Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia iProphet - out now!

Comments

• edited September 2014

• Gadget Kyev use vector synthesis :)

• edited September 2014

Well, there's only one thing left on their list over at retronyms.com, so I guess next week is it!:)

"Stay tuned early next week for an announcement" / Retronyms

Source: https://www.facebook.com/retronyms?fref=nf

• Oh I really hope its next week or Summer Of Epic is gonna turn into Winter Of Discontent

• edited September 2014

maybe they are just announcing a new series of weekly youtube videos about the synth

I mean I like Retronyms but as far as this marketing teasing goes I'm trying not to get excited at all - it's just not healthy

• @firejan82 said:

maybe they are just announcing a new series of weekly youtube videos about the synth

I mean I like Retronyms but as far as this marketing teasing goes I'm trying not to get excited at all - it's just not healthy

Haha. Stole my joke.

Though actually, it wasn't THAT long after the impc pro videos started that the actual app came out. Just seemed that way bc the hype was annoying.

• @StormJH1 said:

the hype was annoying.

I have to agree with that. I prefer surprises.

Unannounced updates or releases have much more positive effect on me because my mind doesn't have time to create a perfect version and be disappointed when it turns out to be anything less, plus no chance to be impatient about it when you don't know it's coming.

But I guess from their point of view the videos are an effective marketing strategy. It keeps the "soon" to be released app/update in our heads and us talking about it.

• edited September 2014

Apparently they don't need no videos to do just that. ;)

It's usually called Dev Diaries. You get to follow along the development during the last stretch, with videos showing new features etc (and in this case they also act as mini tutorials on said features). Appreciated by many people. Any hype is created in your mind alone.

• Good solid point I guess. I still prefer surprises. Like when I found out that Korg released a new awesome app. Then I checked the videos to see just how awesome it was and then I just bought it. Zero hype, zero annoyance. My mind had no chance to be anything but awe-inspired.

• Gonna buy this no matter when it comes out. I'm such a sucker for vintage-like synths.

• I hope it comes out around Christmas cause I don't see myself getting anything until then and will they do a introduction price?

• edited September 2014

@supadom said:

I find all that joystick stuff on a touch screen device quite amusing. It already looks different from the original anyway. It looks flacidly wrong IMHO, a bit like the one on ivcs3. No touch screen emulation will surpass the feeling one has touching a real knob! ;)

the joystick in ivcs3 is great,
    assign what u want to the joystick(the last 2 rows of the pins) and then assign the joystick to the accelerometer of the ipad (tools>control manager) -
    all of this is saved with the preset - it's great, trust me ;)

Accelerometer on off is the second icon left down

u can also use the sequencer to modulate this, u can use all of this at the same time, it's really flexible and much much deeper then it looks :)

I love it

I will pass the iprophet, it's from retronyms &_&
    it will be the usual drama

• Screenshots of the app show that it can select the MIDI channel. Maybe Retronyms has gotten their shit together.

• My issue was really only with the graphics @lala 4 ways pad would do the same job and look a bit cooler but I guess that's a question of preference. The whole interface looks a bit dull but if it sounds great it probably won't matter that much.

• edited September 2014

Nah, u missunderstood me, i shouldnt Write to much Text :)

@supadom said:

noscreen emulation will surpass the feeling one has touching a real knob! ;)

And I said use the accelerometer

it's amazing on the mini retina :)

• i think it will not have AB, only TT and IAA

• R_2R_2
    edited September 2014

^ it will support AB (as does iMini)

Specs from Arturia's site (before they removed the pages):

• 4 digital oscillators
    • 95 different waveforms
    • Multimode filter:
    • Low pass
    • Band pass
    • High pass
    • Band reject
    • Vector joystick
    • Multipoint looping envelope generators
    • Audiobus
    • Core MIDI
    • Interapp-audio
    • Tabletop™ Ready
    • Modulation matrix
    • Output effects:
    • Chorus
    • Overdrive
    • Digital delay
    • Preset import/export
    • Compatibility with Prophet V presets
  • @R_2 - Thanks for those specs. This does look like something I'm interested in because I do like the vintage-flavored synths. Retronyms makes some unfortunate choices as a developer, but at the end of the day, there is quality in their products. It's just bizarre that iMini and iProphet allow for AudioBus, but they went out of their way to keep it out of iMPC Pro.

• @StormJH1 said:

@R_2 - Thanks for those specs. This does look like something I'm interested in because I do like the vintage-flavored synths. Retronyms makes some unfortunate choices as a developer, but at the end of the day, there is quality in their products. It's just bizarre that iMini and iProphet allow for AudioBus, but they went out of their way to keep it out of iMPC Pro.

Maybe Arturia are more savvy and know that AB is a must for most iOS musicians, but Akai has no clue and accepted Retronyms' desire to exclude AB from iMPC Pro?

(Why yes, I am wearing a new tinfoil hat -- thanks for noticing!)

• @papertiger said:

@StormJH1 said:

@R_2 - Thanks for those specs. This does look like something I'm interested in because I do like the vintage-flavored synths. Retronyms makes some unfortunate choices as a developer, but at the end of the day, there is quality in their products. It's just bizarre that iMini and iProphet allow for AudioBus, but they went out of their way to keep it out of iMPC Pro.

Maybe Arturia are more savvy and know that AB is a must for most iOS musicians, but Akai has no clue and accepted Retronyms' desire to exclude AB from iMPC Pro?

Yeah, it is crazy that Akai allowed them to cripple a product that they paid them to develop. Whomever is overseeing that contract has dropped the ball big time. They also let them get away with releasing the new "Pro" version without being compatible with their desktop software. Even the non-Pro version had that capability.

• OUT NAOW:
    iProphet by Arturia
    https://appsto.re/us/veuJ1.i

• They haven't announced it yet, there's no press release, tweet, or facebook post about it, but it seems that Arturia has just published their new site design.

http://www.arturia.com/

Maybe that was the reason behind delaying the iProphet launch.

Let's wait for the official redesign announcement, and then let's hope it is followed by the iProphet launch announcement.

• Oops, out now!

Thanks @ChrisG

• After work plans = made!

• Enjoy - this is capable of some stunning sounds.

• Looks like I'll be buying something tonight. :-)

• edited September 2014

iProphet is in U.S. store for $9.99. There is also a new Tabletop update for the iProphet too.

• Sweet! The black interface is kinda slick (I like all the Arturia apps for that). Expected wood grain based on pictures above, but perhaps they wanted it not to look just like iMini.

Will be curious what people think of it. 55.5 MB Download. 500+ presets included, plus compatability with Prophet V presets.

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple4/v4/e3/cf/68/e3cf6898-942e-4d05-4058-6ea9b3fe5e91/screen480x480.jpeg

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple4/v4/f4/b6/48/f4b648c0-cab8-cf1a-58d5-c1e4ce1653ab/screen480x480.jpeg

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple4/v4/37/94/94/3794943c-5221-786e-91fd-1aefc8e67227/screen480x480.jpeg

• It's not exactly compatible with Prophet V patches, since this is the VS. Only patches that don't use the V part of the VST will work.