Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer + XinematiX

2

Comments

  • @Birdpie said:

    @wingwizard said:
    Is there any way you can get rid of the dreadful delay slathered all over a lot of the xinematix samples? It sounds WOEFUL. So tacky and amateur. Especially on orchestral stuff.

    I mean… it’s actually unusable in its current state in any recording really. Which is a shame because there’s some nice stuff. I’ll have to get refunds and get rid of it if that isn’t changed.

    turn off the delay and save the file?

    That’s what I’m asking. How do you turn off the delay? Cant find any option anywhere. Maybe me being blind.

  • in audiolayer? go to the fx page.

  • @Birdpie said:
    in audiolayer? go to the fx page.

    No in xinematix. How would you turn off the delay in audio layer for xinematix samples if the delay is baked in?

  • Tap on “SHIFT” for additional parameter and there is an FX knob you can turn down

  • @VirSyn said:
    Tap on “SHIFT” for additional parameter and there is an FX knob you can turn down

    Thanks yeah I’ve seen fx and reverb - to be honest I’ve been playing around all day and both xinematix and audio layer are broken for me. The parameters like fx and things do nothing. Reverb works. Then for a while it seemed much better, i switched to audio layer and remembered why I uninstalled it. Unfortunately audiolayer is just constant crashes freezes closing down. It’s done that for me on multiple iPad, about ten different iOS versions. Always just crashes freezes closes down cant load samples,.

    Just now it turned the keyboard into a tiny slither of the screen. It’s broken

  • working fine here ios 16.6.1

  • edited September 2023

    @wingwizard said:

    @VirSyn said:
    Tap on “SHIFT” for additional parameter and there is an FX knob you can turn down

    Thanks yeah I’ve seen fx and reverb - to be honest I’ve been playing around all day and both xinematix and audio layer are broken for me. The parameters like fx and things do nothing. Reverb works. Then for a while it seemed much better, i switched to audio layer and remembered why I uninstalled it. Unfortunately audiolayer is just constant crashes freezes closing down. It’s done that for me on multiple iPad, about ten different iOS versions. Always just crashes freezes closes down cant load samples,.

    Just now it turned the keyboard into a tiny slither of the screen. It’s broken

    Keep in mind that the macro parameters in XinematiX are „colored“, each color bound to one of the three sounds that can be stacked or blended - to remove fx on all three sounds you have to turn the blue, red and green fx knobs. To select between the different edit sections tap on the rainbow slider at the appropriate color.

    Regarding AudioLayer: the current version seems to have crashes on startup which I’m currently working on and hope to fix soon. For most users it doesn‘t seem to happen. Unfortunately I also can‘t reproduce it which makes it hard for me to fix.

  • @Jeezs said:
    @VirSyn
    Is it possible to implement multi out in Audiolayer, when using it as an AUV3.
    If it is a lot of work you can add it with an IAP.

    This is on my plans, can‘t say if it comes with next version but it will come.

  • @VirSyn said:

    @Jeezs said:
    @VirSyn
    Is it possible to implement multi out in Audiolayer, when using it as an AUV3.
    If it is a lot of work you can add it with an IAP.

    This is on my plans, can‘t say if it comes with next version but it will come.

    👍👍👍

    Thanks a lot

  • @VirSyn
    Thanks for the update.

    I noticed its not possible to create folders in the xinematix library for user patches.
    Not in audiolayer and not in xinematix.

    Would be helpful if user patches would be saved in a user folder, and have the option to create subfolders.
    Currently user patches are just spread out between the xinematix folders.

  • you can save them already to your user folder.

  • @VirSyn said:

    @wingwizard said:

    @VirSyn said:
    Tap on “SHIFT” for additional parameter and there is an FX knob you can turn down

    Thanks yeah I’ve seen fx and reverb - to be honest I’ve been playing around all day and both xinematix and audio layer are broken for me. The parameters like fx and things do nothing. Reverb works. Then for a while it seemed much better, i switched to audio layer and remembered why I uninstalled it. Unfortunately audiolayer is just constant crashes freezes closing down. It’s done that for me on multiple iPad, about ten different iOS versions. Always just crashes freezes closes down cant load samples,.

