023

    "Stability improvements and bug fixes" so not much of an update. The question is: now that 17 is out, what's the over/under on when Apple actually ships a Logic update, any update, even just "stability improvements and bug fixes" :lol:

    I'm putting it at October 1, but I'm a hopeless optimist.

  • @mjm1138 said:

    @NeuM said:
    Nice to see iOS 17 finally has a GarageBand update (at least on my iPhone) :D ... this might push me over the edge to finally update my ancient iPad Pro.

    https://www.techradar.com/news/ipad-pro-2023

    "Stability improvements and bug fixes" so not much of an update. The question is: now that 17 is out, what's the over/under on when Apple actually ships a Logic update, any update, even just "stability improvements and bug fixes" :lol:

    I'm putting it at October 1, but I'm a hopeless optimist.

    The GarageBand update I mentioned isn't available to those not running iPadOS 17.

  • @NeuM said:

    @mjm1138 said:

    @NeuM said:
    Nice to see iOS 17 finally has a GarageBand update (at least on my iPhone) :D ... this might push me over the edge to finally update my ancient iPad Pro.

    https://www.techradar.com/news/ipad-pro-2023

    "Stability improvements and bug fixes" so not much of an update. The question is: now that 17 is out, what's the over/under on when Apple actually ships a Logic update, any update, even just "stability improvements and bug fixes" :lol:

    I'm putting it at October 1, but I'm a hopeless optimist.

    The GarageBand update I mentioned isn't available to those not running iPadOS 17.

    Oh interesting. FWIW when I launched GB after the update it popped up an interstitial telling me to enable notifications so I can hear about new sound packs, but that was the only discernible difference I saw so far.

  • @NeuM said:

    @mjm1138 said:

    @NeuM said:
    Nice to see iOS 17 finally has a GarageBand update (at least on my iPhone) :D ... this might push me over the edge to finally update my ancient iPad Pro.

    https://www.techradar.com/news/ipad-pro-2023

    "Stability improvements and bug fixes" so not much of an update. The question is: now that 17 is out, what's the over/under on when Apple actually ships a Logic update, any update, even just "stability improvements and bug fixes" :lol:

    I'm putting it at October 1, but I'm a hopeless optimist.

    The GarageBand update I mentioned isn't available to those not running iPadOS 17.

  • Why would anyone want to "Showcase their photos" on the lock screen? Isn't that what the Photos app is for?

    Soon enough the lock screen will be able to load AUv3s 😉

  • @mjm1138 said:
    Here's a nice summary of user-facing new features and changes in iPadOS 17: https://www.apple.com/ipados/ipados-17/pdf/iPadOS_All_New_Features.pdf

    Just waded through this and it’s really quite depressing.

    Most of it is trivial junk, and I can see myself spending weeks turning all the pointless cr*p off or trying to find ways to stop it being “clever” and messing stuff up in the process.

    Dear Apple: I just want my devices to work reliably and do what I tell them, and definitely NOT do what they think I really mean instead.

    Sheesh.

    I’ll hold off for a bit in case they’ve broken something vital, though for once it looks like they’ve mostly avoided doing that. FLW…

  • edited September 2023

    Incidentally, the Apple TV (hardware that hooks up to your TV) software update is even less intuitive than before, at least as far as shutting down the device goes. What is going on over there at Apple? I have a feeling it's the same thing that is happening everywhere, which is to say that the shortage of seasoned professionals is now resulting in terrible, amateurish decisions being made for their software.

  • It's a small thing, but more often than not I liked the "scrub anywhere" on fullscreen videos that's now been removed.

  • @bygjohn said:

    @mjm1138 said:
    Here's a nice summary of user-facing new features and changes in iPadOS 17: https://www.apple.com/ipados/ipados-17/pdf/iPadOS_All_New_Features.pdf

    Just waded through this and it’s really quite depressing.

    Most of it is trivial junk, and I can see myself spending weeks turning all the pointless cr*p off or trying to find ways to stop it being “clever” and messing stuff up in the process.

    Dear Apple: I just want my devices to work reliably and do what I tell them, and definitely NOT do what they think I really mean instead.

    Sheesh.

    I’ll hold off for a bit in case they’ve broken something vital, though for once it looks like they’ve mostly avoided doing that. FLW…

    Yeah, a lot of the new features are really not for me. I’m not too excited about customizing my Lock Screen. A few of the features are interesting or useful to me, none really feel vital. That said I know there are a lot of people (mostly younger than myself I suspect) who are champing at the bit to customize their lock screens, and it’s a good day for them I guess. I do like some of the visual and typographic refinements iOS 17 brings. And it doesn’t seem to have broken anything in my music making toolchain, so that’s good. HomeKit, on the other hand, is a little f’ed up. Not as bad as it was when 16.0 shipped, but there are glitches.

  • Yes x1000. In fact, Apple, when my phone is locked I don’t want anything at all about my apps, documents, or personal info on the Lock Screen. I don’t want whatever I’m listening to, to be shown and broadcast to the world with a giant Lock Screen widget that can’t be disabled. I want it locked. Rant over.

    @SevenSystems said:
    Why would anyone want to "Showcase their photos" on the lock screen? Isn't that what the Photos app is for?

