Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

3 months and NO Logic Pro 4 iPad update?!?

1235711

Comments

  • @realdawei said:
    I think the praise vs criticism of LP4i has been reasonably balanced by the numbers.

    Just a couple of overly vociferous critics with an obvious agenda to simply undermine it at all costs.

    On the opposite end there are a handful that defend it to their last breath and argue any time something negative comes up. Both extremes are getting old.

  • edited September 2023

    @HotStrange said:

    I was never gonna leave the iPad OS environment anyway but seeing Logic come to the iPad did give me more hope for the longevity of it all and kinda makes it seem like it’s just getting started.

    Hopefully the low hanging fruit such as the lack of remembering settings, missing Multi-Sampler and Alchemy UIs will get addressed soon. I wish they'd add in the screens feature that Logic on Mac had since version 1 where you can set up your screen and easily change it depending on your task. I still use that feature on the Mac to this day even on my 27" monitor. A little popup menu in the transport bar to switch screens would be cool.

    I'm working on a couple of tracks at the moment but once they're done I'm planning to challenge myself to make a track in Logic, with excessive use of the Vocoder, on the iPad from start to finish. I am looking forward to using some of my iOS only audio plugins that I've spent a fortune on over the years but hardly used :lol:

  • @HotStrange said:

    @realdawei said:
    I think the praise vs criticism of LP4i has been reasonably balanced by the numbers.

    Just a couple of overly vociferous critics with an obvious agenda to simply undermine it at all costs.

    On the opposite end there are a handful that defend it to their last breath and argue any time something negative comes up. Both extremes are getting old.

    I completely agree, and thankfully, only a small percentage of them go so far as to criticize other people's choices. It's one thing to make comments about app features, but it's completely different to disrespect other people's personal preferences. 😇

  • While I'm quite firmly rooted in 'Camp Logic' it's by no means perfect, far from it...
    ...I would not be 'Me' if I was unable to find anything that couldn't be improved :sunglasses:

  • @Samu said:
    While I'm quite firmly rooted in 'Camp Logic' it's by no means perfect, far from it...
    ...I would not be 'Me' if I was unable to find anything that couldn't be improved :sunglasses:

    You 😎 are excellent examples of extraordinary gentlemen, you can criticize the app's flaws while also praising its strengths while fully respecting developers and other personal preferences. Don't worry, I'm not going to tattoo your avatar on my shoulder, haha! 😂

  • edited September 2023

    @klownshed said:
    Hopefully the low hanging fruit such as the lack of remembering settings, missing Multi-Sampler and Alchemy UIs will get addressed soon.

    just solving this 3 things would make me subscribe … not as “super excited fanboy” like some people here :-) but as “ok, now it is actually usable for my workflow, hope they fix other stuff later”- type of user :-)

    I wish they'd add in the screens feature that Logic on Mac had since version 1 where you can set up your screen and easily change it depending on your task.

    Yeah this would be literally game changer.

  • I think I'm unashamedly in the super-excited fanboy cohort. I'm just really happy to have such a great DAW on the iPad.

    There are some issues, but the only one that really annoys me is the timing bug when converting from the timeline to Live Loops, that one one does affect me quite badly because it makes Live Loops unusable if you start on the regular timeline. The rest I can live with.

  • @richardyot said:
    I think I'm unashamedly in the super-excited fanboy cohort. I'm just really happy to have such a great DAW on the iPad.

    There are some issues, but the only one that really annoys me is the timing bug when converting from the timeline to Live Loops, that one one does affect me quite badly because it makes Live Loops unusable if you start on the regular timeline. The rest I can live with.

    I’ve had that happen on the Mac. I think there was a fix for it by manually changing some of the cell settings. I’ll have a play when I have time and see if I can remember what to do (or if in fact it even works at all :lol:).

    The thing that makes me frustrated is hitting the back arrow at the top of the parameter palette as I keep thinking that’s part of the info box thing. whatever it’s called. I keep dumping myself out of the project! Not a bug but by far my biggest annoyance!

