Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Good ol' days

I remember watching this shortly after it came out. Just stumbled across it again and figured that must be Michael on the forum. Always interesting to put a face to a name. Are you out on YT too Sebastian?

On Audiobus: Integration

via McTube for iPhone/iPad.

Comments

• Yeah that's Mike. I don't think I'm on youtube... at least not with anything Audiobus related.

• Did you guys imagine it would go this far? I guess once the SDK is public, things will really get crazy. Speaking of that, can you comment on when that might take place?

• I've had a hunch back then that Audiobus might be a good idea. I'm not sure how much making the SDK public will change, but it's not going to be long until that happens. Sorry, can't be any more specific.

• haha...I remember watching this. It was early last year, and I had been hearing rumours of something called 'Audiobus' that would allow you to stream and record your audio from one app into another. This sounded amazing. A google search threw me in the direction of this vid, and after watching it I never doubted that AB would appear. Michael just seemed so confident of the project.

Here we are...

...very spoilt! :)

• That was neat. Love the accent. Specially how he says "thing the first" instead of "first thing" :-))

• thought this thread was going to be about audio copy/paste.

• I remember too seeing it way back when, and I totally saw the possibilities although the workflow in AB with remote controlling an app from within another was never explained until almost one year later. :)

• edited March 2014

• @Simon all i know is it's not Canadian, so there for it's interesting to me. I thought he looked English..

• That might explain why I thought he looked English lol :-))