    Soon enough the lock screen will be able to load AUv3s 😉

  • @spiteface said:
    Yes x1000. In fact, Apple, when my phone is locked I don’t want anything at all about my apps, documents, or personal info on the Lock Screen. I don’t want whatever I’m listening to, to be shown and broadcast to the world with a giant Lock Screen widget that can’t be disabled. I want it locked. Rant over.

    @SevenSystems said:
    Why would anyone want to "Showcase their photos" on the lock screen? Isn't that what the Photos app is for?

    Soon enough the lock screen will be able to load AUv3s 😉

    Yeah, this is an extemely unexciting update for me. Tbh, I rarely give a damn about most of the stuff that major updates bring. It's pretty clear, and has been for years, that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel as all the real innovation has mostly been done. I guess things might pick up if some very clever AI integrations start making their way into phones. I'd love to see an apple take on a generative music AI, because I've been checking some out recently and they're mostly pretty lame. Generative answering built into things like messenger and email would be pretty useful 😂. Soon we'll just be able to let the robots talk to each other online, even when it seems like we're the ones talking. Maybe then people will actually move back to proper irl connection lol

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If you use CarPlay in your vehicle (and I do), you'll notice some subtle changes to the Music player app UI. And they're not good changes.

  • yes, not really interested in locks screen customisation - and as for the kids, vast majority of them are on Android at our local secondary because they want decent battery life that you can get with some android phones, so they can snapshat loads of **** to each other - and a decent phone is £200 not £1400 !

    Was tempted to jump ship to android (not replacing my Ipad though !!), but then I'd also need to buy a new watch !

  • @spiteface said:
    Yes x1000. In fact, Apple, when my phone is locked I don’t want anything at all about my apps, documents, or personal info on the Lock Screen. I don’t want whatever I’m listening to, to be shown and broadcast to the world with a giant Lock Screen widget that can’t be disabled. I want it locked. Rant over.

    @SevenSystems said:
    Why would anyone want to "Showcase their photos" on the lock screen? Isn't that what the Photos app is for?

    Soon enough the lock screen will be able to load AUv3s 😉

    Yeah this has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. I'm just not getting it. It is a LOCK SCREEN. Its ONLY purpose is to KEEP THE USER FROM ACCIDENTALLY USING THE DEVICE. Is this so hard to understand? Fortunately all my phones are jailbroken and I've removed all the bullshit from the lock screen (including the media player widget). No more constant pulling your phone out of your pocket and suddenly being in the camera, having the flashlight on, or sudden switching of tracks while listening to music etc.

  • @mjm1138 said:

    @bygjohn said:

    @mjm1138 said:
    Here's a nice summary of user-facing new features and changes in iPadOS 17: https://www.apple.com/ipados/ipados-17/pdf/iPadOS_All_New_Features.pdf

    Just waded through this and it’s really quite depressing.

    Most of it is trivial junk, and I can see myself spending weeks turning all the pointless cr*p off or trying to find ways to stop it being “clever” and messing stuff up in the process.

    Dear Apple: I just want my devices to work reliably and do what I tell them, and definitely NOT do what they think I really mean instead.

    Sheesh.

    I’ll hold off for a bit in case they’ve broken something vital, though for once it looks like they’ve mostly avoided doing that. FLW…

    Yeah, a lot of the new features are really not for me. I’m not too excited about customizing my Lock Screen. A few of the features are interesting or useful to me, none really feel vital. That said I know there are a lot of people (mostly younger than myself I suspect) who are champing at the bit to customize their lock screens, and it’s a good day for them I guess. I do like some of the visual and typographic refinements iOS 17 brings. And it doesn’t seem to have broken anything in my music making toolchain, so that’s good. HomeKit, on the other hand, is a little f’ed up. Not as bad as it was when 16.0 shipped, but there are glitches.

    Thanks for the heads up on HomeKit. Another reason to hold off for a bit.

  • @NeuM said:
    If you use CarPlay in your vehicle (and I do), you'll notice some subtle changes to the Music player app UI. And they're not good changes.

    I use CarPlay a lot. I updated my iPhone to IOS 17 a few days ago. I didn't notice any difference other than the wireless CarPlay connection to my Android head unit is more stable. I haven't gone into the settings yet to check out the newest wallpaper but from looking at them online they don't seem much different. I understand that a major CarPlay update is in the works though.

  • edited September 2023

    Has anyone noticed a fairly significant volume drop from phones speakers while calling?
    My work phone yesterday went 17 and in noisy environment is now almost useless for what I need it the most.

  • I just took a look at the PDF feature list, and the “health features” are grotesque.

  • y'all are making me feel pretty damn good about my old devices that aren't eligible for iOS 17 right about now. 😎

  • Yeah, the main problem with the locking behaviour is that well, it doesn’t lock. Ideally I think it needs an option for a hardware switch like the silent toggle, which I think they’ve replaced recently with a button on newer models?
    But without a toggle to physically lock the screen it gets triggered too easily and often I’ll pull it from my pocket and it says that it’s about to delete the phone contents (even though I have that setting disabled). Or for security the phone cannot be accessed for 15 minutes. This can cause serious (and also potentially dangerous) problems, I nearly missed a transport connection recently because I couldn’t access my ticket on the phone and had to wait for my final chance to unlock the phone.
    I don’t think Apple can be trusted to get these basic functions right, when they always try and reduce hardware controls.

Sign In or Register to comment.