  • @dendy said:

    @klownshed said:
    Hopefully the low hanging fruit such as the lack of remembering settings, missing Multi-Sampler and Alchemy UIs will get addressed soon.

    just solving this 3 things would make me subscribe … not as “super excited fanboy” like some people here :-) but as “ok, now it is actually usable for my workflow, hope they fix other stuff later”- type of user :-)

    I wish they'd add in the screens feature that Logic on Mac had since version 1 where you can set up your screen and easily change it depending on your task.

    Yeah this would be literally game changer.

    I used to use Logic v1 on a Mac Classic with 9” black and white 512 pixel CRT! You can guess how indispensable screens feature was back then!

  • @klownshed said:
    The thing that makes me frustrated is hitting the back arrow at the top of the parameter palette as I keep thinking that’s part of the info box thing. whatever it’s called. I keep dumping myself out of the project! Not a bug but by far my biggest annoyance!

    I never accidentally hit that, luckily - but it does remind me of another annoying bug: when I exit a project that I've been working on for more than 5 minutes, Logic will crash, every time.

  • @richardyot said:
    I think I'm unashamedly in the super-excited fanboy cohort. I'm just really happy to have such a great DAW on the iPad.

    There are some issues, but the only one that really annoys me is the timing bug when converting from the timeline to Live Loops, that one one does affect me quite badly because it makes Live Loops unusable if you start on the regular timeline. The rest I can live with.

    12 Sep. is close enough that I’m more excited for the patch than the app itself! 😂

  • @Luxthor said:

    @richardyot said:
    I think I'm unashamedly in the super-excited fanboy cohort. I'm just really happy to have such a great DAW on the iPad.

    There are some issues, but the only one that really annoys me is the timing bug when converting from the timeline to Live Loops, that one one does affect me quite badly because it makes Live Loops unusable if you start on the regular timeline. The rest I can live with.

    12 Sep. is close enough that I’m more excited for the patch than the app itself! 😂

    There's no guarantee of a patch on that date though, more likely to be about the new phone. Maybe the patch comes with the iOS 17 announcement, but I wouldn't hold your breath 😉

  • @richardyot said:

    @Luxthor said:

    @richardyot said:
    I think I'm unashamedly in the super-excited fanboy cohort. I'm just really happy to have such a great DAW on the iPad.

    There are some issues, but the only one that really annoys me is the timing bug when converting from the timeline to Live Loops, that one one does affect me quite badly because it makes Live Loops unusable if you start on the regular timeline. The rest I can live with.

    12 Sep. is close enough that I’m more excited for the patch than the app itself! 😂

    There's no guarantee of a patch on that date though, more likely to be about the new phone. Maybe the patch comes with the iOS 17 announcement, but I wouldn't hold your breath 😉

    Hope Dies Last!

    L'espoir ne meurt jamais!

    Die Hoffnung stirbt als letztes!

    A remény hal meg utoljára!

    La speranza è l'ultima a morire!

    Nadzieja umiera ostatnia!

    Nádej umiera posledná!

    Nada Umire Posljednja!

    🤩

  • For first release it’s prob the most rounded app. Improvements are coming I’m sure especially with os17 coming around. Usually that’s how they upgraded GarageBand. Apple prob has a million comments to go thru and see what’s important for the first update. The app is very usable. Sometimes it’s just too big that I go back to beathawk and rejuvenate some creativity and bring that into logic with au.

    My biggest complaint is battery. Destroys my iPad mini 6. The darkness color setting is my second. Hard to see some lines when editing. Hopefully a piano instrument is next for sound library. Not being to edit a piano is tough. Some third party apps struggle with the auto adjust window. And files enough said there. It would be cool to name the file while in the project.

    I’m excited to see what’s in store for the future.

