Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic pro / Flex pitch should we wait?

No indication if flex pitch will be introduced as yet - is it worth grabbing vocal tune studio for the mean time?

Is anybody using VTS and having good/great results? Would love to see a video of it being used within LP.

Comments

• If you ping @jwmmakerofmusic you probably get an answer.
    If I recall, he mentioned that he is using VTS in some other thread…

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    If you ping @jwmmakerofmusic you probably get an answer.
    If I recall, he mentioned that he is using VTS in some other thread…

Hallo mates. :) Yes, I mentioned I was going to try out VTS. I haven't gotten around to vocal production just yet in Logic Pro. Still working on instrumental stuff to continue familiarising myself with it. ☺️

But yes, I have VTS created by the ever talented @dwrae , and I'm going to watch through some tutorial videos to get familiar with it. I'd say it's worth every cent.

The one app I'd avoid like the plague is MusicPutty. $5/month or $30/annual subscription and hasn't been updated in 5 months. Do better AutumnRock! :lol: (For Logic Pro, $5/month subscription is worth it given the plethora of features it has and will probably gain in the coming months. For simple vocal tuning, a subscription is not worth it. :lol: )

• edited June 2023

@Thelast27 said:
    No indication if flex pitch will be introduced as yet - is it worth grabbing vocal tune studio for the mean time?

Is anybody using VTS and having good/great results? Would love to see a video of it being used within LP.

I would say it’s worth grabbing now while it’s still $9.99 which is a steal!

And like @jwmmakerofmusic mentioned, stay away from music putty.

• @baconink said:

@Thelast27 said:

Thanks mate - - showing as $29.99 AUD here!

• edited June 2023

@Thelast27 said:

@baconink said:

@Thelast27 said:

Thanks mate - - showing as $29.99 AUD here!

Damn… maybe the introductory pricing has ended? I can’t see what it is since I’ve already downloaded it

Just checked google and it’s still $9.99 USD. That sucks man, I’m sorry.

• @Schmotown said:
    This may not be your application, but pitch correction is already available: https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro-ipad/pitch-correction-effect-overview-lpipd8cb9f50/1.0/ipados/16.0

Thanks but flex is on the desktop version which wasn't included yet on the iPad pro version. It allows re-pitching similar to Vocal Tune Studio

• @Thelast27 said:

@Schmotown said:
    This may not be your application, but pitch correction is already available: https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro-ipad/pitch-correction-effect-overview-lpipd8cb9f50/1.0/ipados/16.0

Thanks but flex is on the desktop version which wasn't included yet on the iPad pro version. It allows re-pitching similar to Vocal Tune Studio

This we know, and this we wished was in the 1.0 release of Logic Pro. :lol: But in the meantime, Vocal Tune Studio. Even at full price it's a steal in my opinion.

• @Schmotown said:

I suspect it’s the same thing as what was available in GarageBand and it was pretty serviceable from what I recall

• FlexPitch this early in the game would almost complete the app…they could decide to wait a year and Make it a “wow” for version 2 (I hope not)

• @Schmotown said:

Interesting, but, what’s the difference between iPads Pitch Correction and Macs Flex Pitch?

Although I have Logic Pro on my Mac, I never use Flex Pitch…

On side 567 in the manual for Logic iPad, it’s written that Pitch Correction on iPad fixes vocale tonality?

Confused…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Schmotown said:

Interesting, but, what’s the difference between iPads Pitch Correction and Macs Flex Pitch?

On side 567 in the manual for Logic iPad, it’s written that Pitch Correction on iPad fixes vocale tonality?

Confused…

There is a difference between real-time pitch correctors and vocal pitch editors. In a real-time pitch corrector like Vocal Tune Pro or the one in Logic, you set the key, scale, retune time and amount and this correction is applied to every note. If you sing a C# in the scale of C, the algorithm may choose to retune to C, whereas you may have meant a D. This cannot be corrected by such plug-ins. Vocal Tune Studio and Flex Pitch allow each individual note to be corrected manually by the user. In addition to that, Vocal Tune Studio also allows to add artificial vibrato and correct for timing. If you look at the screenshots of Vocal Tune Pro and Vocal Tune Studio, you'll easily spot the difference.

• edited June 2023

@dwrae said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Schmotown said:

Confused…

There is a difference between real-time pitch correctors and vocal pitch editors. In a real-time pitch corrector like Vocal Tune Pro or the one in Logic, you set the key, scale, retune time and amount and this correction is applied to every note. If you sing a C# in the scale of C, the algorithm may choose to retune to C, whereas you may have meant a D. This cannot be corrected by such plug-ins. Vocal Tune Studio and Flex Pitch allow each individual note to be corrected manually by the user. In addition to that, Vocal Tune Studio also allows to add artificial vibrato and correct for timing. If you look at the screenshots of Vocal Tune Pro and Vocal Tune Studio, you'll easily spot the difference.

Thanks for summarizing this!

Then we all should buy Vocal Tune Pro/Studio if we like to correct vocals on tracks…

• @jwmmakerofmusic A major update is coming to MusicPutty, stay tuned. : )

• @dwrae said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Schmotown said:

Confused…

Man am I slow. I forgot I could simply use Vocal Tune Studio as an AUv3. :lol: And it can be used in Logic Pro without issue? Best vocal app mate hands down. :)

• @AutumnRock said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic A major update is coming to MusicPutty, stay tuned. : )

This ought to be interesting. 😏

• @AutumnRock said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic A major update is coming to MusicPutty, stay tuned. : )

Vocal Tune Studio looks pretty good, but MusicPutty looks even more comprehensive, albeit not available yet as an Auv3. I see the dev answered a comment, saying that an Auv3 is in the works.

Anything beyond delivering an Auv3 that you know of?

• @DovJ The next update contains some big enhancements to the existing workflow along with a more sophisticated and better-sounding shifting algorithm. Will share more when it is ready. :)