Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Capturing the random
Generative type of sequencers can be good, but also really bad too. A way around that is to send them to MIDI to capture the output, then pick and choose what elements you like.
Great combo to use is Drambo MIDI inside AUM, like this:
- Put Drambo and a generative sequencer (Rozeta Particles, TATAT, etc.) on a MIDI channel in AUM
- Route the sequencer to Drambo
- Set the pattern in Drambo to full length
- Arm Drambo to record
- Route Drambo to a synth on an audio channel in AUM
- Hit play in AUM
- Record to end
- And another “scene” in Drambo to easily record another pattern, perhaps with adjustments to the generative sequencer as desired
- Edit the patterns as desired, picking the good parts
Drambo makes it really easy, with the ability to sync to host and add scenes quickly. Obviously other MIDI recording apps could work too.