  • edited September 2023

    @klownshed said:
    I used to use Logic v1 on a Mac Classic with 9” black and white 512 pixel CRT! You can guess how indispensable screens feature was back then!

    totally can imagine … sometimes i am sad i didn’t experienced this prehistoric age, it was for sure exciting era :-))) I started around early 90’s with 386 PC running ModEdit - 4 channel 8 bit mono tracker and self made 8bit D/A converter build from resistors soldered directly to LPT port socket 🤣 With huge 14” color monitor !!!

  • @Gavinski said:

    @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Maybe they’re already pulling the plug cause everyone returned their subscriptions? 🙃

    I certainly did and don't think I'll sub again til there's a major update. I'm in the Dendy camp, too much not to like about the release version, and I don't really need it. Aum for the win, suits my personal needs much much better.

    AUM is a better iPad fit for me than any DAW. I have Logic Pro on the desktop and from what I am reading the iPad version is somewhat hobbled. Plus you end up paying more and into perpetuity just to have the privilege of doing less. This makes no sense. Or is Apple cachet so important folks are willing to pay for it every month? I paid ONCE for Cubasis. I never use it.

  • @HotStrange said:

    @realdawei said:
    I think the praise vs criticism of LP4i has been reasonably balanced by the numbers.

    Just a couple of overly vociferous critics with an obvious agenda to simply undermine it at all costs.

    On the opposite end there are a handful that defend it to their last breath and argue any time something negative comes up. Both extremes are getting old.

    Yes, that is incredibly tedious I agree

  • @AlmostAnonymous said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I highly doubt it. Apple were more like "okay musicians stop whinging. Here's a watered down version of Logic to placate you. Have you considered buying a mac?" 😂🤣

    ftfy, lol.

    Haha, yeah, turns out I'm that guy. lp4i led me straight to buying a MBP and the desktop version of Logic. I can't say I'm unhappy about it though. For me, Logic Pro X on the desktop has been one of those "where have you been all my life?" types of experiences.

  • edited September 2023

    Positivity is generally less tedious than negativity whatever the thread.

  • @richardyot said:

    @klownshed said:
    The thing that makes me frustrated is hitting the back arrow at the top of the parameter palette as I keep thinking that’s part of the info box thing. whatever it’s called. I keep dumping myself out of the project! Not a bug but by far my biggest annoyance!

    I never accidentally hit that, luckily - but it does remind me of another annoying bug: when I exit a project that I've been working on for more than 5 minutes, Logic will crash, every time.

    ?

    Model of iPad?
    Version of iPadOS?

    This NEVER happen to me…

  • edited September 2023

    @Telstar5 said:
    3 months and NO Logic Pro 4 iPad update?!?

    Apple probably just discovered there's no money in making iPad music apps.

    🤣🤣🤣

    If Sensor Tower is to believed, Logic for iPad isn't even in the top 200 grossing iPad apps currently.

    It's a shame that Logic for iPad wasn't free or a one time purchase - my hot take is that it would have boosted iPad sales, led to a bigger adoption of the iPad as music creation platform, and helped create more of a market for us indie AUv3 devs 🤷‍♂️

    My other hot take is that Avid is making their offering free, because they learned from the Logic release.

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @klownshed said:
    The thing that makes me frustrated is hitting the back arrow at the top of the parameter palette as I keep thinking that’s part of the info box thing. whatever it’s called. I keep dumping myself out of the project! Not a bug but by far my biggest annoyance!

    I never accidentally hit that, luckily - but it does remind me of another annoying bug: when I exit a project that I've been working on for more than 5 minutes, Logic will crash, every time.

    ?

    Model of iPad?
    Version of iPadOS?

    This NEVER happen to me…

    12.9 M1 iPad Pro, 1TB, latest iOS.

  • @richardyot said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @klownshed said:
    The thing that makes me frustrated is hitting the back arrow at the top of the parameter palette as I keep thinking that’s part of the info box thing. whatever it’s called. I keep dumping myself out of the project! Not a bug but by far my biggest annoyance!

