Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

any way to prevent the auto download of iOS 8 when it launches?

Since we have a great many apps that will no longer work with Audiobus in iOS 8 I would like to hold off on installing it, but since Apple are so keen to push the update I know it will download automatically when I charge my devices within range of my WiFi network. Does anyone know of a way of preventing this from happening?

Obviously I realise the update won't install until I decide, but it's annoying to have such a large file taking up space for no reason.

Comments

• Even if it does, you can delete it. I think it shows up under General-> Usage, in Settings.

• Filling up your iOS devices so there isn't enough room for the download might work.

• edited September 2014

@Zymos said:

Even if it does, you can delete it. I think it shows up under General-> Usage, in Settings.

Is this something new with iOS 8? For iOS 7, there, was no way to delete the auto download.

• I don't think you have to worry about that. Even iOS 7 only has 90% coverage I read somewhere. I don't remember iOS devices would automatically update system, only apps. The small update only shows a red number 1 on system icon. But never update or even download anything (I think) without your permission. Let alone this big update.

• @logictree said:

I don't think you have to worry about that. Even iOS 7 only has 90% coverage I read somewhere. I don't remember iOS devices would automatically update system, only apps. The small update only shows a red number 1 on system icon. But never update or even download anything (I think) without your permission. Let alone this big update.

This is unfortunately incorrect... if you search this forum you will find a thread dedicated to the issue of the iOS 7 update downloading automatically regardless of your settings, with no way to delete it. It was a big deal at the time, as Apple were basically forcing you to either update or have 1 GB of space permanently wasted on your device.

• @busker said:

@Zymos said:

Even if it does, you can delete it. I think it shows up under General-> Usage, in Settings.

Is this something new with iOS 8? For iOS 7, there, was no way to delete the auto download.

Yes there was, because I did.

• edited September 2014

@Zymos said:

@busker said:

@Zymos said:

Yes there was, because I did.

I find that very surprising, because you couldn't when iOS 7 came out. Here is the relevant thread:

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2124/interesting-ios-6-devices-are-now-automatically-downloading-ios-7/p1

• So, a thread where no one knew you could delete the update....

Just trying to help, believe it or don't.

• Well if it can be deleted, that's great :)

• How did you delete it @Zymos? Again, if people are worried about it auto uploading, fill your iOS device until you only have a few hundred Meg available. It might not be a perfect solution, since that could also affect performance on some apps.

• @Zymos said:

well, I just happen to have 7.1.2 downloaded on my iPad and have not installed it yet.

Sure enough, the iOS is listed as 1.0 GB in the app usage list. Tap on it and it gives you the option to delete.

Thanks Zymos

• I think it showed up in Usage, along with all the apps.

• edited September 2014

@Zymos said:

So, a thread where no one knew you could delete the update....

Uhh, no. If you read the article listed in the first post:

"Some users who are sticking with iOS 6 for the time being are discovering that their iOS devices have already downloaded the iOS 7 update, and that it cannot be removed from the device."

Trust me, myself and everyone else (even Sebastian if you read the thread) agreed it could not be deleted, having tried every method available to regular users.

My point is Apple must have introduced this capability in a later update. Which is why I asked the question, has anything changed. Apparently, it has.

That is good news. I guess Apple responded to all the complaints after release.

• edited September 2014

It may not have been an option on iOS 6 relating to the iOS 7 update. But it is an option now, for us on iOS 7 who might be hesitant to update to iOS 8.

• I don't give a fuck who "agreed it could not be deleted", because it IS deletable in ios7.

• Hey @Zymos, no need to be an asshole.

• Of course not. It was more a "desire" than a "need"....

• edited September 2014

Personally, I desire things such as a new iPad, but to each his own...

• @Zymos said:

Of course not. It was more a "desire" than a "need"....

Haha :D

It is fucking frustrating when you try and help someone and get shot down even though your right..

Grinds my gears for sure.

• Updates being deletable are a iOS 7.1 feature.

• Updates being deletable are a iOS 7.1 feature.

• The ability to delete the iOS update was added in one of the iOS7 updates after everyone freaked out about it. When that thread here first started, it wasn't possible.

See, you're all correct, regardless of desires or needs :)

• The AB Forums, where everyone is a weiner. I mean "winner".

• @Zymos said:

The AB Forums, where everyone is a weiner. I mean "winner".

Did you just insult EVERYONE on this forum?...

• Of course not. Only an asshole would do something like that.

• I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused! :-)

• Cause the angels want to wear your red shoes?

• ^ Well said Wojtek.

• I was looking for the same thing.. this worked for me: http://ios8tips.com/how-to-prevent-automatic-update-to-ios-8/