Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ButterSynth Update Version 1.02

12357

Comments

  • edited September 2023

    @espiegel123 said:

    @gregsmith said:

    @espiegel123 said:
    If @gregsmith were ok with it, I think they would be great if included as a set that comes with ButterSynth.

    IMO, the presets that come with ButterSynth are a pretty reasonable set of presets. I can see a case for wanting a set of basics included but find it hard to see what is currently included as being unreasonable.

    They’re in the Recollection folder in the latest release

    So, "problem" solved!

    lol was never a problem, but yeah, now just change the name of Greg’s Recollection folder to Buttersynth\Factory Presets! 😂😅

    Edit: here’s what I’m saying, if I were publishing a synth, and marketing it, I’d really like to offer it to a wider audience with features for advanced users of course, but also some beginner friendly presets that newbies can have fun with, and start off with some familiar synth sounds.

    Was never a problem, just me thinking out loud and sharing my 7.5 cents.

  • edited September 2023

    OK, this sunset theme is enough to conclude this revisualized Butter Synth session. @dendy Can you send all of them to Arto so he can have good starting points for the dark theme at least?

    I'm doing this because it's fun and to sharpen my skills, and seeing you all enjoy it too makes it even better. Thank you all for the compliments! 🤩🫶

  • @Luxthor said:
    OK, this sunset theme is enough to conclude this revisualized Butter Synth session. @dendy Can you send all of them to Arto so he can have good starting points for the dark theme at least?

    I'm doing this because it's fun and to sharpen my skills, and seeing you all enjoy it too makes it even better. Thank you all for the compliments! 🤩🫶

    i send him even your AB nick so hope if he at some point decide that it is worth to invest time to implement skins, he can contact you for details ;)

  • runs smooth here so far. any chance to get a key random modulator?
    and free running lfo's ?

  • are the osc in buttersynth always reset the phase? unless you modulate the phase?

  • edited September 2023

    @Birdpie said:
    runs smooth here so far. any chance to get a key random modulator?
    and free running lfo's ?

    You mean LFOs without tempo sync ? Curve Envelopes can be used as non-synced LFO (they have free run mode) - thing about CE as LFO on steroids ;)

    regarding ranom - LFOs do have random mode - change shape to Random L or random S (L is smoothed and S isncoassic sample and hold). Combine it with retrig mode “New notel”and set speed tomvery slow to get random value for everybnew note which then holds and does ‘t change during whole time of holding note..

  • @dendy said:
    i send him even your AB nick so hope if he at some point decide that it is worth to invest time to implement skins, he can contact you for details ;)

    Thank you. I’m very aware that painting pixels is not Arto's main priority at the moment. 🤫 At least we can have fun!

  • @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    runs smooth here so far. any chance to get a key random modulator?
    and free running lfo's ?

    You mean LFOs without tempo sync ? Curve Envelopes can be used as non-synced LFO (they have free run mode) - thing about CE as LFO on steroids ;)

    regarding ranom - LFOs do have random mode - change shape to Random L or random S (L is smoothed and S isncoassic sample and hold). Combine it with retrig mode “New notel”and set speed tomvery slow to get random value for everybnew note which then holds and does ‘t change during whole time of holding note..

    thanks!

  • @Luxthor said:
    OK, this sunset theme is enough to conclude this revisualized Butter Synth session. @dendy Can you send all of them to Arto so he can have good starting points for the dark theme at least?

    I'm doing this because it's fun and to sharpen my skills, and seeing you all enjoy it too makes it even better. Thank you all for the compliments! 🤩🫶

    Oh. A nice subtle polished wood theme UI would be nice.

  • edited September 2023

    How do I save presets and wavetables by default to iCloud?

  • stand-alone arp and curve envelope are not in sync, both at 1/4.
    someone else got this?

  • @dendy said:

    @Luxthor said:
    OK, this sunset theme is enough to conclude this revisualized Butter Synth session. @dendy Can you send all of them to Arto so he can have good starting points for the dark theme at least?

    I'm doing this because it's fun and to sharpen my skills, and seeing you all enjoy it too makes it even better. Thank you all for the compliments! 🤩🫶

    i send him even your AB nick so hope if he at some point decide that it is worth to invest time to implement skins, he can contact you for details ;)

    I believe it's not Arto himself doing the GUI (or UI), see the 'About' screen in settings. Concluding he'll have to pay those gentlemen to get it done.

  • edited September 2023

    @Birdpie said:
    stand-alone arp and curve envelope are not in sync, both at 1/4.
    someone else got this?

    can you give example of your patch where it is not in sync ?

    i guess it’s just some setting, for example did you change curve env RETRIG from global to “new note” ?

  • @Pxlhg said:

    @dendy said:

    @Luxthor said:
    OK, this sunset theme is enough to conclude this revisualized Butter Synth session. @dendy Can you send all of them to Arto so he can have good starting points for the dark theme at least?

