Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koala question

Still having a bit of a problem, using Koala as an AUv3 in Cubasis, newest version, iPad Air 5. When recording/triggering a sample, using mapping or not, (in this case one of about 48 snare samples in one Koala "song"), the wrong sample is triggered after closing, then reopening the Cubasis project. Simply opening the Koala AUv3 in Cubasis, then closing it, triggers the correct sample. Anyone know why this could be? @elf_audio

Comments

• wimwim
    edited June 2023

@musikeer said:
    Still having a bit of a problem, using Koala as an AUv3 in Cubasis, newest version, iPad Air 5. When recording/triggering a sample, using mapping or not, (in this case one of about 48 snare samples in one Koala "song"), the wrong sample is triggered after closing, then reopening the Cubasis project. Simply opening the Koala AUv3 in Cubasis, then closing it, triggers the correct sample. Anyone know why this could be? @elf_audio

Is it possible the plugin orientation has changed from Landscape to Portrait when you re-open? That messes with pad order.

• Thanks, Wim... it happens when always in landscape. Sitala doesn't have the problem at all. But I wish there were a way to export raw samples from Sitala, as Koala allows. And that Sitala didn't have a limit of 16 samples per kit. If wishes were horses...

• No one else with this problem? I guess it's Sitala to the rescue!

• wimwim
    edited June 2023

Hi @musikeer - I set up a test project and partially confirm what you're seeing. When I quit Cubasis I initially can't trigger Koala from an external keyboard. But after I open Koala's interface once it starts working.

On the first try, Koala was missing one of the samples that I had loaded onto a pad. The second time it didn't have that problem.

If I record notes to Cubasis's internal piano roll, they trigger Koala just fine on opening the project. Opening the Koala interface is only needed to get it to receive external midi.

• @wim said:

If I record notes to Cubasis's internal piano roll, they trigger Koala just fine on opening the project. Opening the Koala interface is only needed to get it to receive external midi.

This is the main problem for me: when opening a project, the notes trigger, but with the incorrect pads/assignments. With or without MIDI mapping on.

• @musikeer said:

@wim said:

This is the main problem for me: when opening a project, the notes trigger, but with the incorrect pads/assignments. With or without MIDI mapping on.

Humm ... I didn't run into that. I only tested with three pads active though.

• FPCFPC
    edited June 2023

Yeah I have this problem too.

Seems to be a Koala problem rather than Cubasis. Not sure if midi note numbers are getting scrambled or if it's dropping an octive or whatever. Been like this for ages but haven't bothered to do anything about it!

I've just been freezing the track straight away, knowing that all the samples will fuck up or just exporting the samples to Cubasis audio and adding to the timeline manually. Much prefer CB3 timestretch etc anyway.