Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• (Or tomorrow depending on where you live, I believe)

It's $7.99 intro pricing right? Can't see it at the moment.

• edited September 2014

Sounds about right, it's a meagre A$9.99

• Out Sept 4th. Europe, Australia, Asia, Now! The Americas... not yet!!

• edited September 2014

I'm not convinced yet...I mean I like what I've seen in their videos now, but I do have Bebot, and I don't see anything radically different. Gonna wait for some imps on this one...at least until my App-Acquiring syndrome take the upper hand

• @ChrisG said:

I'm not convinced yet...I mean I like what I've seen in their videos now, but I do have Beboot, and I don't see anything radically different. Gonna wait for some imps on this one...at least until my App-Acquiring syndrome take the upper hand

Funny you say that - I was all over this one and then I "discovered" BeBot for 1.99 and thought, "wait, doesn't this do what I was hoping Ondes will do?" Okay, so Ondes is like a synth, also, so I understand the price a bit. guess I was just thinking 4.99 or less based on dot Melody and Chordion.

• Only had a quick play with it, but I certainly wouldn't make any comparisons to BeBot. It's a very different beast imo.

• Would love some forum feedback before I k̶i̶l̶l̶ buy again. Been an expensive day.

• Just tap the buy button, Johnny. Collect them all.

• JG sends the chillun round to Mister telecharge's house for porridge...

• there's also Petites Ondes, a monophonic replication of the original instrument.

And of course SynthX, which as far as I can see do the same thing like Ondes (polyphonic pitch bend and one or more synth parameter for the y-axis).

• At a quick glance, it put me in mind of Thumbjam...

• edited September 2014

Okay, so it's actually $7.99 U.S. - not too bad. Here's the U.S. link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ondes-expressive-electronic/id898059305?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Yeah, plenty to like about this one, but I do need to see something more concrete before I click "Buy".

• Looks nicely put together. Bebot has a synth but it's a bit of a bebot to use.

I'd love a feature where up/down didn't change volume but instead changed pitch snapping intensity. Closer to the note labels, more snapping; on the edges, a freewheeling good time.

• @syrupcore said:

I'd love a feature where up/down didn't change volume but instead changed pitch snapping intensity. Closer to the note labels, more snapping; on the edges, a freewheeling good time.

Cool idea!