Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NFM update

@Nikolozi thanks for the new update, that is very exciting that I can share my presets and look at others' presets, hope some of the FM people here share theirs. I found NFM really useful to learn FM, much better than using DX7 emulations, and it sounds great too.

But I can't see my user presets at the moment?

Comments

• edited June 2023

@circledsquare said:
    But I can't see my user presets at the moment?

Unfortunately, the old presets are no longer accessible due to some weird limitations from Apple's side. I wasn't going to update NFM because of this limitation, I didn't want users to lose their existing presets. But Logic Pro for iPad was released and NFM had compatibility issues, and couldn't do state saving. So, I had to push the update out and as part of that, I added user preset import/export so users can backup/exchange their presets.

Again, sorry about this. I didn't have any control over this. I had fully documented my adventures here: https://mela-feedback.nikolozi.com/feature-requests/p/nfm-preset-importexportbackup

(forgot to mention, existing sessions inside DAWs shouldn't be affected by this. i.e. NFM instances inside your DAW sessions should correctly load the old state and sound the same)

• @Nikolozi OK, thanks for the explanation. I might have had about 100 presets (I don't really remember). But probably over half were just tweaks of your presets. Good to hear that DAW/AUM sessions aren't affected. I'll survive haha.

You previously mentioned merging (N)FM functionality into Mela (4 or 5) on your roadmap, are you planning to do that soon?

• @circledsquare said:
    @Nikolozi OK, thanks for the explanation. I might have had about 100 presets (I don't really remember). But probably over half were just tweaks of your presets. Good to hear that DAW/AUM sessions aren't affected. I'll survive haha.

Good to hear :) It sucks when you lose access to files.

You previously mentioned merging (N)FM functionality into Mela (4 or 5) on your roadmap, are you planning to do that soon?

There was some discussion about this on another thread, here's the link if interested: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/1212881#Comment_1212881

But the short version is you can already kind of do some of the things with the FM Operator and Pitch Ratio modules in Mela 4.1. You can chain the operators on a lane, an operator can self-feedback. Can't send feedback from one operator to another just yet. The FM4 preset in Mela 4, is kind of a small demo of some of the things you can do. Of course, there's no polyphony yet in Mela. Plus the simplicity of NFM's Algorithm view makes it desirable for some users. But hopefully, I can come up with something that can be a good alternative in Mela. I have a few ideas, but they are still not fully developed.

If I was to guess, I think it's probably a v4.8-v5.2 feature, but there will be so many features between now and v5 it's hard to predict. Sometimes some features naturally come together fast because there are other building blocks they can reuse. Other times, the smallest things could get in the way :)

• @Nikolozi sounds cool, looking forward to seeing what you develop in 4 and 5!

• @circledsquare said:
    @Nikolozi sounds cool, looking forward to seeing what you develop in 4 and 5!

🧡