Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundproof "Sleeping chamber"

13

Comments

  • @Gavinski said:
    Also, from the original post, 'I don't want to move'. Nobody likes moving, I mean packing up all tharlt stuff etc. Trust me, I just went through it. But if you're really looking at spending 5 grand Euro, or similar, it would probably be vastly cheaper to just pay for someone to sort out your whole moving process for you. If this noise is affecting your sleep, it is probably also affecting your enjoyment of your non waking hours as well. Having a quiet environment or at least one with nice noises (unobtrusive nature sounds, waves etc) is really important to my general wellbeing, ability to relax and to be creative. You're probably in that boat too @SevenSystems. Do you really like living in this place so much?

    Yes of course it's also affecting the waking hours. The plan would be to sleep during the day in the sleeping chamber, and then have the night for active enjoyment when it's reasonably quiet, even during harvest season ;) (from ~ 2am to 5am at least! I did always wonder why farmers don't need sleep...)

    I'm in the same boat of course regarding relaxation and creativity... it's all part of the reason why there hasn't been any significant development on my apps recently. (the other is money 😂)

    I do like the place in general, but the road noise is unfortunately killing it!

  • @SevenSystems said:

    @Gavinski said:
    Also, from the original post, 'I don't want to move'. Nobody likes moving, I mean packing up all tharlt stuff etc. Trust me, I just went through it. But if you're really looking at spending 5 grand Euro, or similar, it would probably be vastly cheaper to just pay for someone to sort out your whole moving process for you. If this noise is affecting your sleep, it is probably also affecting your enjoyment of your non waking hours as well. Having a quiet environment or at least one with nice noises (unobtrusive nature sounds, waves etc) is really important to my general wellbeing, ability to relax and to be creative. You're probably in that boat too @SevenSystems. Do you really like living in this place so much?

    Yes of course it's also affecting the waking hours. The plan would be to sleep during the day in the sleeping chamber, and then have the night for active enjoyment when it's reasonably quiet, even during harvest season ;) (from ~ 2am to 5am at least! I did always wonder why farmers don't need sleep...)

    I'm in the same boat of course regarding relaxation and creativity... it's all part of the reason why there hasn't been any significant development on my apps recently. (the other is money 😂)

    I do like the place in general, but the road noise is unfortunately killing it!

    Sounds like you should really just move, honestly! If it's bad enough that you're considering forking out huge sums to sleep in a kind of coffin, it must be bad! And we need you firing on all cylinders so I can finally get that Xequence AU Keys latch / hold update 😉

  • @GUB said:
    On the subjects of ramen, sex, tradition, food obsession, and full frontal noodlety, I’d like to heartily recommend the movie Tampopo.

    There's one I haven't thought about since the 80s. I seem to recall it being very entertaining though.

  • @NoiseHorse said:
    . “There are self-contained white-noise generators, for this very reason:

    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-white-noise-machine/

    However, there're tons of free and cheap appstore apps that do the same thing. They offer various kinds of noise and/or nature/ambient sounds.

    I've been using the Dohm machines for more than two decades now. I much prefer these analog fans to the digital machines. My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points. I'd lie there just waiting for it to loop again.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

    @NoiseHorse said:
    . “There are self-contained white-noise generators, for this very reason:

    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-white-noise-machine/

    However, there're tons of free and cheap appstore apps that do the same thing. They offer various kinds of noise and/or nature/ambient sounds.

    I've been using the Dohm machines for more than two decades now. I much prefer these analog fans to the digital machines. My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points. I'd lie there just waiting for it to loop again.

    The white noise machine I use is an analogue fan one. The digital ones are wretched. Like with real running water vs fake water noise from an app.

    And both a running water machine and an analogue fan white noise machine are still cheaper combined than a sleeping chamber.

    @SevenSystems mate where do you live exactly where the traffic noise is that bad? Are you near a loud motorway? I live in Downtown Milwaukee filled with loads of traffic noise during the day, and I often find myself napping in the late morning/early afternoon with varying success (although it entirely depends on how much coffee or tea I drink when I first wake up).

  • edited September 2023

    If you resize this you can get a double purpose facility. 👀 😁

  • @SevenSystems said:
    Yes of course it's also affecting the waking hours. The plan would be to sleep during the day in the sleeping chamber, and then have the night for active enjoyment when it's reasonably quiet, even during harvest season ;) (from ~ 2am to 5am at least! I did always wonder why farmers don't need sleep...)

