Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PSA: Urgent warning to Apple users as spyware infiltrates devices with zero clicks

Apple users are being urged to update their products immediately to protect against a powerful new spyware that infiltrated devices without any clicks.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/07/apple-zero-day-bug-spyware-update-19466522/
https://9to5mac.com/2023/09/07/apple-fixed-zero-day-exploit-used-by-pegasus-spyware-with-ios-16-6-1/

Comments

  • Thanks… updating now.. 16.6.1

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @wim 👍🏻

  • @tja said:
    Thanks, @wim
    Updating iPads now ... but my poor iPhone 6s did not get a new iOS 15 😭

    Apple sometimes also release updates for older devices and iOS versions in very urgent cases.

  • It could also be that older OS versions don’t have the same vulnerability

  • By the way, you gotta love the fact that the most important benefit of the new iOS update, according to Apple itself based on the fact that they lead with it, is that "This update introduces 21 new emoji". 😶

  • Always good to patch an exploit, but if I'm the target of somebody using Pegasus, the security of my phone is the least of my worries! ;-)

  • @ervin said:
    By the way, you gotta love the fact that the most important benefit of the new iOS update, according to Apple itself based on the fact that they lead with it, is that "This update introduces 21 new emoji". 😶

    It's almost as if they actually embraced the meme 😄

  • @SevenSystems said:

    @ervin said:
    By the way, you gotta love the fact that the most important benefit of the new iOS update, according to Apple itself based on the fact that they lead with it, is that "This update introduces 21 new emoji". 😶

    It's almost as if they actually embraced the meme 😄

    👌

  • edited September 2023

    .

  • @klownshed said:
    Always good to patch an exploit, but if I'm the target of somebody using Pegasus, the security of my phone is the least of my worries! ;-)

    ☝️

  • How do I update my (still functional) 7yo iPhone SE to ios16.6 so it can be exploited? I mean, to support the developers

  • It’s important that we have such updates, though I don’t quite like the “OMG UPDATE RIGHT NOW OR A DISASTER WILL HAPPEN” narrative in the media headlines. There are basically two situations:
    1) You are a very important person and are likely to be targeted. In such a case you’d better be using Lockdown Mode and a set of additional precautions instead of relying on the security updates alone. At any point in time there still remain some unpatched exploitable vulnerabilities.
    2) You are not. The incentive of organizing a complicated attack against you is questionable. In the meantime there is a significant probability that Apple messes something up with the update and even revokes it despite the risk of the attacks. iOS 16.5 broke camera adapter crucial for many iOS musicians, iOS 16.5.1 (a) broke many websites and was revoked, macOS 13.5 broke location services - and these are all very recent examples. Obviously, everyone should evaluate risks for themselves, now, in my opinion it’s fine to wait a few days just to be sure there are no major bugs reported.

  • Is it only through iMessage they get you? What if you have it off/never use it?

  • wimwim
    edited September 2023

    @pedro said:
    How do I update my (still functional) 7yo iPhone SE to ios16.6 so it can be exploited? I mean, to support the developers

    You can't.

    [edit] .... and five minutes later I finally got your joke. 🙄😂

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tja said:

    @aoverflow said:
    It’s important that we have such updates, though I don’t quite like the “OMG UPDATE RIGHT NOW OR A DISASTER WILL HAPPEN” narrative in the media headlines. There are basically two situations:
    1) You are a very important person and are likely to be targeted. In such a case you’d better be using Lockdown Mode and a set of additional precautions instead of relying on the security updates alone. At any point in time there still remain some unpatched exploitable vulnerabilities.
    2) You are not. The incentive of organizing a complicated attack against you is questionable. In the meantime there is a significant probability that Apple messes something up with the update and even revokes it despite the risk of the attacks. iOS 16.5 broke camera adapter crucial for many iOS musicians, iOS 16.5.1 (a) broke many websites and was revoked, macOS 13.5 broke location services - and these are all very recent examples. Obviously, everyone should evaluate risks for themselves, now, in my opinion it’s fine to wait a few days just to be sure there are no major bugs reported.

    Yes, probably.
    But then, as I read it, a manipulated image may be enough?
    So there could be prominent websites (Facebook, Twitter, ...)affected and therefor many people get hacked.
    But maybe I misunderstood and you need to get targeted.

    Google the Pegasus project. It's a very costly and targeted Spyware service, not designed for just monitoring people willy nilly. Imo anyone who doesn't want to update their ipad for whatever reason will be safe not to do so, as far as this particular exploit is concerned, unless they legitimately think they're high profile enough for a government or similarly powerful individual or organisation to be prepared to fork out considerable sums to spy on them

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2023

    thx for the info, updating now

    .. my mini 2 is still on 12.5.7 :) no updates available, but this one is only used as a reader now or when I go to the park

  • @tja said:

    @Gavinski said:

    @tja said:

    @aoverflow said:
    It’s important that we have such updates, though I don’t quite like the “OMG UPDATE RIGHT NOW OR A DISASTER WILL HAPPEN” narrative in the media headlines. There are basically two situations:
    1) You are a very important person and are likely to be targeted. In such a case you’d better be using Lockdown Mode and a set of additional precautions instead of relying on the security updates alone. At any point in time there still remain some unpatched exploitable vulnerabilities.
    2) You are not. The incentive of organizing a complicated attack against you is questionable. In the meantime there is a significant probability that Apple messes something up with the update and even revokes it despite the risk of the attacks. iOS 16.5 broke camera adapter crucial for many iOS musicians, iOS 16.5.1 (a) broke many websites and was revoked, macOS 13.5 broke location services - and these are all very recent examples. Obviously, everyone should evaluate risks for themselves, now, in my opinion it’s fine to wait a few days just to be sure there are no major bugs reported.

    Yes, probably.
    But then, as I read it, a manipulated image may be enough?
    So there could be prominent websites (Facebook, Twitter, ...)affected and therefor many people get hacked.
    But maybe I misunderstood and you need to get targeted.

    Google the Pegasus project. It's a very costly and targeted Spyware service, not designed for just monitoring people willy nilly. Imo anyone who doesn't want to update their ipad for whatever reason will be safe not to do so, as far as this particular exploit is concerned, unless they legitimately think they're high profile enough for a government or similarly powerful individual or organisation to be prepared to fork out considerable sums to spy on them

    You are confused 2 things here:

    This may have been used by people who have Pegasus in their portfolio and use it to target people.

    But they simply exploit a vulnerability in the OS, that can be used by anybody who is aware of it!

    My understanding is that the exact technical details needed to reproduce the BLASTPASS chain or one of the relevant vulnerabilities is not public information. And it’s probably not in the interest of Apple, Citizenlab nor NSO to make them available as of now. Though Citizenlab wrote “We expect to publish a more detailed discussion of the exploit chain in the future.” So I guess waiting a few days and probably weeks is fine, but maybe don’t ignore the updates altogether either if the device contains anything important

  • Ah, @tja OK, I think the article I read was maybe lacking some details, thnx for clarifying

  • Cheers saw the update, gonna do asap.

  • iOS 15.7.9 is released and appears to fix this vulnerability for those with devices limited to iOS 15.

Sign In or Register to comment.