Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Multitouch issue - random notes being played.

edited September 2014 in Other

Hi folks. Just picked up a brand new iPad mini Retina today (from Staples). I noticed something odd. If I use multitouch - e.g. playing multiple notes in Animoog, sometimes I will get random notes played. I.e. if, say, I hold a bass note down with one finger and then play a melody with another finger, sometimes random other notes will get triggered. I've tried it in a couple of apps - same issue. It's very random and hard to repeat, but when it does happen it's obviously completely messing things up.

I thought at first it might be cMemory (which was only showing the scan button when I restored it and appears to have disappeared from the app store anyway) so I deleted it. Thought the problem had gone away - but it resurfaced.

I then wondered whether it was happening only when the power cord is connected - because it seemed to occur then and I haven't noticed it with it disconnected. That would be odd but I haven't been able to repeat it with it running on battery (yet at least).

I did capture some video of it happening which I'll gladly post if it helps figure out what's up.

I have reset the device - in both ways - just holding the power button down and sliding off, as well as home+power.

I have removed the case it was in - same issue. (Wondering about electrostatic interference etc.)

No - I do not have multitouch gestures on - one of the first things I turn off on an iPad.

I may have a faulty digitizer of course.

I'm hoping it's not faulty hardware but I'm leaning towards that. Only picked it up today so it'd be a warranty replacement I would assume. If I did end up doing that - would my best bet be to take it to an Apple store or back to the retailer. Thoughts? My nearest Apple store is over an hour's drive away - so not my first choice :-/

Anyhow - has anyone else ever experienced this? Is it a known problem / design fault / hardware issue on some models sometimes?

Glad of any suggestions.

Kind regards

Derek.

Comments

• Sorry to hear it. Staples will likely exchange it for another.

• edited September 2014

The lesson here is no never go to Staples for anything, ever ;)

I had a hardware fault on iphone and a Genius Bar trip got me a replacement. Same with my colleagues iPad mini.. (Which had similar ghost clicks all over the place) .... So I think hardware weirdness is totally possible.

• Hmmmm. It really hasn't repeated in my use without power. Odd. Wonder if there's something going on there...

@skoptic - I hear you - however they had absolutely the beast price deal on a new model that I've seen. I'd been holding out on an Air or mini Retina and the price deal made the difference for me here. Plus I wanted to get a current model with iOS 7 before they began shipping with 8 and my favorite synths that weren't 8 compatible with AB SDK 2.1 yet didn't work with it.

@syrupcore - yes - probably - but they had to ship this to the store - didn't have any in stock so it'll be yet another delay if I do have to send it back, and, then, I might get back one with 8 on it :-( :-(

However - I'm curious as to why this is happening and what's triggering it. Anyone else with any insights?