    Vampire. I knew it!

  • @wim said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    Yes of course it's also affecting the waking hours. The plan would be to sleep during the day in the sleeping chamber, and then have the night for active enjoyment when it's reasonably quiet, even during harvest season ;) (from ~ 2am to 5am at least! I did always wonder why farmers don't need sleep...)

    Vampire. I knew it!

    You mean Vampyre . 😂

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points.

    I doubt it is possible to contribute a more ABF comment to this thread. Huge respect. 🎖️

  • Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve seen it myself. Maybe not the 80s, but possibly the 90s. But I think I remember it from the 80s and Siskel and Ebert yeah I liked it quite a bit. But context and my life at the time probably had something to do with it as well.

    @GUB said:
    On the subjects of ramen, sex, tradition, food obsession, and full frontal noodlety, I’d like to heartily recommend the movie Tampopo.

    There's one I haven't thought about since the 80s. I seem to recall it being very entertaining though.

  • @SevenSystems said:

    @el_bo said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    that's a dangerous misconception. I get why you think so, but your brain is still processing all the auditory input in the background, and can never fully relax. Even if you think you got used to it, your brain thinks otherwise, and it will show in the shape of slowly deteriorating mental health😥

    Can you quantify “dangerous “? I know you don’t mean it literally (perhaps you do). What you’re saying intuitively makes sense, but I haven’t been able to find anything that this level of awareness and processing correlates with really detrimental outcomes. I may well have missed it, of course.

    Sorry if I sounded a bit "exaggerated"! It will of course not immediately kill you, but as @michael_m has pointed out, sleep really is about relaxing (taking out of action) as many neurons as possible throughout the body to enable them to recover. Any biological (and physical, really) system will wear out with time the more it gets used, and neurons having to transmit information are no exception! :)

    Thanks @michael_m & @SevenSystems

    I wasn't suggesting your use of "dangerous" was an exaggeration. Anything that affects quality of sleep can be dangerous, either in the long-term or as soon as the following day (How many car accidents are caused by under-slept drivers, for instance?). But it's the long-term implications I'm curious about, as I'm wondering what kind of study design could cover it.

    Before you mentioned the phenomenon, I'd never considered it. It does intuitively make sense, however, and would seem to align with my thoughts and experiences within the realm of visual awareness (If what you say is correct, you might have to spend a lot more time in your box than you think ;) )

    And I'm not being lazy. Normally I'd search and dig into the studies, myself. But I'm having to avoid too much screen use at the moment. If you have a particular study that makes a solid case, perhaps you could link it to me.

  • @ervin said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points.

    I doubt it is possible to contribute a more ABF comment to this thread. Huge respect. 🎖️

    :lol:

  • @ervin said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points.

    I doubt it is possible to contribute a more ABF comment to this thread. Huge respect. 🎖️

    Lemme try...

    "Drambo can probably do this" 😂

  • @Gavinski said:

    @ervin said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points.

    I doubt it is possible to contribute a more ABF comment to this thread. Huge respect. 🎖️

    Lemme try...

    "Drambo can probably do this" 😂

    No offence, but it's a distant second, mate 👌

  • @ervin said:

    @Gavinski said:

    @ervin said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points.

    I doubt it is possible to contribute a more ABF comment to this thread. Huge respect. 🎖️

    Lemme try...

    "Drambo can probably do this" 😂

    No offence, but it's a distant second, mate 👌

    Yeah​that joke's a bit stale, but it's definitely very 'ABF'y 😂

  • @Gavinski said:

    @SevenSystems said:

    @Gavinski said:
    Also, from the original post, 'I don't want to move'. Nobody likes moving, I mean packing up all tharlt stuff etc. Trust me, I just went through it. But if you're really looking at spending 5 grand Euro, or similar, it would probably be vastly cheaper to just pay for someone to sort out your whole moving process for you. If this noise is affecting your sleep, it is probably also affecting your enjoyment of your non waking hours as well. Having a quiet environment or at least one with nice noises (unobtrusive nature sounds, waves etc) is really important to my general wellbeing, ability to relax and to be creative. You're probably in that boat too @SevenSystems. Do you really like living in this place so much?

