Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BLEASS Voices by BLEASS (Released)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/bleass-voices/id6448981475

BLEASS Voices is a flexible and powerful audio plugin dedicated to pitching, transforming, doubling and harmonizing vocals.

With a total of 12 pitch shifted voices, each providing detailed control over pitch, formant, tone, width and placement, BLEASS Voices will redefine your vocal creativity and unleash your inner choir!

Releasing: June 8th

Comments

• edited June 2023

Please be MPE :)

• I read this as that it’s coming for iOS 6 and iOS 8.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I read this as that it’s coming for iOS 6 and iOS 8.

Fixed

• @ninobeatz said:

@mistercharlie said:
    I read this as that it’s coming for iOS 6 and iOS 8.

Fixed

👍

• Here comes the GAS, lol. 6 more days...

• Meh. Wish they’d make new voices for Pipa as in-app purchases instead.

• @NeuM said:
    Meh. Wish they’d make new voices for Pipa as in-app purchases instead.

Different developer…

• Ohh up to 12 pitch shifted voices, I like that a lot.

• @ghost_forests said:

@NeuM said:
    Meh. Wish they’d make new voices for Pipa as in-app purchases instead.

Different developer…

Oops. You’re right. 😂

• Let me guess they'll will try to push this one out for $19.99 or something like that...

• Looks great

• I’d like to know more about the ‘transforming’ side of it. I’m not too interested in the harmonious bit. Will it be anything like a Roland Voice transformer?…. what for a tenner!? Who knows, a rolled up newspaper can be a voice transformer - I’ll wait and see.

I’m thinking it will be the biz though. Well done to @ninobeatz , I couldn’t find a scintilla of any more info about it online.

• @Samu said:
    Let me guess they'll will try to push this one out for $19.99 or something like that...

Judging by their past prices for effects I’d say no but who knows. Still cool to see devs finally making some good vocal effects.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Ohh up to 12 pitch shifted voices, I like that a lot.

Right, my hardware mono synths will become chord machines 🙃

• Looks interesting! Wondering if I would be able to control the harmony in realtime with a midi keyboard.

• I would be interested to do some effect a la Jacob Collier

• @cuscolima said:
    I would be interested to do some effect a la Jacob Collier

That’s what I’m hoping for as well. Real time control like that would be a lot of fun.

• @cuscolima said:

Have you looked at?
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/harmonizr/id1348742174

• @Mr_Fox said:
    Looks interesting! Wondering if I would be able to control the harmony in realtime with a midi keyboard.

I'm wondering this too. I hope so.

• @TimRussell said:

@cuscolima said:

Have you looked at?
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/harmonizr/id1348742174

Harmonizr is a good app but I find the UI extremely frustrating. I never know what’s happening. One of those apps where you struggle to find your way and when you pick it up 2 weeks later you forget and start from scratch.
    On the contrary BLEASS interfaces are super clear and well laid out. Being an audio plugin I hope it has midi input to be able to control the voices, like Harmonizr instead of fixed pitches like Harmony 8. I’m a sucker for voice harmonies and haven’t anything that I like on iOS. It’s sort of surprising that my aging Voicelive3 pedal is still way ahead.
    Looking forward to this one.

• @Mr_Fox said:
    Looks interesting! Wondering if I would be able to control the harmony in realtime with a midi keyboard.

That would be useful. It would essentially be a vocoder, but keeping your own voice intact.

• edited June 2023

https://www.bleass.com/voices/

(Alas, the links for downloading from that page go to Megalit for now, ah well,,, I guess hold on till Thursday to actually have the shiny new toy, but info below...)

BLEASS Voices is a flexible and powerful audio plugin dedicated to pitching, transforming, doubling and harmonizing vocals and other monophonic sources. With a total of 12 pitch shifted voices, each providing detailed control over pitch, formant, tone, width and placement, BLEASS Voices will redefine your vocal creativity and unleash your inner choir.

Four of BLEASS Voices’ harmonized voices can be transposed independently by up to an octave higher or lower, or can be flattened to a chosen pitch. The remaining eight voices are triggered via MIDI, transposing the input signal to match the incoming MIDI notes. Coupled with BLEASS Voices’ deep implementation of MPE, this lets you play vocal chords that ooze expressiveness and nuance, and vocal solos with realistic glides, trills and embellishments.

Alongside the extensive MPE support, BLEASS Voices also includes synth-style modulators that add new dimensions of movement and variation to your vocal performances. With two LFOs, an envelope follower and a pattern sequencer, BLEASS Voices is like a performance synth for vocals!

All voices have access to the plugin’s intelligent pitch correction algorithm that forces the voices into a selected key and scale. Additionally, as well as feeding into the master output, each voice has its own independent output buss allowing you to mix and add effects to those voices as though they were standalone recordings*.