    I never accidentally hit that, luckily - but it does remind me of another annoying bug: when I exit a project that I've been working on for more than 5 minutes, Logic will crash, every time.

    ?

    Model of iPad?
    Version of iPadOS?

    This NEVER happen to me…

    12.9 M1 iPad Pro, 1TB, latest iOS.

    Strange…

    Me too have 12.9” M1, but with iPadOS 17 beta 8…

  • edited September 2023

    @AnalogMatthew said:

    @Telstar5 said:
    3 months and NO Logic Pro 4 iPad update?!?

    Apple probably just discovered there's no money in making iPad music apps.

    🤣🤣🤣

    lol, Apple screwed by their own pricing rules model which they literally created many years ago at beginning of this market, and caused slow and problematic adoption of advanced music apps.

    What a irony.

    It’s just that, i believe, they don’t care. For them is Logic just more elaborated AD for selling their HW products. They don’t need to make profits to keep developement active - they make astronomic profits on HW.

  • @richardyot said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @richardyot said:

    @klownshed said:
    The thing that makes me frustrated is hitting the back arrow at the top of the parameter palette as I keep thinking that’s part of the info box thing. whatever it’s called. I keep dumping myself out of the project! Not a bug but by far my biggest annoyance!

    I never accidentally hit that, luckily - but it does remind me of another annoying bug: when I exit a project that I've been working on for more than 5 minutes, Logic will crash, every time.

    ?

    Model of iPad?
    Version of iPadOS?

    This NEVER happen to me…

    12.9 M1 iPad Pro, 1TB, latest iOS.

    Never happened to me (same M1 iPad and iPadOS). Specific project or all of them?

    Perhaps caused by an iCloud glitch while uploading the project.
    What happens after you’ve switch off Logic under apps that use icloud?
    Or if you exit a project with wifi turned off?

  • @AnalogMatthew said:

    If Sensor Tower is to believed, Logic for iPad isn't even in the top 200 grossing iPad apps currently.

    I'm quite sure that the majority on that top 200 list are games with a shedload of consumables for new consumes, virtual coins, extra lives and new costumes for avatars and I have ZERO understanding for those that buy that crap, maybe I'm just getting old :sunglasses:

    So what if Logic Pro for iPad is not top-grossing?!
    It's too simply cheap to climb up to the top considering those $19.99-$49.99 consumables some games have...

  • @dendy said:

    >

    It’s just that, i believe, they don’t care. For them is Logic just more elaborated AD for selling their HW products. They don’t need to make profits to keep developement active - they make astronomic profits on HW.

    They're certainly not betting the farm on Logic for iPad, but I'm sure they do care whether it makes money. Apple is rapidly transitioning from a company that makes their money from hardware, to a company that makes their money from services. That's why I fully expect version 11 of desktop Logic to be subscription-only, and in a few years we'll see pro app subscription bundles similar to what Adobe does. We'll see.

  • job postings imply lots in store for Logic Pro….i think it will be around a good while

  • @AnalogMatthew said:

    If Sensor Tower is to believed,

    I’m not sure sensor tower could have any insight into Apple’s sales. Sensor Tower measure their analytics based on all sorts of nefarious ways that relies on apps using specific kinds of libraries that sensor tower and their ilk can monitor.

    Many devs link their accounts to sensor tower in exchange for analytics and the promise of being able to see competitor analytics too.

    Apple don’t use any of those kinds of libraries and I’m pretty sure they don’t give Sensor Tower access to their sales data! As their apps are 100% in house there’s no way for analytics companies to snoop on Apple’s apps and absolutely in no way would they have access to in app purchase data.

    Any means they can use to predict subscriptions are likely to be pretty inaccurate.

  • As far as my gut tells me Logic Pro for Mac is something that doesn't cost Apple that much to maintain and might even be filed under 'PR / Advertising Expenses' to promote and maintain brand awareness?!

    I'd be happy to get some new 'Drummers' for Logic to spice things up...
    ...Apple's Logic Team could hire this dude...

Sign In or Register to comment.