    Yes of course it's also affecting the waking hours. The plan would be to sleep during the day in the sleeping chamber, and then have the night for active enjoyment when it's reasonably quiet, even during harvest season ;) (from ~ 2am to 5am at least! I did always wonder why farmers don't need sleep...)

    I'm in the same boat of course regarding relaxation and creativity... it's all part of the reason why there hasn't been any significant development on my apps recently. (the other is money 😂)

    I do like the place in general, but the road noise is unfortunately killing it!

    Sounds like you should really just move, honestly! If it's bad enough that you're considering forking out huge sums to sleep in a kind of coffin, it must be bad! And we need you firing on all cylinders so I can finally get that Xequence AU Keys latch / hold update 😉

    Yeah, I also need myself firing on more cylinders to be able to survive long-term 😂 but the thought is appreciated!

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

    @NoiseHorse said:
    . “There are self-contained white-noise generators, for this very reason:

    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-white-noise-machine/

    However, there're tons of free and cheap appstore apps that do the same thing. They offer various kinds of noise and/or nature/ambient sounds.

    I've been using the Dohm machines for more than two decades now. I much prefer these analog fans to the digital machines. My mom had a digital machine that actually kept me awake because I could hear the loop points. I'd lie there just waiting for it to loop again.

    The white noise machine I use is an analogue fan one. The digital ones are wretched. Like with real running water vs fake water noise from an app.

    I used to use fans too, i.e. just normal fan heaters etc. but with the heat turned off. I didn't even "actively" use them for "relaxation" in the beginning (just for actual heating), but I soon realized that the noise is so helpful that I just kept them on without heat at some point.

    Regarding "digital ones are wretched" -- it's all about the quality. If you have a PROPER noise app that generates non-repeating truly random noise "live", connected to a PROPER audio system that reproduces the whole frequency range (including importantly bass), then the two are indistinguishable.

    And both a running water machine and an analogue fan white noise machine are still cheaper combined than a sleeping chamber.

    But again, they don't fix the root problem. They just mask it. It's like saying "Hey mate I know I keep banging my knee into tables and it's all bruised up and in pain etc., but I'll just keep taking Valium and I'll be grand!" ;)

    @SevenSystems mate where do you live exactly where the traffic noise is that bad? Are you near a loud motorway? I live in Downtown Milwaukee filled with loads of traffic noise during the day, and I often find myself napping in the late morning/early afternoon with varying success (although it entirely depends on how much coffee or tea I drink when I first wake up).

    It's just very close (50 m) to a fairly busy country road with a large potato truck or tractor with trailer etc. once every few minutes, and a few cars / vans per minute. It's probably not nearly as bad as your situation, but then, people who live in cities probably are so messed up already with all the noise that it doesn't matter anymore 😂 (sorry, I still empathize!)

  • @el_bo said:

    @SevenSystems said:

    @el_bo said:

    @SevenSystems said:
    that's a dangerous misconception. I get why you think so, but your brain is still processing all the auditory input in the background, and can never fully relax. Even if you think you got used to it, your brain thinks otherwise, and it will show in the shape of slowly deteriorating mental health😥

    Can you quantify “dangerous “? I know you don’t mean it literally (perhaps you do). What you’re saying intuitively makes sense, but I haven’t been able to find anything that this level of awareness and processing correlates with really detrimental outcomes. I may well have missed it, of course.

    Sorry if I sounded a bit "exaggerated"! It will of course not immediately kill you, but as @michael_m has pointed out, sleep really is about relaxing (taking out of action) as many neurons as possible throughout the body to enable them to recover. Any biological (and physical, really) system will wear out with time the more it gets used, and neurons having to transmit information are no exception! :)

    Thanks @michael_m & @SevenSystems

    I wasn't suggesting your use of "dangerous" was an exaggeration. Anything that affects quality of sleep can be dangerous, either in the long-term or as soon as the following day (How many car accidents are caused by under-slept drivers, for instance?). But it's the long-term implications I'm curious about, as I'm wondering what kind of study design could cover it.

    Before you mentioned the phenomenon, I'd never considered it. It does intuitively make sense, however, and would seem to align with my thoughts and experiences within the realm of visual awareness (If what you say is correct, you might have to spend a lot more time in your box than you think ;) )

    And I'm not being lazy. Normally I'd search and dig into the studies, myself. But I'm having to avoid too much screen use at the moment. If you have a particular study that makes a solid case, perhaps you could link it to me.

