Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best app for achieving this kind of "Glitch crackle percussion"?

Probably really easy to achieve, but I'm just curious if there's any app that does this kind of thing?

Comments

• Don't know of one but that was a lovely piece of music. Reminded me a bit of Múm.

• What is that you want to achieve? The rhythm, or the sound? Different Drummer could probably create a similar rhythm (it sounds like a complex periodic wave to me). The sounds could be created any drum synthesizer. It's a combination of a pulse wave and possibly some white noise.

You could also do this in Audulus/Jasuto fairly easily, assuming you knew how to build a synth patch :) Personally I'd use SuperCollider on my laptop.

• Of course the sound would need more randomness in it to be effective glitch I guess. Might be hard to achieve in a drum synth.

• Some of the Alchemy patches can achieve similar effects.

• @syrupcore

I love múm! Thank you for reminding!

• iDensity maybe.. with subtle settings.

• Yeah, the rhythm. I really enjoy the little crackly stuff. The band is really great too!

• You could sample various vinyl cracks and pops in to a samplr, Bm2 or Impc and program a beat

• TeraSynth could do it. Also you can achieve such sounds with Noise and modulations in some synths. But you need a synth with fast envelopes. (Which are rare).

• The glitches follow the rhythm of the melody in the example. I'd probably make some different glitches in NS or BM (the old fashioned way: by cutting a waveform at non-zero crossings) and load them into the drum sampler/TRG. Then I'd copy the MIDI from the original track and point it at the drum sampler and start tweaking from there.

I've been meaning to try this since hearing the above but haven made the time: NanoStudio allows you to automate the sample start time and length on an Eden track. I wanted to try to put in a noise sample (2 seconds of white noise or ocean or something) with an as-fast-as-possible envelope and then mess about with the sample start/length via XY pad while feeding the track a MIDI rhythm. If you have NS, you might give that a shot.

• @Misirlou: Would be interesting which synths or music apps you have. There are many ways to create such sounds. On the desktop it's very easy with some tools. In the iOS world it's harder but it should be possible. Maybe i try if i could create some patches of this kind because i really use often myself such noise, drops, blips, crackles etc. as percussive or rythmic sound.

• i actually second different drummer.

• Agreed...this seems to be a great fit for DD.

• Ivcs3 does that kind of sounds.