Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RX1200 by inphonik (Coming to iOS)

Meet the RX1200, our 12-bit sampler instrument based on the E-mu SP-1200, a landmark sampler designed by Dave Rossum and released by E-mu Systems in 1987.

The RX1200 is a beatmaker's sandbox tool. It's a one-of-a-kind sampler ready to inspire your productions with experimentation, happy accidents, and that lovely distinctive lofi sound.

Coming to iOS later this year

«1

Comments

  • Oh I am so waiting for this one, nice crispy vintage sample heaven! I believe it comes with a lot of samples too.

    @ninobeatz Any idea when?

  • @Slush said:
    Oh I am so waiting for this one, nice crispy vintage sample heaven! I believe it comes with a lot of samples too.

    @ninobeatz Any idea when?

    They’ll notify when it’s closer to release.

  • @ninobeatz said:

    @Slush said:
    Oh I am so waiting for this one, nice crispy vintage sample heaven! I believe it comes with a lot of samples too.

    @ninobeatz Any idea when?

    They’ll notify when it’s closer to release.

    👍

  • edited June 2023

    I have this on my mac. It’s not bad. Just don’t like the fixed filters. I spoke to dev and they have noted my suggestion to change that. The fixed filters are way too subtle and only 3 options :
    2 fixed low pass filters and 1 fixed dynamic filter.
    Still looking forward to having this on iOS

  • On the desktop, if you buy the Reason Rack Extension, they will send you a code for the VST3 as well.

  • @stormbeats said:
    I have this on my mac. It’s not bad. Just don’t like the fixed filters. I spoke to dev and they have noted my suggestion to change that. The fixed filters are way too subtle and only 3 options :
    2 fixed low pass filters and 1 fixed dynamic filter.
    Still looking forward to having this on iOS

    It sounds incredibly spot on with the original unit.

  • R_2R_2
    edited June 2023

    @stormbeats said:
    I have this on my mac. It’s not bad. Just don’t like the fixed filters. I spoke to dev and they have noted my suggestion to change that. The fixed filters are way too subtle and only 3 options :
    2 fixed low pass filters and 1 fixed dynamic filter.
    Still looking forward to having this on iOS

    Original SP1200 has fixed filters too (output 3 to 6). Which i’d also describe as subtle.

  • The SP1200 is one of my dream pieces of gear so I’m super stoked for this! Gonna buy the minute it comes out.

  • You all know probably already, there is a SP1200 app

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/espi/id1577738398

    I have never read something about it here on the forum in the on going current topics.

  • eSPi was a huge deal and long thread over on gearspace, it was originally a hardware emulation of the SP, until the developer decided to change his project to a software emulation. The feeling was this was done primarily because there was a similar, somewhat competing ISLA Instruments hardware instrument released around the same timeframe. Originally eSPi had some momentum, but it appears to have stalled…see:

    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/espi/low-hiss-it-s-2023-still-no-ios-update-and-not-rep-t273.html

    That is from the eSPi forum.

    I was really hoping eSPi would be made into AUv3, but this seems a bit better for me since I wouldn’t use the sequencer…and the original workflow with respect to sampling seemed pretty tedious.

  • edited June 2023

    @geremy said:
    eSPi was a huge deal and long thread over on gearspace, it was originally a hardware emulation of the SP, until the developer decided to change his project to a software emulation. The feeling was this was done primarily because there was a similar, somewhat competing ISLA Instruments hardware instrument released around the same timeframe. Originally eSPi had some momentum, but it appears to have stalled…see:

    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/espi/low-hiss-it-s-2023-still-no-ios-update-and-not-rep-t273.html

    That is from the eSPi forum.

