Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro—how to select clips without triggering/stopping them?

I have a Loopy setup with sliders to change the pitch/speed of the “last tapped clip”. The problem is, when I tap a clip to select it, it launches (or stops) that clip.

There must be a better way. And I don’t want to use buttons to scroll through the clips, L/R/UP/DOWN.

Comments

  • edited December 2023

    deleted

  • edited August 2023

    @mistercharlie said:
    I have a Loopy setup with sliders to change the pitch/speed of the “last tapped clip”. The problem is, when I tap a clip to select it, it launches (or stops) that clip.

    There must be a better way. And I don’t want to use buttons to scroll through the clips, L/R/UP/DOWN.

    This sounds like a case where you would want to select a clip rather than use tapped clip.

    ~~The “tap” targets are there for the cases where you would tap a clip and want some action to happen at the same time.

    “Last tapped clip” exists for the case where you want to apply something to the last clip that you tapped and next tapped clip for taking action on a clip you are activating.

    If you just want to select something to target without it behaving like you tapped on it then you should use Select. Select makes a clip a target of actions that target the selected clip. Select isn’t like tapping.

    I tend to assign swipe-right in my projects to be able to select a clip.~~

    EDIT: next and last tapped clip can be used without triggering the clip...I should have tested before posting. So, we need to get more particulars to know why it isn't working that way.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    If you just want to select something to target without it behaving like you tapped on it then you should use Select. Select makes a clip a target of actions that target the selected clip. Select isn’t like tapping.

    I’ll try that. I assumed that “select” would require two taps instead of just one. Do you mean that I would create a select button and tap that, then tap a clip to select.

    I tend to assign swipe-right in my projects to be able to select a clip.

    This sounds very practical

  • @mistercharlie said:

    I got things wrong in my previous posts. You can use last tapped clip and next tapped clip without the taps changing a clip's play state.

    Can you post screenshots of the actions you setup?

  • Tapping a clip plays it, as one would expect.

    I have changed to use a right swipe to select a clip, as you suggested. That works well.

  • @mistercharlie said:

    Tapping a clip plays it, as one would expect.

    I have changed to use a right swipe to select a clip, as you suggested. That works well.

    We also need to see what you specified as the target to see why it isn’t working as you expect.

    And a description of the steps you are performing.

  • @mistercharlie : re-reading your original post, I wonder if you misunderstand what “last tapped clip” does. It performs on the last clipped you tapped BEFORE you initiated the action.

    Let’s say you have a widget that performs a pitch change on the last tapped clip.

    Tap clip one to play it.
    Tap clip two to play clip two.

    If you tap your widget, the pitch change is applied to clip two: the last clip you tapped before you pressed the widget.

    If you want to target a clip by tapping on it without playing it, use “next tapped clip” as the target. If you do that, press your widget and all clips will pulse to show loopy needs you to tap a clip. Tap a clip and it’s pitch will be changed without changing its play state.

  • @espiegel123 said:
    @mistercharlie : re-reading your original post, I wonder if you misunderstand what “last tapped clip” does. It performs on the last clipped you tapped BEFORE you initiated the action.

    Let’s say you have a widget that performs a pitch change on the last tapped clip.

    Tap clip one to play it.
    Tap clip two to play clip two.

    If you tap your widget, the pitch change is applied to clip two: the last clip you tapped before you pressed the widget.

    If you want to target a clip by tapping on it without playing it, use “next tapped clip” as the target. If you do that, press your widget and all clips will pulse to show loopy needs you to tap a clip. Tap a clip and it’s pitch will be changed without changing its play state.

    I think you’re right. “Last-tapped clip” does the job, but in the process of tapping it, I trigger it. I didn’t try “next-tapped clip,” as I assumed (perhaps incorrectly?) that it would ask me to choose a clip every single time, which would be annoying when using things like pitch adjustment.

    Your suggestion to select a clip with a swipe seems to be the best option so far. It does exactly what I wanted

Sign In or Register to comment.