    I have read lots of research over the years so I can't pinpoint any particular source, you'll just have to trust me (or your intuition, which, despite what governments tell people these days, is usually right anyway! ;))

  • @SevenSystems said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The white noise machine I use is an analogue fan one. The digital ones are wretched. Like with real running water vs fake water noise from an app.

    I used to use fans too, i.e. just normal fan heaters etc. but with the heat turned off. I didn't even "actively" use them for "relaxation" in the beginning (just for actual heating), but I soon realized that the noise is so helpful that I just kept them on without heat at some point.

    Yes indeed, those steady incidental white noises such as fans and such are extremely helpful.

    Regarding "digital ones are wretched" -- it's all about the quality. If you have a PROPER noise app that generates non-repeating truly random noise "live", connected to a PROPER audio system that reproduces the whole frequency range (including importantly bass), then the two are indistinguishable.

    Sounds more like brown noise/pink noise than white noise. :) I can adjust my special analogue noise fan generator to soften the high ends if I so choose, and it even comes with two speeds that make softer noise or louder noise. It's rather versatile.

    And both a running water machine and an analogue fan white noise machine are still cheaper combined than a sleeping chamber.

    But again, they don't fix the root problem. They just mask it. It's like saying "Hey mate I know I keep banging my knee into tables and it's all bruised up and in pain etc., but I'll just keep taking Valium and I'll be grand!" ;)

    Yeah that makes sense. But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    @SevenSystems mate where do you live exactly where the traffic noise is that bad? Are you near a loud motorway? I live in Downtown Milwaukee filled with loads of traffic noise during the day, and I often find myself napping in the late morning/early afternoon with varying success (although it entirely depends on how much coffee or tea I drink when I first wake up).

    It's just very close (50 m) to a fairly busy country road with a large potato truck or tractor with trailer etc. once every few minutes, and a few cars / vans per minute. It's probably not nearly as bad as your situation, but then, people who live in cities probably are so messed up already with all the noise that it doesn't matter anymore 😂 (sorry, I still empathize!)

    LOL! You have no damn clue just how messed up I am. 🤪😜 Kidding, kidding.

    Back to the topic at hand. I can see how that can really be disturbing if living out in the country where the general din of the area is much quieter than in the city. Traffic noises do tend to stick out far more in the country than in the city.

    In my city, there's often a steady din of traffic, my flat has thin walls so I can hear whenever my neighbours are snoring/talking/watching the television/screwing/etc rather clearly if not for my noise generator. 😂 (It's an old building built in the 1920s, but it's also classified as an historical landmark. I absolutely love my studio efficiency flat. At roughly 50 sq m, it's Just the right size for me). And with Misophonia (rare hearing sensitivities), I've learned to adapt to my surroundings quite adeptly.

    Honestly though, I'd have a much more difficult time sleeping in complete silence. Noise lets me know that there are other people around in case something happens, and oddly enough that's comforting to me.

    Other methods I do to induce sleep are meditations (I highly recommend Linda Hall's channel on Youtube), and one Delta 9+CBD edible before bed. (I used to take a combo of two Tylenol PM pills and one 0.5mg tablet of Lorazepam before bed, but all those chemicals in my body are no good for me.)

    Of course your mileage may vary. :)

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @SevenSystems said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The white noise machine I use is an analogue fan one. The digital ones are wretched. Like with real running water vs fake water noise from an app.

    I used to use fans too, i.e. just normal fan heaters etc. but with the heat turned off. I didn't even "actively" use them for "relaxation" in the beginning (just for actual heating), but I soon realized that the noise is so helpful that I just kept them on without heat at some point.

    Yes indeed, those steady incidental white noises such as fans and such are extremely helpful.

    Regarding "digital ones are wretched" -- it's all about the quality. If you have a PROPER noise app that generates non-repeating truly random noise "live", connected to a PROPER audio system that reproduces the whole frequency range (including importantly bass), then the two are indistinguishable.

    Sounds more like brown noise/pink noise than white noise. :) I can adjust my special analogue noise fan generator to soften the high ends if I so choose, and it even comes with two speeds that make softer noise or louder noise. It's rather versatile.

