Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPad Air 2

edited September 2014 in General App Discussion

I'm not sure about International Business Times credibility but...blah blah....A report from Taiwan’s TechNews also claimed that the new iPad Air could get a memory upgrade, increasing its RAM to 2GB from 1GB. However, the second-generation Retina iPad mini is expected to continue featuring 1GB RAM.

Very intriguing.

http://www.ibtimes.com/apple-suppliers-reportedly-ramp-ipad-air-2-component-production-ahead-fall-release-1676930

Comments

• Will the watch be able to run apps?

• I still carry a pocket watch and just don't get the whole iWatch thing. It must be my age because Apple hasn't really missed with anything the last several years. I am really hoping for the 2 gigs of RAM on the next iPad, though.

• There will be 2 gb ram in the next iPad. Bank on it.

• I think you're right Mister Boone. Most obvious pathway to directly (and indirectly) selling more boxes...

• I was expecting the new iPad having a higher ppi like the iPhone 5 (326 pixels per inch).
    But it is going to have the same 264 ppi as the current iPad air. Bad news for graphic designers and gamers.

• edited September 2014

wow, I had not thought about ppi... It seems many musicians felt burned by the iPad 3 which had the huge ppi increase and not enough power to drive it and multiple music apps.

honestly, I would prefer no ppi increase so that the improvements can be applied toward more music app multi-tasking (which is already pretty good on latest hardware).

• @supanorton said:

I still carry a pocket watch and just don't get the whole iWatch thing.

Hot. You are not allowed to meet my girlfriend.

• 2GB RAM plzzzzz ...

• Really wish they would add 2gig ram to the new mini, really like the size. But if 2 comes to the Air, will have to get one.

• If they're bringing 2gb ram in view of the upcoming split screen multitasking we'll find ourselves reluctant to upgrade to that OS otherwise all of the memory will be sucked by the system.

• If you aren't using the split screen it won't be using memory, I'd assume.
    It's like when AB was updated to allow multiple chains, and some people worried they wouldn't be able to run AB at all on older devices.

• I hope you're right @Zymos after all I don't believe in no-update approach.

• Don't we think that apple would have showed off some of the split screen stuff when they debuted iOS 8? Seems like a bfd and they didn't even hint at it.

• They've said it's coming, but will be later in a point release.

• I don't know, I think the ppi on the iPads are fine now - no need for the useless race to 4000k.
    But if the glass wouldn't reflect so much it would be much nicer to read in the sun.

• i was thinking about new ipad as an upgrade to ipad mini, but.. it will be with preinstalled ios8, whitch is no good at start :( who know when they will make AB sdk update to theit apps :(

• Latest rumour is 1gb RAM on the new iPhone 6 (some benchmark on Macrumours). If that turns out to be true, I really really hope that doesn't carries over to the next iPad as well. Again.

• and again, latest rumors are:iwatch and two iphones for today only :( we'll see

• Yeah, I wouldn't expect a new iPad today. That's like the crown jewel. They'll have a separate event specifically for the new iPad. At least, that's what history would suggest.

• I like the way they tease us with comments like, "wish we could say more". I thought maybe that was hinting about an update to SIRI, but that doesn't make much sense. Maybe it's referring to voice and video messaging, which seems kind of redundant.

• Loads of sites are also predicting an announcement of the iPad Air 2 today.
    Rumors are rumors....

• I'd just like to point out how accurate my predictions have been historically. Last name, "Ever". First name, "Greatest".

• edited September 2014

@boone51 said:

I'd just like to point out how accurate my predictions have been historically. Last name, "Ever". First name, "Greatest".

thanks for that. We are all so interested (especially now) :D

But anyway, this was a historic keynote . Historically boring.

Then again, I may grab a big phone at some point. I'm a little surprised at how big it is.

• Meh.

A watch for fitness fanatics and a bigger phone. Yawn.

Waiting for the next event.

Ios 8 available for public on 17th this month, that's some news.

• ...so has there been any warning (or pronouncement of fitness) of said IOS 8? Obviously lots of our favorite developers have tested it out for us, and last IOS 7 warning was useful to me keeping my music machine running smoothly. Should I assume no warning means IOS 8 is silky-smooth? Or have I just missed the warning?

• edited September 2014

@NoiseHorse There may be no explicit warning this time but don't update until you know your apps will work. Judging from the 'ios8 ready' tag on http://audiob.us/apps/ we have a long way to go.

• edited September 2014

A lot of people are busy like crazy now.
    better overview here

• I actually liked all the features of the iRefuseToBeNamediWatch. Just hated that they made it look like a swollen version of the calculator watch I had in second grade.