Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Announcing... some music hardware from Apple today

edited September 2014 in General App Discussion

Since this is the main place we all come for discussion on iOS and music, how about a dedicated thread to Apple's iPhone announcements today.

No rumors, please. I'll just update this original post with actual details as they arrive. and of course, here's the source:
http://www.apple.com/live/

Here's to hoping Apple make me want to buy my first iPhone/ pocket music production studio. (I'm all iPads so far)

UPDATE!! the new iPhone is bigger and better. No, I'm not that impressed, just incremental improvements, it seems. If you were waiting for a bigger iPhone, now you've got two sizes to choose from. If you still want a pocketable superphone, maybe it is time to start looking for a refurb 5s.

Here, these guys tend to give all the technical info: http://www.anandtech.com/show/8502/apple-announces-iphone-6-and-plus

Comments

• Actually the iPhone would be a great package if only devs loved it more. There is a nice choice of apps (some big ones are in, such as Alchemy and Mitosynth) but it's still inferior to the iPad. And some iPhone apps have the nasty tendency to become abandonware (Animoog, SunrizerXS).

• 1 hour and 25 mins to go! Thanks @Hmtx

• @bixnood said:

Actually the iPhone would be a great package if only devs loved it more. There is a nice choice of apps (some big ones are in, such as Alchemy and Mitosynth) but it's still inferior to the iPad. And some iPhone apps have the nasty tendency to become abandonware (Animoog, SunrizerXS).

Umm, Animoog for iPhone was updated about 2 weeks ago.
    There's a thread right here about it.

• I would just be so happy to see a RAM upgrade. That is really our biggest iOS music production bottleneck, from what I hear.

And it seems like iPhone is actually gaining attention for music production. Focusrite just announced a new interface designed for iPhone, and the new Sonic Port VX by Line 6 specifies it is made for iOS and includes the iPhones on its compatibility list.

So I think hardware makers can help create more interest in iPhone; not to mention that "Gigantic" song Apple did this year, all iPhone wasn't it?

• For me I'm personally hoping that the bigger (5,5"?) iPhone would be able to run Native iPad apps, the resolution should be sufficient for 1x(1024x768) albeit it would be a little fiddly due to screen size (thin tip stylus would do) and we'd no longer need to worry if it's iPad or iPhone app...

36 minutes to...

• Anything requiring a stylus will never fly with Apple I feel. A larger screen would definitely be nice though, makes even the current music apps easier to use.

• edited September 2014

The only thing we can be 100% on about this event is this...
    http://forum.audiob.us/uploads/FileUpload/a9/c11eb12a30cdeacb4b61fedbb7ec79.jpg

(....who will hopefully announce some nice things for us iOS musicians )

• edited September 2014

oh my... he IS the announcement!

see said white room, constructed on-site:

• Lol, scary :) :(

• I don't think I've seen anybody anywhere mention the possibility of stereo speakers/Beats Audio in the new iPhone and iPad. Two people I know have HTC Ones and the sound that comes from those devices is the best I've ever heard from a smart phone or tablet. Of course since the release of that smart phone Apple has purchased Beats Audio so wouldn't it make sense that they would put this capability in their devices as well?

If they do will this have much of an impact for iOS musicians?

• @Paulyboy69 said:

I don't think I've seen anybody anywhere mention the possibility of stereo speakers/Beats Audio in the new iPhone and iPad. Two people I know have HTC Ones and the sound that comes from those devices is the best I've ever heard from a smart phone or tablet. Of course since the release of that smart phone Apple has purchased Beats Audio so wouldn't it make sense that they would put this capability in their devices as well?

If they do will this have much of an impact for iOS musicians?

Those rumors have been making me nervous. Beats headphones are very invasive with their own EQ curves, etc.

• edited September 2014

It's official

• edited September 2014

Only 25% faster CPU..... uuuhhhhhh ;) Not enough, but that 5.5" size is nice. But what about all those new resolutions? The live stream is not usable for me..... so if they talk about RAM... please let me know somebody!

• ONE MORE THING BRO

• IT'S THE WATCH

there better be an SDK for this thing

• edited September 2014

@Zymos said:

@bixnood said:

Actually the iPhone would be a great package if only devs loved it more. There is a nice choice of apps (some big ones are in, such as Alchemy and Mitosynth) but it's still inferior to the iPad. And some iPhone apps have the nasty tendency to become abandonware (Animoog, SunrizerXS).

Umm, Animoog for iPhone was updated about 2 weeks ago.
    There's a thread right here about it.

You know what I mean... come on, it has been ignored for two years and the update they released is broken!

• Apple Watch

• edited September 2014

iPhone6, price in Spain (contract free): €899. I'm scared for the Plus version... :(

• 128GB iPhone 6 plus......for less you get a Macbook :O

Apple Watch: What the hell....... nah..... not really..... or?..... No!!

• On sale the 19th
    Preorder the 12th
    Worldwide

• the phone looks nice. I didn't hear anything particularly significant relative to music production. 128GB option is nice for those with big sample libraries... and no access to dropbox.

• So, now it is another couple week wait for ifixit.com to get their hands on one and open it up to see how much ram is actually in there.

• Very lame keynote......

• @Cinebient said:

Very lame keynote......

>

I agree

• I don't think any of the products themselves were disappointments. All them look pretty slick even if I have no interest in a smart watch. The presentation could use some work though, other than U2 anyways.

Here in Audiobusland we mainly want iPads though. And that's what we shall get soon so it's all good to me.

• The leaks were so much better ..
    Look like no 32gb option on the iPhone for that little more space ...the Plus seems too pricey wtf..

• edited September 2014

There was a benchmark leak where it shows about 25% more CPU (like it is) and just 1GB ram.... since most of the latest leaks seems to be true i have a bad feeling now. I wanted to buy it mainly as "smartphone" but with iOS 8 and a higher resolution it's a step back RAM wise compared my iPhone 5. I don't care about 50% more GPu since i prefer to play on a PlayStation.
    I doubt the iPad will make a bigger jump this year!

• I would know more about accessories.

• Seriously, I can see people from AKAI eating (literally) their '49 keyboards...