Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

First Seaboard Test!

edited June 2023 in Creations

Thanks to our friend and educator @gavinski I got the Seaboard going. To my shock and awe I found I can play the damn thing somewhat. As they say, close enough for jazz. Making more measured horns and strings will require some hard work, I think. I don’t have any grasp of the parameters. Lol, I’m not even certain all the parameters are registering.

Comments

• Oh no he’s got a new toy and he’s good on this as well 😊
    Hope you enjoy your new explorations, I’m sure we will !

• It’s good that’s the Seaboard fits your hands well. Looking forward to hearing your fingers slide vertically and horizontally which you would never do on a piano. Vertical should change the pitch and horizontally for vibrato and sliding/gliding between notes like a slide whistle or trombone… Violinists slide too.

• edited June 2023

Awesome, you are a maestro! The other day I really thought about it and I feel like the Roli devices were originally marketed as an instrument for everyone, but it is really an advanced device for advanced players. Slides, vibrato etc. are actions typically experienced musicians use to express themselves. If you’re not proficient at playing piano, guitar, strings or wind instruments then the Roli Seaboard might be like driving Uber with a Ferrari 🙃

• Nice one Mike! How are you enjoying the playing experience?

• You got it!

• @Gavinski said:
    Nice one Mike! How are you enjoying the playing experience?

X2

• edited June 2023

Mike, it sounds great!
    expression, vibrato rate and vibrato depth are the most important parameters in SWAM for realism, especially expression. Find a way to assign these on your Seaboard and you are going to get killer brass ensemble at your fingertips !

• edited June 2023

Thanks @GeoTony @McD @Stuntman_mike @Gavinski @Stochastically @Montreal_Music @JanKun
    I’m relieved I don’t want to return it like I did Osmose.

@McD wrote me that what I did above is no different from what I could do before without MPE. Yes and no. I haven’t figured out how to engage the 5 parameters, but I still hear differences, I think, even in this attempt. I wrote Roli today. More to come.

It still feels like I’m faking it somehow, but I do think I can get a hold of this new method of playing. For me it is preferable to and more natural feeling than the movement required in the OSMOSE.

• Unless Roli have seriously upped their response time, you'll be waiting a hella long time for a reply! I'd probably ask in their forum or some other mpe related forum in the meantime. I think, if indeed you are not getting all 5, it is either because you need to adjust something in your settings or - more likely - in the mpe instrument you're playing. When u try with polyphonic Roli Noise presets, how does it behave?

• Really good! The playing is so expressive, beautifully performed.

• Sounds great - I’d love to see a video of this being played

• @Gavinski said:
    Unless Roli have seriously upped their response time, you'll be waiting a hella long time for a reply! I'd probably ask in their forum or some other mpe related forum in the meantime. I think, if indeed you are not getting all 5, it is either because you need to adjust something in your settings or - more likely - in the mpe instrument you're playing. When u try with polyphonic Roli Noise presets, how does it behave?

Yeah, all 5 depends on the instrument you’re playing. Definitely try the Roli stuff to engage all 5. SWAM is also a great way to try everything, since their plugins have controller presets for the Seaboard.

• edited June 2023

@Stuntman_mike @gavinski, indeed Roli’s support is lacking. They did respond but said staff is down and I should use Equator. Lol, i’ll contact SWAM for info on what parameters are being used. I’ll try NOISE.

Thanks for listening @richardyot (glad to see your collab with @jankun thriving. You complement each other)

• @LinearLineman

this link might help, he goes through the Swam set up in detail , its for the VST but I believe its not too different from the ios app. for sure this will explain the right parameters at least.

around 10.13 mins in

• @Danny_Mammy said:
    @LinearLineman

this link might help, he goes through the Swam set up in detail , its for the VST but I believe its not too different from the ios app. for sure this will explain the right parameters at least.

around 10.13 mins in

🙌

• I think most of the settings he adjusts manually are set for you if you use the Seaboard Default preset (based on a quick look) 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    I think most of the settings he adjusts manually are set for you if you use the Seaboard Default preset (based on a quick look) 😊

I was wondering this… I use the Seaboard default and I get 5D.

• Nice! Congrats on your new gadget.

Did you ever make the trip to FL btw?

• @Stuntman_mike what mpe are you using? Is it a Seaboard hyoid might have said. I forget(?
    @Edward_Alexander i’ll pm you, Ed. Thx @Danny_Mammy that’s helpful.

• edited June 2023

@LinearLineman said:
    @Stuntman_mike what mpe are you using? Is it a Seaboard hyoid might have said. I forget(?
    @Edward_Alexander i’ll pm you, Ed. Thx @Danny_Mammy that’s helpful.

I have a Seaboard Block and Lightpad M 🤩

• edited June 2023

@LinearLineman said:
    @Edward_Alexander i’ll pm you, Ed.

Ok

• LL, congrats on your new machine, hell of a keyboard it is! frenq