Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer + XinematiX

13»

Comments

  • @NeuM just to be sure: this problem is since 1.8.1 from September, 18th and it was ok with 1.8.0 ?

  • @VirSyn said:
    Can confirm this. Preparing an update this weekend for this and other open bugs

    XinematiX's new update, Version 1.3.1, solved the problem in iOS 17. Thank you! 👍

  • @Luxthor said:

    @VirSyn said:
    Can confirm this. Preparing an update this weekend for this and other open bugs

    XinematiX's new update, Version 1.3.1, solved the problem in iOS 17. Thank you! 👍

    And I got my Bonus purchasing credits that Harry promised me!

  • @VirSyn said:
    @NeuM just to be sure: this problem is since 1.8.1 from September, 18th and it was ok with 1.8.0 ?

    No, it was not working before the update to 1.8.1 also.

  • edited April 20

    Downloaded when new but never tried much until they recently reduced full access price (to all patches) from hundreds of dollars to $19.95. Crazy.

    Downloaded Wind & Voice,
    but can’t locate in the dropdown patch selections menu, and entering the name in the Search nothing comes up.

    The patch menu seems convoluted and frustrating to use, populated as it is by scores of names of everything the user hasn’t downloaded instead of a logical and simple list of sounds actually downloaded. Weird choice is about the nicest thing I can think of to say.

    Downloaded Guitars which could be found in the patch menu, but not bonding with many of the sounds.

    Hitting top selection in download menu, Choir, leads me to a blank page.

    Looking at videos Virsyn posted of sounds to consider what to download I find patch names without reference to what packs they might be in, names of things I might like but without a clue of how to find in the download section -bleh.

    I’m hanging it up for the day. So far wondering if I will not end up regretting having spent the “mere” $20 on this app. Had I spent hundreds I expect I would not be too happy they suddenly reduced the price to $20 so obviously disappointment from the lips of a $20 purchaser is a relative thing. To be fair this is a first use review; perhaps I’m missing something and/or will bond with it later.

    The poor layout is quite a contrast to Virsyn’s other apps most or all of which I have and most of which are as intuitive to use as they are generally fantastic in every respect. Glad I purchased those first as a bad experience can influence you not to purchase other stuff from a dev.

  • @UrbanNinja said:

    I’m hanging it up for the day. So far wondering if I will not end up regretting having spent the “mere” $20 on this app. Had I spent hundreds I expect I would not be too happy they suddenly reduced the price to $20 so obviously disappointment from the lips of a $20 purchaser is a relative thing. To be fair this is a first use review; perhaps I’m missing something and/or will bond with it later.

    Yep, I feel the same

  • @Birdpie said:
    not within your xinematix folder. your normal user folder. what's the point, you can put them where you want, except xinematix folder.

    I bought both apps yesterday due to the great offer.

    If you save into an "user" folder in Audiolayer, Xinematix will not see it, since you cannot import anything from outside of the Xinematix libraries.
    How are you doing it, if you want to play new samples within Xinematix?
    Thank you.

  • @UrbanNinja said:

    Downloaded Wind & Voice,
    but can’t locate in the dropdown patch selections menu, and entering the name in the Search nothing comes up.

    The search works for me and you can select samples by going to "show all", which lists all the packs (i.e. same structure as in the "download sample" section).

  • edited April 20

    @danbun said ‘…going to "show all"’

    Thanks for the tip!

  • @MAtrixplan said:
    I would like to see how much storage I need to go into some XinematiX packs

    Would be very handy if (all developer's) IAP's showed the size of downloads.

  • AudioLayer Is Not Working As Stand-alone It Stucks At The Logo and It Crashing
    This Is Sometime Now I Hoped The New Update Would Fix The Problem But Sadly It Did not
    I Deleted The “last.state’ file I replaced it with another
    I hard reset my iPad
    I deleted the app and installed it again
    But no luck
    Any help is welcome
    P.S.
    XinematiX is working fine but it was a shock when I’ve seen the price for the complete library(62 Banks)
    I’ve spend a few hundreds of dollars to find out in less then a year the price is 19.99 In any way you look at it it’s totally unfair to the early supporters of this app .The Price is less Then Most Banks !!!!!
    Nevertheless The Sounds Are FANTASTIC !!!!!
    GET THE DEAL WILE IT IS ON !!!!!
    TOTALLY WORTH IT !!!!!!!

  • I downloaded all that stuff last night! Thanks for the great price @VirSyn

Sign In or Register to comment.