    Sounds interesting :) Yes and of course, "white noise" is a total misnomer for most of these machines. White noise is actually pretty unbearable but it probably stuck as some kind of marketing term... ("white" somehow sounds "clean" and desirable and much better than "brown" (poo) noise ;) )

    That's why my own app is called "Pink Noise" more appropriately!

    Back to the topic at hand. I can see how that can really be disturbing if living out in the country where the general din of the area is much quieter than in the city. Traffic noises do tend to stick out far more in the country than in the city.

    In my city, there's often a steady din of traffic, my flat has thin walls so I can hear whenever my neighbours are snoring/talking/watching the television/screwing/etc rather clearly if not for my noise generator. 😂 (It's an old building built in the 1920s, but it's also classified as an historical landmark. I absolutely love my studio efficiency flat. At roughly 50 sq m, it's Just the right size for me). And with Misophonia (rare hearing sensitivities), I've learned to adapt to my surroundings quite adeptly.

    I guess you get used to anything (even if not healthy 🤔) -- I've had that situation a few times and was going completely bonkers after at most a few days. I've spend thousands of euros moving out of such situations in a hurry. If YOU have "misophonia", then I AM misophonia 😂

    Honestly though, I'd have a much more difficult time sleeping in complete silence. Noise lets me know that there are other people around in case something happens, and oddly enough that's comforting to me.

    I can't sleep in complete silence either as I'll then hear the individual atoms moving 😉 a bit of pink noise is required even in "proper" sleeping settings.

    (I'm not making the individual atoms up -- for example, in complete silence, I can hear every single switch-mode power supply individually, and actually can hear what the connected device is currently doing i.e. how much power it is drawing due to the changing sound of the PWM. I mean, this is AMAZING STUFF in an evolutionary sense, i.e. I would totally be the only one to survive in a huge natural disaster or in stone age, but unfortunately it's completely counter-productive in "modern" civilization 😂)

    Other methods I do to induce sleep are meditations (I highly recommend Linda Hall's channel on Youtube), and one Delta 9+CBD edible before bed. (I used to take a combo of two Tylenol PM pills and one 0.5mg tablet of Lorazepam before bed, but all those chemicals in my body are no good for me.)

    No good for anybody. No to dr00gz! ☝

  • @SevenSystems said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @SevenSystems said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    The white noise machine I use is an analogue fan one. The digital ones are wretched. Like with real running water vs fake water noise from an app.

    I used to use fans too, i.e. just normal fan heaters etc. but with the heat turned off. I didn't even "actively" use them for "relaxation" in the beginning (just for actual heating), but I soon realized that the noise is so helpful that I just kept them on without heat at some point.

    Yes indeed, those steady incidental white noises such as fans and such are extremely helpful.

    Regarding "digital ones are wretched" -- it's all about the quality. If you have a PROPER noise app that generates non-repeating truly random noise "live", connected to a PROPER audio system that reproduces the whole frequency range (including importantly bass), then the two are indistinguishable.

    Sounds more like brown noise/pink noise than white noise. :) I can adjust my special analogue noise fan generator to soften the high ends if I so choose, and it even comes with two speeds that make softer noise or louder noise. It's rather versatile.

    Sounds interesting :) Yes and of course, "white noise" is a total misnomer for most of these machines. White noise is actually pretty unbearable but it probably stuck as some kind of marketing term... ("white" somehow sounds "clean" and desirable and much better than "brown" (poo) noise ;) )

    That's why my own app is called "Pink Noise" more appropriately!

    Back to the topic at hand. I can see how that can really be disturbing if living out in the country where the general din of the area is much quieter than in the city. Traffic noises do tend to stick out far more in the country than in the city.

    In my city, there's often a steady din of traffic, my flat has thin walls so I can hear whenever my neighbours are snoring/talking/watching the television/screwing/etc rather clearly if not for my noise generator. 😂 (It's an old building built in the 1920s, but it's also classified as an historical landmark. I absolutely love my studio efficiency flat. At roughly 50 sq m, it's Just the right size for me). And with Misophonia (rare hearing sensitivities), I've learned to adapt to my surroundings quite adeptly.

    I guess you get used to anything (even if not healthy 🤔) -- I've had that situation a few times and was going completely bonkers after at most a few days. I've spend thousands of euros moving out of such situations in a hurry. If YOU have "misophonia", then I AM misophonia 😂

    Honestly though, I'd have a much more difficult time sleeping in complete silence. Noise lets me know that there are other people around in case something happens, and oddly enough that's comforting to me.