    I'm doing this because it's fun and to sharpen my skills, and seeing you all enjoy it too makes it even better. Thank you all for the compliments! 🤩🫶

    i send him even your AB nick so hope if he at some point decide that it is worth to invest time to implement skins, he can contact you for details ;)

    I believe it's not Arto himself doing the GUI (or UI), see the 'About' screen in settings. Concluding he'll have to pay those gentlemen to get it done.

    You are right! Those professionals are:

    • GUI design by Satya Choudhury | SatyaTunes
    • UI layout Anders Hedstrom | Flavours of Lime

    We don’t know what kind of arrangement he had or what final material he got. Our intention is not to interfere with those relationships or diminish their involvement in the project. And Arto still needs to code that specific functionality, no matter what.

    We just want, as proactive customers, one dark theme. There is a possibility that he could pack the graphical assets folder from his IDE so we could manipulate it for free. In the spirit of community goodwill.

  • @Luxthor said:

    @Pxlhg said:

    @dendy said:

    @Luxthor said:
    OK, this sunset theme is enough to conclude this revisualized Butter Synth session. @dendy Can you send all of them to Arto so he can have good starting points for the dark theme at least?

    I'm doing this because it's fun and to sharpen my skills, and seeing you all enjoy it too makes it even better. Thank you all for the compliments! 🤩🫶

    i send him even your AB nick so hope if he at some point decide that it is worth to invest time to implement skins, he can contact you for details ;)

    I believe it's not Arto himself doing the GUI (or UI), see the 'About' screen in settings. Concluding he'll have to pay those gentlemen to get it done.

    You are right! Those professionals are:

    • GUI design by Satya Choudhury | SatyaTunes
    • UI layout Anders Hedstrom | Flavours of Lime

    We don’t know what kind of arrangement he had or what final material he got. Our intention is not to interfere with those relationships or diminish their involvement in the project. And Arto still needs to code that specific functionality, no matter what.

    We just want, as proactive customers, one dark theme. There is a possibility that he could pack the graphical assets folder from his IDE so we could manipulate it for free. In the spirit of community goodwill.

    Well, my personal opinion is (and you know I'm a graphics guy) he should trash that old image based system altogether. ButterSynth uses huge images for the interface and it's one bad resource hog. I think the reason all Tonebooster apps have multiple colour selectors is the opposite, no images used at all, or at least in a much smarter way. I might be wrong about that last claim but I don't think so.

  • @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    stand-alone arp and curve envelope are not in sync, both at 1/4.
    someone else got this?

    can you give example of your patch where it is not in sync ?

    i guess it’s just some setting, for example did you change curve env RETRIG from global to “new note” ?

    hey, i tried all retrig. settings. it just falls apart after some time (stand-alone/hold a note)

  • @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    stand-alone arp and curve envelope are not in sync, both at 1/4.
    someone else got this?

    can you give example of your patch where it is not in sync ?

    i guess it’s just some setting, for example did you change curve env RETRIG from global to “new note” ?

    hey, i tried all retrig. settings. it just falls apart after some time (stand-alone/hold a note)

    can you share some preset which demonstrates this issue ? I can’t reproduce it

  • @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    stand-alone arp and curve envelope are not in sync, both at 1/4.
    someone else got this?

    can you give example of your patch where it is not in sync ?

    i guess it’s just some setting, for example did you change curve env RETRIG from global to “new note” ?

    hey, i tried all retrig. settings. it just falls apart after some time (stand-alone/hold a note)

    can you share some preset which demonstrates this issue ? I can’t reproduce it

    that's the next thing. how do i export a preset? on my iphone i can only see "close" or save preset.

  • ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    kik.zip 17.9K
  • edited September 2023

    @Birdpie said:
    ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    hm .. 10 minutes playing and perfectly in sync …

  • @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    hm .. 10 minutes playing and perfectly in sync …

    that's strange.... stand-alone?
    btw, what is the difference between wt1 pitch and wt1 semitones modulation destiny?

  • edited September 2023

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    hm .. 10 minutes playing and perfectly in sync …

    that's strange.... stand-alone?

    yes, standalone, on iphone..

    btw, what is the difference between wt1 pitch and wt1 semitones modulation destiny?

    pitch is continuous and semi has stepped values .. you can hear it when you make very slow sweep

  • @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    hm .. 10 minutes playing and perfectly in sync …

    that's strange.... stand-alone?

    yes, standalone, on iphone..

    btw, what is the difference between wt1 pitch and wt1 semitones modulation destiny?

    pitch is continuous and semi has stepped values .. you can hear it when you make very slow sweep

    ah ok, thanks!
    can't get a proper "psy" kick from buttersynth for now.
    the way the envelopes pitch the osc sounds weird. have to spend more time though.

