Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic Pro not playing MIDI notes?

Anyone else experiencing Logic simply not playing MIDI notes? I record a series of notes into Logic but no noise comes out when it plays back, no matter which synth I use. Is this a bug or am I doing something stupid? I just want to make some music on this beautiful day! 😩☀️

Comments

• @audio_DT said:
    Anyone else experiencing Logic simply not playing MIDI notes? I record a series of notes into Logic but no noise comes out when it plays back, no matter which synth I use. Is this a bug or am I doing something stupid? I just want to make some music on this beautiful day! 😩☀️

Encountered many times when using ‘Capture Recordings’, some regions got muted, and other weird things…

• @Luxthor said:

@audio_DT said:

Encountered many times when using ‘Capture Recordings’, some regions got muted, and other weird things…

Thanks for replying. I’m pleased to hear it’s not just me. I was initially trying to record from Scaler 2, but Scaler 2 won’t sync with Logic at all now, after stopping working the other day for some unknown reason. I’ve managed to get some notes into Logic using the stock keyboards, although it’s not working perfectly all the time. And on the drum patterns, the top note (kicks) is not making a sound. I’m sure they’ll sort it in an update and I’m just glad it’s not me doing something silly.

Cheers!

• @audio_DT said:

Yeah, it’s certainly a bug - have been encountered this many times…
    But, just step out from the project and going back and the sound is back…

• @audio_DT said:

@Luxthor said:

@audio_DT said:

Thanks for replying. I’m pleased to hear it’s not just me. I was initially trying to record from Scaler 2, but Scaler 2 won’t sync with Logic at all now, after stopping working the other day for some unknown reason. I’ve managed to get some notes into Logic using the stock keyboards, although it’s not working perfectly all the time. And on the drum patterns, the top note (kicks) is not making a sound. I’m sure they’ll sort it in an update and I’m just glad it’s not me doing something silly.

Cheers!

Funny thing, when I import this project to ‘Logic macOS’, all those mysterious regions and tracks work as intended. Also examined MIDI data in ‘list editor’ under ‘events’, everything was clean.

• @audio_DT said:

@Luxthor said:

@audio_DT said:

Cheers!

The Scaler devs say the problem is with the midi fx not syncing above 44.1khz. Try it with a new project set to that sample rate, worked for me - though it doesn’t work if you change the sample rate of an existing project.
    Anyway, they’re working on it…

• You’re all really great - thanks for the replies. I’m very confident all will be sorted in time and am happy to bear with it. I’m really loving Logic on the iPad, aside from these weird niggles. I’m finding quite a few others, too, but I won’t list them because I’m sure you’re all aware.

Thanks again.