Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplewiz (and other samplers)

Does anyone know what note Samplewiz etc is based on.

I ask because I downloaded a sample of the UFO effect from space invaders, according to the pitch analyser app it's approximately a D6

However if I record the sample into Samplewiz via audiobus and then play a D Pitch Analyser tells me it's a G

Comments

• You have to set the transposition and fine-tuning appropriately for the sample. In the upper left you see the 5 different control page choices, you want to select the last one (two small dials on the icon). Then set the transposition and tuning controls until it plays the correct note. It doesn't appear to do automatic pitch detection of a new sample at all.

• Ta muchly I never would have spotted that.

• Hey, the AudioBus tab is not working for SampleWiz on the iPad. It works on the iPhone though. Any thoughts @sonosaurus?

• @FRibeiro, what iOS, Audiobus, and SW versions on both devices? It's working fine on my iPad3 (iOS 7.1.2), SW 1.4.1, AB 2.1.4.

• edited September 2014

iPad 4 and Air, lates iOS, latest AudioBus. Gonna check it on the iPad 3. The app works fine, just the Tab is not working, when I touch over it it plays the highest keyboard note as the Tab wasn't there.

• That's odd I just checked and it's the same on mine ipad 3 and whatever the latest versions are...

• Like Sonosaurus no problem here Ipad3, AB 214, Ios 712, Sw 141

• edited September 2014

Just confirmed, it's not working on my iPad 3. So i got the problem on all three iPads. iOS 7.1.2 Audiobus 2.1.4

I could try a reinstall but as Samplewiz don't let you export your programs, I cannot do it, don't want to loose my sounds.

• Very odd, can't explain it!

You can export your patches via email on the preset loading page, one at a time, by selecting one and hitting the button with the "S" envelope. You can re-import all of them at once using iTunes file sharing, dragging all of the .samplewiz files you exported in.

• Good! Thanks for the info! Gonna try it, and then reinstall to see what happens.

• Both Envelope icons are unavailable (grayed out).

• edited September 2014

Man, you appear to be cursed! I'm kind of at the end of my support capability for another dev's app at this point...

• Don't worry, it's not the worst bug. The app is working and it's great. I've reinstalled both SampleWiz and AudioBus on the iPad 4, no fix for AB Tab and Envelope icons... This is strange.