    Just now it turned the keyboard into a tiny slither of the screen. It’s broken

    Keep in mind that the macro parameters in XinematiX are „colored“, each color bound to one of the three sounds that can be stacked or blended - to remove fx on all three sounds you have to turn the blue, red and green fx knobs. To select between the different edit sections tap on the rainbow slider at the appropriate color.

    Regarding AudioLayer: the current version seems to have crashes on startup which I’m currently working on and hope to fix soon. For most users it doesn‘t seem to happen. Unfortunately I also can‘t reproduce it which makes it hard for me to fix.

    I have quite a serious complaint - thank you for the reply on the previous message. I have just paid for a couple of libraries—have the receipts in my email. Yet I don’t have them and it said there was an error - this is in xinematix. If I hit the library again in store it tries to charge me. I’m honestly a bit tired of this i had the same issue along with everyone else when the app first started where it charged without giving you the libraries. I seemed to have some bonus money on the app so guessing this is how they resolved that, but again now it’s charging and not giving the samples. Please resolve this for me. I think actually I bought a few- some were with bonus money but two at least I have receipts for and were with my money,

  • @wingwizard said:

    @VirSyn said:

    @wingwizard said:

    @VirSyn said:
    Tap on “SHIFT” for additional parameter and there is an FX knob you can turn down

    Thanks yeah I’ve seen fx and reverb - to be honest I’ve been playing around all day and both xinematix and audio layer are broken for me. The parameters like fx and things do nothing. Reverb works. Then for a while it seemed much better, i switched to audio layer and remembered why I uninstalled it. Unfortunately audiolayer is just constant crashes freezes closing down. It’s done that for me on multiple iPad, about ten different iOS versions. Always just crashes freezes closes down cant load samples,.

    Just now it turned the keyboard into a tiny slither of the screen. It’s broken

    Keep in mind that the macro parameters in XinematiX are „colored“, each color bound to one of the three sounds that can be stacked or blended - to remove fx on all three sounds you have to turn the blue, red and green fx knobs. To select between the different edit sections tap on the rainbow slider at the appropriate color.

    Regarding AudioLayer: the current version seems to have crashes on startup which I’m currently working on and hope to fix soon. For most users it doesn‘t seem to happen. Unfortunately I also can‘t reproduce it which makes it hard for me to fix.

    I have quite a serious complaint - thank you for the reply on the previous message. I have just paid for a couple of libraries—have the receipts in my email. Yet I don’t have them and it said there was an error - this is in xinematix. If I hit the library again in store it tries to charge me. I’m honestly a bit tired of this i had the same issue along with everyone else when the app first started where it charged without giving you the libraries. I seemed to have some bonus money on the app so guessing this is how they resolved that, but again now it’s charging and not giving the samples. Please resolve this for me. I think actually I bought a few- some were with bonus money but two at least I have receipts for and were with my money,

    When you buy in-app purchases these are processed and distributed via Apple's App Store, right? So if you were charged, you should be able to re-download them. If you never received your download, I think Apple would be the party you'd want to contact, no?

  • @NeuM said:

    @wingwizard said:

    @VirSyn said:

    @wingwizard said:

    @VirSyn said:
    Tap on “SHIFT” for additional parameter and there is an FX knob you can turn down

    Thanks yeah I’ve seen fx and reverb - to be honest I’ve been playing around all day and both xinematix and audio layer are broken for me. The parameters like fx and things do nothing. Reverb works. Then for a while it seemed much better, i switched to audio layer and remembered why I uninstalled it. Unfortunately audiolayer is just constant crashes freezes closing down. It’s done that for me on multiple iPad, about ten different iOS versions. Always just crashes freezes closes down cant load samples,.