    I can't sleep in complete silence either as I'll then hear the individual atoms moving 😉 a bit of pink noise is required even in "proper" sleeping settings.

    (I'm not making the individual atoms up -- for example, in complete silence, I can hear every single switch-mode power supply individually, and actually can hear what the connected device is currently doing i.e. how much power it is drawing due to the changing sound of the PWM. I mean, this is AMAZING STUFF in an evolutionary sense, i.e. I would totally be the only one to survive in a huge natural disaster or in stone age, but unfortunately it's completely counter-productive in "modern" civilization 😂)

    Other methods I do to induce sleep are meditations (I highly recommend Linda Hall's channel on Youtube), and one Delta 9+CBD edible before bed. (I used to take a combo of two Tylenol PM pills and one 0.5mg tablet of Lorazepam before bed, but all those chemicals in my body are no good for me.)

    No good for anybody. No to dr00gz! ☝

    That’s really interesting about your heightened hearing. The only time I have had things similar to this is when I did very intensive silent meditation retreats. The lack of sensory stimulation leads to the ears, eyes, touch, interoception etc working harder than normal as a result - suddenly deprived of stimuli, they seem to think they must be doing something wrong. It leads to all kinds of weird experiences, sometimes fascinating, sometimes hilarious, sometimes scary, for meditators. Of course, the traditions generally interpret these phenomena as signs of progress towards enlightnenment and similar stuff that is in my view a load of old tosh, as they say in Britain. Some Christian mystics would probably see them as signs of the Holy Spirit at work, or similar. A very interesting experience nevertheless. But yes, not one that is necessarily very enjoyable in a high stimulus environment like a super noisy city.

  • edited September 2023

    @SevenSystems said:
    I have read lots of research over the years so I can't pinpoint any particular source, you'll just have to trust me (or your intuition, which, despite what governments tell people these days, is usually right anyway! ;))

    It's not an issue of trust. I have no reason to distrust you. But I do have doubts questions about the science, which you have said you don't remember. Hopefully my eyes will improve soon and I'll dig in.

    Edited to clarify: I believe that the mind is scanning and filtering sound even when we aren't aware of it, same with visual awareness. What I'm interested to know is how experiments would be able to quantify a hard end-point. It's not going to be too difficult to design short-term experiments that test mental acuity after various different sound exposures. But this is alway going to be new stimuli that's introduced for testing, and so presumably will arouse heightened attention. But it would be impossible to test whether over the longer-term the mind wouldn't also tune-out what it has already deemed unimportant noise.

    How could hey predict that over years, decades etc. that the end-point is such a complete burnout?

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

  • @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

    Well, sometimes I emanate certain smells mid-sleep, rofl. :lol:

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

    Well, sometimes I emanate certain smells mid-sleep, rofl. :lol:

    Sleeping gas? :lol:

  • @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

    Well, sometimes I emanate certain smells mid-sleep, rofl. :lol:

    Sleeping gas? :lol:

    It could knock a person out. 🤣

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

    Well, sometimes I emanate certain smells mid-sleep, rofl. :lol:

    Sleeping gas? :lol:

    It could knock a person out. 🤣

    Maybe you should bottle it and send it to @SevenSystems . Sounds like it would solve his problems.

  • @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

    Well, sometimes I emanate certain smells mid-sleep, rofl. :lol:

    Sleeping gas? :lol:

    More like smelling salts as far as any partners are concerned, most likely 😂

  • @Gavinski said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

    Well, sometimes I emanate certain smells mid-sleep, rofl. :lol:

    Sleeping gas? :lol:

    More like smelling salts as far as any partners are concerned, most likely 😂

    🤣🤣🤣

  • @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @michael_m said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    But sometimes masking the noise with your own noise generator(s) really does help.

    Are you suggesting he use his own bodily emanations to help with sleep? :lol:

    Well, sometimes I emanate certain smells mid-sleep, rofl. :lol:

    Sleeping gas? :lol:

    It could knock a person out. 🤣

    Maybe you should bottle it and send it to @SevenSystems . Sounds like it would solve his problems.

    Hahahaha! 😂 Oh dear, lol.

Sign In or Register to comment.