  • @Pxlhg said:

    @Luxthor said:

    @Pxlhg said:

    @dendy said:

    @Luxthor said:
    OK, this sunset theme is enough to conclude this revisualized Butter Synth session. @dendy Can you send all of them to Arto so he can have good starting points for the dark theme at least?

    I'm doing this because it's fun and to sharpen my skills, and seeing you all enjoy it too makes it even better. Thank you all for the compliments! 🤩🫶

    i send him even your AB nick so hope if he at some point decide that it is worth to invest time to implement skins, he can contact you for details ;)

    I believe it's not Arto himself doing the GUI (or UI), see the 'About' screen in settings. Concluding he'll have to pay those gentlemen to get it done.

    You are right! Those professionals are:

    • GUI design by Satya Choudhury | SatyaTunes
    • UI layout Anders Hedstrom | Flavours of Lime

    We don’t know what kind of arrangement he had or what final material he got. Our intention is not to interfere with those relationships or diminish their involvement in the project. And Arto still needs to code that specific functionality, no matter what.

    We just want, as proactive customers, one dark theme. There is a possibility that he could pack the graphical assets folder from his IDE so we could manipulate it for free. In the spirit of community goodwill.

    Well, my personal opinion is (and you know I'm a graphics guy) he should trash that old image based system altogether. ButterSynth uses huge images for the interface and it's one bad resource hog. I think the reason all Tonebooster apps have multiple colour selectors is the opposite, no images used at all, or at least in a much smarter way. I might be wrong about that last claim but I don't think so.

    It depends on the graphic framework he implemented. The bitmaps used in BS are minuscule for today's processors. Ironically, all those graphics are used to create a light, clean look. ;)

  • @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    hm .. 10 minutes playing and perfectly in sync …

    that's strange.... stand-alone?

    yes, standalone, on iphone..

    btw, what is the difference between wt1 pitch and wt1 semitones modulation destiny?

    pitch is continuous and semi has stepped values .. you can hear it when you make very slow sweep

    ah ok, thanks!
    can't get a proper "psy" kick from buttersynth for now.
    the way the envelopes pitch the osc sounds weird. have to spend more time though.

    no, BS is not ideal for this type of sounds.. but that’s ok, for this purpose inhave now drambo, it’s just perfect, drum synth of dreams :-)

  • @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    hm .. 10 minutes playing and perfectly in sync …

    that's strange.... stand-alone?

    yes, standalone, on iphone..

    btw, what is the difference between wt1 pitch and wt1 semitones modulation destiny?

    pitch is continuous and semi has stepped values .. you can hear it when you make very slow sweep

    ah ok, thanks!
    can't get a proper "psy" kick from buttersynth for now.
    the way the envelopes pitch the osc sounds weird. have to spend more time though.

    no, BS is not ideal for this type of sounds.. but that’s ok, for this purpose inhave now drambo, it’s just perfect, drum synth of dreams :-)

    iam going to get drambo as well.
    the pitch modulation with a envelope just sounds weird with headphones.
    even with full oversampling it sound a bit like mp3 artifacts.

  • edited September 2023

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:

    @dendy said:

    @Birdpie said:
    ok, found it in the buttersynth folder.
    hold a note (c1 or c0) and start fiddle around with the curve to adjust the kiks pitch.
    after some time arp and curve envelope running apart. (at least here)

    hm .. 10 minutes playing and perfectly in sync …

    that's strange.... stand-alone?

    yes, standalone, on iphone..

    btw, what is the difference between wt1 pitch and wt1 semitones modulation destiny?

    pitch is continuous and semi has stepped values .. you can hear it when you make very slow sweep

    ah ok, thanks!
    can't get a proper "psy" kick from buttersynth for now.
    the way the envelopes pitch the osc sounds weird. have to spend more time though.

    no, BS is not ideal for this type of sounds.. but that’s ok, for this purpose inhave now drambo, it’s just perfect, drum synth of dreams :-)

    iam going to get drambo as well.
    the pitch modulation with a envelope just sounds weird with headphones.
    even with full oversampling it sound a bit like mp3 artifacts.

    it’s because rate of modulation signals is much much lower than audio rate .. So with fast pitch modulation there is stepping effect even for continuous signals like pitch.

    This is common optimalisation for such complex synths - if BS had audio rate modulation signals then most of patches will kill all CPU when playing polyphonic sound even on M1 :-)

  • is there a ios synth that does audio rate modulation well?
    i almost don't know any desktop synth that doeso a basic kick with artifacts.

  • @Birdpie said:
    is there a ios synth that does audio rate modulation well?
    i almost don't know any desktop synth that doeso a basic kick with artifacts.

    Drambo or Mirack

Sign In or Register to comment.