Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something for the weekend...

If you have an iDevice (which you must, being an Audiobus forum member) you have Apple Books. Why's that relevant, well, this week, I was made aware of a new book via this week's MacBreak Weekly, that you may enjoy, and best of all, it's free.

Make Something Wonderful, by a certain Mr Steve Jobbs (plus editors).

Historically, I've sided on the Steve Jobbs is a megalomaniac of Elon Musk proportions side of the argument. So, a book published by the Steve Jobbs Archive, that is mostly made up of Steve Jobbs own words didn't really appeal to me as a concept. But of the three main co-hosts of MacBreak Weekly, I do tend to put a lot of stock in the wise words of Andy Ihnatko

And if Andy enjoys something, I tend to agree with him. At the very least, I dip into his recommendation to decide if he was putting the wrong stuff in his pipe that week. I'm glad to say he's bang on the money regarding this book, as it captures a side to Jobbs that biographers and commentators have to date missed. Sure, it shows his brilliance (and the blunderbuss that fuelled the Apple Reality Distortion Field), but it also shows a kind, considerate side to his personality that is little mentioned. Most of all, it indicates that he didn't always think he was always right all of the time. Sure, he was a challenging boss, but if you convinced him otherwise, he'd back down and support you all the way.

None of this is to say he didn't, on occasion, act like a dick. But it does provide a great insight of how he changed Apple's fortunes on his return to the company in the mid-nineties.

Feel free to post other "something for the weekend" recommendations. πŸ“šπŸ“½οΈπŸŽΆπŸ“»