BLEASS Voices works with fundamental frequencies ranging from 66Hz (approximately C1) to 5.2kHz (approximately E7), making this the ideal plugin for tuning, doubling and harmonizing not only your vocal parts, but many other monophonic instrument parts too.

BLEASS Voices also offers a real-time mode for live performances, ensuring ultra-low latency.

• Any idea on price? This seems like it will be AMAZING...since it works on monophonic sounds too I'm imagining great things with mixing in Mela 4 with it :)

• Hmm, seems like Octavox?

• @Fear2Stop said:
    Any idea on price? This seems like it will be AMAZING...since it works on monophonic sounds too I'm imagining great things with mixing in Mela 4 with it :)

No clue. I'd only be guessing. Hazarding such a guess, not as cheap as their fx, in same range as their main synths? Purely a guess. I completely agree, from the description seems amazing, a channel your inner jacob collier or, as you allude to run anything else mono at all through it like a smart experimentalist, (recalls to mind the Tony Visconti story of running drums through the Eventide Harmonizer on the David Bowie album). So fingers crossed, if it works well, no need for a TC hardware solution, or a desktop plugin, iOS gets its cutting edge harmonizer. And for some of us, MPE! Wow.

• @Bruques said:

(Alas, the links for downloading from that page go to Megalit for now, ah well,,, I guess hold on till Thursday to actually have the shiny new toy, but info below...)

BLEASS Voices is a flexible and powerful audio plugin dedicated to pitching, transforming, doubling and harmonizing vocals and other monophonic sources. With a total of 12 pitch shifted voices, each providing detailed control over pitch, formant, tone, width and placement, BLEASS Voices will redefine your vocal creativity and unleash your inner choir.

Four of BLEASS Voices’ harmonized voices can be transposed independently by up to an octave higher or lower, or can be flattened to a chosen pitch. The remaining eight voices are triggered via MIDI, transposing the input signal to match the incoming MIDI notes. Coupled with BLEASS Voices’ deep implementation of MPE, this lets you play vocal chords that ooze expressiveness and nuance, and vocal solos with realistic glides, trills and embellishments.

Alongside the extensive MPE support, BLEASS Voices also includes synth-style modulators that add new dimensions of movement and variation to your vocal performances. With two LFOs, an envelope follower and a pattern sequencer, BLEASS Voices is like a performance synth for vocals!

All voices have access to the plugin’s intelligent pitch correction algorithm that forces the voices into a selected key and scale. Additionally, as well as feeding into the master output, each voice has its own independent output buss allowing you to mix and add effects to those voices as though they were standalone recordings*.

BLEASS Voices works with fundamental frequencies ranging from 66Hz (approximately C1) to 5.2kHz (approximately E7), making this the ideal plugin for tuning, doubling and harmonizing not only your vocal parts, but many other monophonic instrument parts too.

BLEASS Voices also offers a real-time mode for live performances, ensuring ultra-low latency.

Looks like it has MIDI in! I can't wait! :D I wonder if I can feed it a MIDI signal in Logic Pro. 🤔 If so, then that'll be how I tune my vocals from now on. Otherwise, I'll have to use ATOM Piano Roll and Voices in AUM.

• @auxmux said:
    Hmm, seems like Octavox?

Except didn't octavox have that horrible old school approach even now, where midi can set the interval, but you can't play midi notes as the actual notes, so you have to constantly keep the offsets in mind as to what you sing and what you play, unlike TC, Roland VT, Vocalsynth, Waves Harmony, Melda MHarmonizer, but exactly like Devious Machines Pitchmonster. This seems like Waves Harmony but MPE and some more stuff.

• @Bruques said:

@auxmux said:
    Hmm, seems like Octavox?

Except didn't octavox have that horrible old school approach even now, where midi can set the interval, but you can't play midi notes as the actual notes, so you have to constantly keep the offsets in mind as to what you sing and what you play, unlike TC, Roland VT, Vocalsynth, Waves Harmony, Melda MHarmonizer, but exactly like Devious Machines Pitchmonster. This seems like Waves Harmony but MPE and some more stuff.

Hmm interesting, haven't used most of those but I like Octavox as an FX a lot. Really disappointed that eventide haven't ported it to iOS, so this might fill that void and more.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Bruques said:

Looks like it has MIDI in! I can't wait! :D I wonder if I can feed it a MIDI signal in Logic Pro. 🤔 If so, then that'll be how I tune my vocals from now on. Otherwise, I'll have to use ATOM Piano Roll and Voices in AUM.

Didn't you say you bought Vocal Tune Studio the other day @jwmmakerofmusic ? Did you have a play and did it work well?

• @Thelast27 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Bruques said:

Didn't you say you bought Vocal Tune Studio the other day @jwmmakerofmusic ? Did you have a play and did it work well?

I did, and I didn't have a play with it yet. :lol: I just like MIDI-driven autotune more than editing vocals by hand.