    Just now it turned the keyboard into a tiny slither of the screen. It’s broken

    Keep in mind that the macro parameters in XinematiX are „colored“, each color bound to one of the three sounds that can be stacked or blended - to remove fx on all three sounds you have to turn the blue, red and green fx knobs. To select between the different edit sections tap on the rainbow slider at the appropriate color.

    Regarding AudioLayer: the current version seems to have crashes on startup which I’m currently working on and hope to fix soon. For most users it doesn‘t seem to happen. Unfortunately I also can‘t reproduce it which makes it hard for me to fix.

    I have quite a serious complaint - thank you for the reply on the previous message. I have just paid for a couple of libraries—have the receipts in my email. Yet I don’t have them and it said there was an error - this is in xinematix. If I hit the library again in store it tries to charge me. I’m honestly a bit tired of this i had the same issue along with everyone else when the app first started where it charged without giving you the libraries. I seemed to have some bonus money on the app so guessing this is how they resolved that, but again now it’s charging and not giving the samples. Please resolve this for me. I think actually I bought a few- some were with bonus money but two at least I have receipts for and were with my money,

    When you buy in-app purchases these are processed and distributed via Apple's App Store, right? So if you were charged, you should be able to re-download them. If you never received your download, I think Apple would be the party you'd want to contact, no?

    I wouldn’t have thought so when it’s only ever happened in this app so seems an issue with the app? The issue is with this app surely. My payments have gone through and the app comes up with an internal error. Then tries to charge me again and doesn’t show the library as purchased, to be honest est it’s been glitchy as hell since I got it, I have to restart the wifi or the sample library store is blank half the time. Maybe I’ll try reinstalling it’s just been constant trouble though.

    So I have receipts from Apple, and PayPal but the app seems to think I haven’t purchased, and showed some grey box error saying purchase failed and some weird syntax (looked to me like an internal error as nkt in an iOS system type window)

  • The samples re now showing as installed. I’m a bit nervous though as every single one of them glitched when purchased and said purchase fail I just noticed I have PayPal receipts but nine from Apple. I do think this is a fantastic sounding app and I hope it’s worked in a little for stability.

    I also hope more instruments like hurdy gurdysand my something I have wanted for a very long time: a suona, are added as time goes on. :)

  • I have problems with the "Guzheng & Santoor" trial pack in XinematiX. Is this demo protection or something wrong with my setup? Some of the sounds are layered with weird "squueks" and noises. Please, can anyone confirm?

    Koto: A#3 and B3 weird ‘squeek’, Octave 3, 2, …
    Lore & Guzheng: Octave 3, 2, 1,…

  • @Luxthor said:
    I have problems with the "Guzheng & Santoor" trial pack in XinematiX. Is this demo protection or something wrong with my setup? Some of the sounds are layered with weird "squueks" and noises. Please, can anyone confirm?

    Koto: A#3 and B3 weird ‘squeek’, Octave 3, 2, …
    Lore & Guzheng: Octave 3, 2, 1,…

    Have checked and it’s the same here,
    Have forwarded this to Kurt…

  • @VirSyn said:

    @Luxthor said:
    I have problems with the "Guzheng & Santoor" trial pack in XinematiX. Is this demo protection or something wrong with my setup? Some of the sounds are layered with weird "squueks" and noises. Please, can anyone confirm?

    Koto: A#3 and B3 weird ‘squeek’, Octave 3, 2, …
    Lore & Guzheng: Octave 3, 2, 1,…

    Have checked and it’s the same here,
    Have forwarded this to Kurt…

    Thanks for the confirmation! I must say, the feature to open XiX sound libraries in AudioLayer is phenomenal; it opens up so many more possibilities. And I love those IRs from XiX. One of them is forcing me to consider buying a 150€ plugin, haha. (I deliberately won't say which IRs! ;) )

  • Is anyone getting bonus point after purchasing? I bought $60 in IAP’s and haven’t seen any increase in my bonus status.

