Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why does my DM1 drum app route through Jamup guitar app?

edited September 2014 in Support and Feedback

Every time I plug my guitar into jamup stand alone it is fine but when I go through audiobus it gets feedback and my drum machine, as well as any other apps, seems be routed and processed through jamup as well. Why is this?

Comments

• Jamup doesn't know what to do with audio when Audiobus is opened. You have to put Jamup somewhere in your Audiobus chain in order to fix it.

Better yet, always open up Audiobus first, set your buffer size, then launch apps from within Audiobus. This generally helps things work more smoothly.

• edited September 2014

I make sure all apps are closed and launch audiobus first. Then I launch jamup as an input from within audiobus then DM1 as another input and sometimes a moog synth after that as an additional input. I have them all routed out to Loopy HD. It sounds to me like all outs are routing back in to jamup thus creating a feedback loop. How do I just get my guitar through jamup and all other apps straigh to Loopy?

• Are they all separate paths or are you assigning multiple inputs to one path through to loopy?

• I am having the same issue. I am adding "Rock Drum Machine" which has both Audiobus and InterApp support to the IN position of Audiobus and Jamup Pro XT to the OUT position but I only hear the drum machine horribly distorted. If I take Jamup Pro out of the configuration the drum machine sounds fine. It's processing the drum sound through the amp models. There has to be a way to get it directly to the recording component of Jamup Pro or any other IOS recording app.

• edited January 2015

You need to have the drum app on a seperate lane from JamUp Pro. Getting the option to have seperate lanes is the Multi-Routing IAP in Audiobus.