Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iKaossilator update, EDM sound set IAP + Ableton Project Export

I sooo wanna play with new sounds in iKaossilator but I'm not that much into EDM. In the Sound Library there's slots for 7 more sound sets. I hope they'll start releasing those soon and often.

Comments

• see this too,
    did anyone purchase the EDM Set?

from the korg site:
    "40 cutting-edge EDM sounds that are standards in the mainstream of today's music scene, including dubstep, progressive house, and electro..."

Did you like it?
    what sounds/loops are inside?

hmm 2,69€ for a set: for all sets would be 21, 52€.....much, for my opinion....

• edited September 2014

You can audition the pack from within the app. Nothing much there did it for me though.
    Of course you can import your own loops via AudioCopy or file sharing.

• edited September 2014

iKaossilator is pretty neat but I do wonder when Korg is going to add iKaossilator as a 'Gadget' inside Korg Gadget. I love the sounds but it would be more intuitive to edit the sequences 'Gadget-Style'. Polyphony would be nice too...

I miss 'grid lines' in the pad which would make it a lot easier to hit the right notes similar to what is already present in Propellerheads Figure. And while they are at it, add a grid editor too to add and remove notes :)

• @samu your right,

but its a funbox, i like it...

• Yep. I agree. iKossilator was a fantastic app to 'get me started' making music a little under a year ago. But now it just feels limited, mainly because there's a very limited set of sounds and no midi-out (which would be great).

What I have used it for, though - is quickly trying out different lead hooks while on the bus. Import a loop of your main track in as an audio file, then quickly try out different lead riffs until something sounds right.

The annoying thing, however, is I then have to export the riff as audio and put it through midi-morphosis to work out which notes are being played (not being able identify it by ear). Or use the riff as is, as a sample.

• Landscape-mode!!!

• Fixed the issues with loop sharing! I certainly hope so! Going to try again now.

• @obiwahnkentobi said:

see this too,

"40 cutting-edge EDM sounds that are standards in the mainstream of today's music scene, including dubstep, progressive house, and electro..."

Or they WERE cutting edge sounds until everyone used them and they became standard.

• Ouch (yeah and the truth hurts :)....

• Loop sharing seems to work now! It is slowly adding other users tracks finally again. I like using them for remixing.

• how could a 3.0 version not have Audiobus? Did I miss something?

• edited September 2014

Odd little app actually. I've gone back to it three or four times now (with a few months gap in between each time) and it's always a little better than the last time, which I think means I'M a little better than the last time and the constraint that's certainly there in some aspects is less irksome because of the original noise I can make; not always exactly replicable but who cares once you've snagged it....

• @Hmtx said:

how could a 3.0 version not have Audiobus? Did I miss something?

I just played with it in the input slot and it worked fine.

• Had AB in V2 way back in 2012

• can it be added as effect part in AB?

• edited September 2014

for what? no fx inside!

• @Goozoon said:

can it be added as effect part in AB?

No, it has no effects

• edited September 2014

sorry guys, I had done a quick text search and didn't find "Audiobus" in the app description. I guess I did in fact miss something.

• A couple more mixes were added last night.

• The new loops added daily as o late are a real nice addition. They are still coming in!

• Landscape - mode!!!!!!

• @Samu said:

iKaossilator is pretty neat but I do wonder when Korg is going to add iKaossilator as a 'Gadget' inside Korg Gadget. I love the sounds but it would be more intuitive to edit the sequences 'Gadget-Style'. Polyphony would be nice too...

I miss 'grid lines' in the pad which would make it a lot easier to hit the right notes similar to what is already present in Propellerheads Figure. And while they are at it, add a grid editor too to add and remove notes :)

Yeah, I'd like all of these, but can see they may not be in 'the vision for the product' etc etc. At least grid lines (even if only toggled etc) would make a HUGE damn difference.

• Gridlines would be cool and an on board Audiobus compatible sampler might be handy also.

• The gridlines would be super handy. If you mess around enough it makes sense without them however. I'm glad that this update happened because I hadn't played with it in a long time, and even at 9.99 on sale it seemed kind of like a bummer of an app. However, when you get used to using it as a more of a performance tool, it's pretty cool. Here's a little chip tune, electropop track I did this afternoon.

• I think the thing that would make this more immediately or consistently usable would be some kind of mixer between the tracks, even if only for getting some volume between the samples. I seem to remember being able to do this before, but am probably getting mixed up between my apps. And perhaps the very reason Korg don't/didn't add this capability is to encourage you instead to buy Gadget etc., but it undermines the easy use of this application and thus does it more likely fall into disuse...