Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you know about what AUv3 you need/looking for and where do you get info on new releases ?

nino is particularly good at finding out developers releases but I wanted to know where to get the info ? Is there a site that talks about iOS production ?

When you search for instruments or effects, how do you know what’s available or how to find what you are looking for in the App Store? Or however you find out what you’re looking for.

People say it’s the end of iOS small devs with logic but i disagree after seeing what’s available, I think it’ll enhance the already existing platform because , we didn’t need Logic at this point but it’s nice that it was made finally and whether you use it or not it’ll make iOS developers have new customers hopefully

I get finding a modeler instruments , I get searches for synths and drums, but the effects are so varied so how do you know what app you are looking for , and how do you feel confident when purchasing it knowing it could be a bust (without a refund )?

And how do you find current info?(aside from here)

Comments

• edited June 2023

My iOS wiring together is quite new, six months now. Info comes from partly here, partly synthtopia, synthanatomy, SOS, partly that some of these were already on desktop, partly the youtube reviewers, partly that excepting for new experimental development you probably have a strong idea of what you are looking for (you already know you need reverb, delay, chorus, phase, flanger, distortion, saturation, crush, pitch shift, granular, etc etc), and its a case of who does it well, and sometimes you just pull the trigger and find out, and there might be one or two duds.

FAC, Ruismaker, Toneboosters, Bleass, Audio Damage, FabFilter, etc they don't release anything you could call a bust anway, half of it is also on desktop so if I want to know not just from watching on TheSoundTestRoom or Gavinski, is Bleass Dragonfly good, I can install the desktop demo and find out myself

• edited June 2023

The Audiobus Forum.

• https://youtube.com/@TheSoundTestRoom

Lots of great YouTube channels out there, but this is one of the longest running. I think it has the most comprehensive coverage of the iOS music world, and demos and tutorials for apps going all the way back to the beginning, up to now.

Plus, the dude who runs the channel is one of the coolest people you will come across in the iOS music world. And a great musician as well.

• edited June 2023

@CracklePot said:
    https://youtube.com/@TheSoundTestRoom
    Plus, the dude who runs the channel is one of the coolest people you will come across in the iOS music world. And a great musician as well.

And is a moderator on this forum 👍

• Thanks for that info. I had no idea about the sites or those channels. The only channels I were aware of were STR Doug as a real mensch, very comprehensive app tests and some good tutorials of course, but definitely this is the place for information clearly.

I also should've said, not to sound foolhardy but I meant, do you guys ever just type in AUv3 to see what comes up? I do that and sometimes I find stuff I can't see any use for but then I type it in and sure enough there are guys who can't put it down on the forum. So That is how I meant, in those circumstances, how do you even entertain the idea of buying a $10-20 effect or midi plugin or something just based off a description? Seems like an obvious question but with such NicHE products, and so many indie devs I wanted to get some more knowledgeable users and veterans of iOS production because Ive only been at it for less than a year or so.

• Sometimes you can find stuff in the AppStore by searching the type of app you are looking for, like sequencer or sampler or even just Midi, maybe try adding AUv3 to the search.
    The same works in Google, but adding iOS to the search helps here for better results. Or search for a specific app by name. This will return AppStore links and relevant Audiobus Forum posts in most cases.

But hanging around here daily will really keep you in the loop.

• I imagine they use one of them ther’ RRS or RSS feeder thingies.

• @fearandloathing said:
    Thanks for that info. I had no idea about the sites or those channels. The only channels I were aware of were STR Doug as a real mensch, very comprehensive app tests and some good tutorials of course, but definitely this is the place for information clearly.

I also should've said, not to sound foolhardy but I meant, do you guys ever just type in AUv3 to see what comes up? I do that and sometimes I find stuff I can't see any use for but then I type it in and sure enough there are guys who can't put it down on the forum. So That is how I meant, in those circumstances, how do you even entertain the idea of buying a $10-20 effect or midi plugin or something just based off a description? Seems like an obvious question but with such NicHE products, and so many indie devs I wanted to get some more knowledgeable users and veterans of iOS production because Ive only been at it for less than a year or so.

How do we entertain the idea of spending $ on an app just off description. Again - the Audiobus forum! Every new music app that gets released gets its own thread here and usually several pages of initial user reports/reviews. Just read through those before purchasing anything.