    Most of the packs I purchased were DEMO downloads that have expired so that could be a factor. A couple of them wouldn’t download after purchase and showed an error message. I rebooted the app and re-purchased these 2 packs and they displayed the wonderful “You have already bought this… would you like it for free?” Well, duh.

    But I expected to get $30 in bonus for a few more packs.

    The ability to edit any purchased instrument in AudioLayer is really good if there’s anything you would like to mute in the various layers. It’s also possible to add even more layers if you want to go in that “cinematic” experience.

  • McDMcD
    edited September 2023
    • edited to withdraw the question * I was making some assumptions about “Phrase Choir” that were just wrong. It’s still a great sample set design worth study in AudioLayer.
  • @McD said:
    Is anyone getting bonus point after purchasing? I bought $60 in IAP’s and haven’t seen any increase in my bonus status.

    Most of the packs I purchased were DEMO downloads that have expired so that could be a factor. A couple of them wouldn’t download after purchase and showed an error message. I rebooted the app and re-purchased these 2 packs and they displayed the wonderful “You have already bought this… would you like it for free?” Well, duh.

    But I expected to get $30 in bonus for a few more packs.

    The ability to edit any purchased instrument in AudioLayer is really good if there’s anything you would like to mute in the various layers. It’s also possible to add even more layers if you want to go in that “cinematic” experience.

    Sorry there is indeed a problem with calculating the bonus points. The bonus isn‘t lost but can not be calculated at the moment. Hope to get the update out till end of the week.

  • @VirSyn said:
    Sorry there is indeed a problem with calculating the bonus points. The bonus isn‘t lost but can not be calculated at the moment. Hope to get the update out till end of the week.

    Great. Thanks for fixing it Harry. I’m enjoying these presets and the sample fodder for AudioLayer.

  • edited September 2023

    @VirSyn, After iOS 17.0 and 17.0.1 updates, the Settings button has a lag of more than a few seconds, then you need to rotate the iPad to open the dialog. Can you confirm? Everything else is working fine.

    Edit: XinematiX Standalone version.

  • Can confirm this. Preparing an update this weekend for this and other open bugs

  • @VirSyn said:
    Can confirm this. Preparing an update this weekend for this and other open bugs

    Are you able to test AudioLayer in macOS as an AU in Logic Pro? For whatever reason, it has become much less stable for me and I have to replace it with another plugin in my projects. I'd rather use AudioLayer!

  • @Birdpie said:
    you can save them already to your user folder.

    Please show me multiple user patches within your xinematix user folder.

  • not within your xinematix folder. your normal user folder. what's the point, you can put them where you want, except xinematix folder.

  • @NeuM said:

    @VirSyn said:
    Can confirm this. Preparing an update this weekend for this and other open bugs

    Are you able to test AudioLayer in macOS as an AU in Logic Pro? For whatever reason, it has become much less stable for me and I have to replace it with another plugin in my projects. I'd rather use AudioLayer!

    I assume you mean the latest version ?
    Any chance you have some scenario I can reproduce here ?

  • edited September 2023

    @VirSyn said:

    @NeuM said:

    @VirSyn said:
    Can confirm this. Preparing an update this weekend for this and other open bugs

    Are you able to test AudioLayer in macOS as an AU in Logic Pro? For whatever reason, it has become much less stable for me and I have to replace it with another plugin in my projects. I'd rather use AudioLayer!

    I assume you mean the latest version ?
    Any chance you have some scenario I can reproduce here ?

    I've opened a number of my older macOS-based GarageBand projects and then I get a warning that the AudioLayer plugin failed to load. After I reload the AU manually, it causes the project to become unstable. I've learned to identify problems which will lead to crashes or file corruption and these warnings are one sure sign. My solution so far has been to convert the project to Logic Pro for macOS and to replace AudioLayer with something which provides a similar set of options.

    My apologies for not being able to provide you with a crash log or a more specific descriptions of behaviors other than that... I know it makes your job more difficult without concrete examples.

    And yes, I'm using the latest versions of all software, system, plugins and DAWs.

Sign In or Register to comment.