Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg iKaossilator on sale

edited September 2014 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/korg-ikaossilator/id452559831?l=en&mt=8

I'm not thinking if buying it but anyone has anything to say about it?

Comments

• Huge unmet potential

• A good start. :)

• Sounds great, fun to use. Really really nice mobile phone sketch pad, and pretty good at getting the noggin going with ideas. Other apps in the same category would be Figure and...well that's the only other similarish thing I can thnk of.

• My second favorite iPhone app behind Figure.

• edited September 2014

iElectribe and ims-20 also 10 dollars off!

Sale is thru Sept 8th according to Korg website.

Ims-20 looks awesome but also intimidating.

• And iPolysix.

• Ims-20 was pretty much the first music app I bought, that and the TNR, no wonder I've been confused for so long. HOWEVER, I love the Ims. And it's puertty in a dark and mean and manly way,

• Apparently, iKaossilator will be getting Ableton Live export and a new sound engine expansion soon in version 3.0.

• I think it is under appreciated. I wish it had more editable sounds and adjustable volume levels per part. There is no sequencer as such but you can save a bunch of variations and switch between them on the fly to create a song. Track posted below mainly done in iKaossilator

• edited September 2014

Wow! I didn't expect expansions for iKaossilator. Seems like there will be more than one. I'll probably give this EDM one a pass (there's a preview of it on their SoundCloud).

• edited September 2014

@Tarekith said:

My second favorite iPhone app behind Figure.

This. Mainly because you're locked down to using the provided drum loops (it does support sample import now, but that's a hassle). With Figure you can make your own beats, also a bit easier to make "controlled" melodies in figure.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Other apps in the same category might include triqtraq

• @ChrisG said:

@Tarekith said:

My second favorite iPhone app behind Figure.

This. Mainly because you're locked down to using the provided drum loops (it does support sample import now, but that's a hassle). With Figure you can make your own beats, also a bit easier to make "controlled" melodies in figure.

Yeah, a buddy of mine plays with it a lot and tells me I should buy it, but I'm much more productive with Figure. Just as inspiring, simple...yet with the level of originality I prefer.

• iKaossilator is great for creating your own loops from samples you import whereas with Figure you're limited to the sounds the app provides.

• edited September 2014

Agreed. Sometimes I think that IKaoss is not defined enough for me and other times that Figure is too rigid.....but they're both great at what they do, so I'm beginning to suspect the flaw may lie closer to home.

• New sound engine expansion? Hmmm I want to know more about that!

• @boone51 said:

Huge unmet potential

+1, Would be great to use this like an actual Kaossilator.