    I was really hoping eSPi would be made into AUv3, but this seems a bit better for me since I wouldn’t use the sequencer…and the original workflow with respect to sampling seemed pretty tedious.

    i have it, its pretty cool but im irritated by an option presented that offers a synth patch in lieu of sample as source. Someone suggested thr option was a placeholder for future functionality.

    or its user error (more typical). I wrote the dev to clarify or complete the feature. awaiting a reply

  • Just a thought, would Koala Sampler, or Ableton Note, be more a spiritual successor of the SP1200? When you need the workflow but not the exact interface.

    I do have Koala but not Note, I guess they work the same. The sound character / signature of a real hardware unit cannot be equalled anyway. From my understanding the punch, the dirt, and also the artefacts makes the SP1200 sound special.

  • @raabje said:
    Just a thought, would Koala Sampler, or Ableton Note, be more a spiritual successor of the SP1200? When you need the workflow but not the exact interface.

    I do have Koala but not Note, I guess they work the same. The sound character / signature of a real hardware unit cannot be equalled anyway. From my understanding the punch, the dirt, and also the artefacts makes the SP1200 sound special.

    It’s one of those things where the original unit is it’s own thing and difficult to emulate.

    Note & Koala are both better than the old samplers IMO. What is lost in character is gained in overall fidelity and flexibility. The problem is you’re always going to sound like the 2020’s not like the 90’s. If that’s an important thing I think only the original gear will suffice.

  • @raabje @BroCoast Did you both watched the comparison video?

  • @Slush said:
    @raabje @BroCoast Did you both watched the comparison video?

    It does sound identical.

    But then RX950 doesn’t sound much like my MPC60 did, though it sounds good and does get the general vibe right.

  • edited June 2023

    @BroCoast said:

    @Slush said:
    @raabje @BroCoast Did you both watched the comparison video?

    It does sound identical.

    But then RX950 doesn’t sound much like my MPC60 did, though it sounds good and does get the general vibe right.

    But the RX950 emulates the Akai S950. Not sure if there is a technical difference between the MPC, but just saying :)

  • An interesting watch on the original SP1200 B)

  • @Slush said:
    @raabje @BroCoast Did you both watched the comparison video?

    Well I didn't, but now I did. This machine (hardware and software) is pretty intriguing. Now I see the sliders do add something extra. So that is a plus. The crushing and aliasing probably will also come close.

    So I am not dissing the SP1200 app, that was not my intent. I was thinking, if you want to create beats the SP1200 way, Koala would come close, if you ignore the sonic differences.

  • Still waiting for RYM2612

  • @raabje said:
    You all know probably already, there is a SP1200 app

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/espi/id1577738398

    I have never read something about it here on the forum in the on going current topics.

    I’ve had my eye on it for a long while, hoping it would go AU or get AU hosting capability but it hasn’t yet. And some of the reviews don’t bode well.

  • Rx1200 - would like to see “copy sample to other pads”. Dev has noted this.

  • @raabje said:
    You all know probably already, there is a SP1200 app

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/espi/id1577738398

    I have never read something about it here on the forum in the on going current topics.

    Here’s the thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47315/espi-for-ios-released-sp-1200

  • This showed up for me today. Maybe some will enjoy it :wink:

    Tagging @jwmmakerofmusic
    Maybe the app is not for you, but I guessed you could like the track :lol:

  • @senhorlampada said:

    This showed up for me today. Maybe some will enjoy it :wink:

    Tagging @jwmmakerofmusic
    Maybe the app is not for you, but I guessed you could like the track :lol:

    Oh that app will defo be for me! Amazing! 😃

  • We’re getting closer! 😎

  • @ninobeatz said:
    We’re getting closer! 😎

    This is probably the app I’m most excited about it right now. I’ve been following it closely for any kind of update so I’m absolutely stoked on this. Thanks for sharing!

  • @HotStrange said:

    @ninobeatz said:
    We’re getting closer! 😎

    This is probably the app I’m most excited about it right now. I’ve been following it closely for any kind of update so I’m absolutely stoked on this. Thanks for sharing!

    Always 🤝

  • How close are we? 😅

  • any update?

Sign In or Register to comment.